PDA

View Full Version : Series 10 - Where is Mr.Gold

nexusnixx
19th May 2013, 03:40 PM
Anyone been feeling the bags at the retail stores?

from my research... someone in Perth has found one.. and the other in Melbourne;)

Sinnertwin
19th May 2013, 04:56 PM
I had a quick feel (that sounds so wrong :p ) to no avail

Lint
19th May 2013, 05:07 PM
Given that Mr Gold (and his value on ebay) has hit the mainstream media so the likelihood of just strolling by and finding him is quite low. Store employees are ransacking boxes before they hit the shelves in hope they can make some easy money. (I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it happening at Target myself:()

That said apprently he's pretty easy to identify in package. Mr Gold is sealed in a plastic bag within the normal foil packaging. That means you'll be able to feel that all of his bits are bundled together.:)

llamatron
19th May 2013, 05:18 PM
What's he going for on the secondary market?

Sinnertwin
19th May 2013, 05:26 PM
What's he going for on the secondary market?

Not much at all (http://shop.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/searchresults?cmd=SREF&pg=1&back=1&kw=lego+mr+gold&fads=All&call=All&locatedin=WorldWide&sort=BestMatch&isRefine=true) :p

llamatron
19th May 2013, 06:07 PM
Oh wow, consistently finishing around $700 - $800. Yikes. Did they ever announce what the rough distribution was for him? 1 in a 100,000 or something?

sifun
19th May 2013, 06:33 PM
1/5000

I want one to keep!! :(

Sinnertwin
19th May 2013, 07:16 PM
Oh wow, consistently finishing around $700 - $800. Yikes. Did they ever announce what the rough distribution was for him? 1 in a 100,000 or something?

Don't know about that. As Sifun said, there are 5000 produced, but at what % they're distributed compared to regular figures is anyone's guess.

Omega Metro
19th May 2013, 07:42 PM
Just watch out for the fake/custom ones flooding ebay!

Golden Phoenix
19th May 2013, 08:15 PM
I'm not bothering feeling for Mr.Gold unless I can see the box is freshly opened. I spent 10min feeling up a box in Myer only for one of the staff to say someone had gone through the box and found the Mr.Gold already. Not wasting my time again unless, as I said, I believe the box is untouched.

Sharky
19th May 2013, 08:25 PM
Store employees are ransacking boxes before they hit the shelves in hope they can make some easy money. (I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it happening at Target myself:()

I been "lucky" enough to see this as well 6 boxes getting put on the shelf from the unpacking trolley already opened and rummaged through.

As awesome as a Mr Gold would be I find it hard an actual customer would get one at retail

nexusnixx
19th May 2013, 11:42 PM
hmmmmm...interesting to learn that retail employees are already doing the "search"

sigh looks like that bounty hunt can be called off unless we physically open a fresh box ourselves....

it is only 5000 pieces and some reckon the pricing will fall to about $400-$500.... but also need to consider those special numbers.. like 1/5000 or 5000/5000.....

arrghhh..thought i could spend some time doing the feeling... i guess not then...

Omega Metro
20th May 2013, 07:29 AM
People must have rocks in their head to pay $400+ for a tiny piece of plastic!:confused:

Gouki
20th May 2013, 11:53 AM
People must have rocks in their head to pay $400+ for a tiny piece of plastic!:confused:

People have paid prices more ridiculous than that for teeny (often) G1 toys and accessories.

I don't see the point, myself.

Lint
20th May 2013, 01:54 PM
I'm not bothering feeling for Mr.Gold unless I can see the box is freshly opened. I spent 10min feeling up a box in Myer only for one of the staff to say someone had gone through the box and found the Mr.Gold already. Not wasting my time again unless, as I said, I believe the box is untouched.

Some retail staff are being pretty good at resealing boxes. I remember opening up what I thought to be a 'mint' one to find that half the figs inside were gone! :eek:

Also a lot of the boxes that had already been checked by staff had packets that were not roughed up at all, which leads me to believe they were trying to quickly identify Mr Gold by bump codes posted on the internets, which has not been guaranteed to work so they could be missing him completely!

That further complicates whether a box is worth looking at or not :p

sifun
20th May 2013, 02:15 PM
sucks how staff can do stuff like that.
I might as well try order a bunch of them boxes

Sinnertwin
20th May 2013, 03:05 PM
sucks how staff can do stuff like that.
I might as well try order a bunch of them boxes

One chap in England apparently tried that with £500 worth. Brought them all back for a refund.

nexusnixx
20th May 2013, 09:34 PM
hmmmm... that is quite sneaky... bought from big retailers and then returning them.... after all it is still in saleable condition.... no questions asked....

interesting...

Danzvader78
21st May 2013, 06:06 PM
My brother been looking for him and it is driving him nuts trying to locate Mr Gold as he said it is like a huge gap in his mini figurine collection with out him and also refuse to pay that much to scalpers

valkyrie_76
22nd May 2013, 06:40 PM
Yeah I know someone (not saying who :D) has a Mr Gold after going through about 6 boxes.

Tetsuwan Convoy
23rd May 2013, 06:41 PM
Wow, I wonder if LEGO had some idea this would happen when they thought this idea up. Sure it's getting them attention, but if there are any not-so-nerdy folks after it, they have NO chance.

nexusnixx
23rd May 2013, 10:59 PM
woah.... only after 6 boxes... that is very lucky!!!

Please stand up!

Yeah I know someone (not saying who :D) has a Mr Gold after going through about 6 boxes.

Danzvader78
25th June 2013, 02:54 PM
I wonder if any one have a spare Mr Gold figure to sell or trade with me.. It is driving me nuts searching many shops
Some one got Mr Gold at Castle Hill Toys R Us after going through boxes I was only a week late..
Mr Gold is haunting me in my dreams....

Danzvader78
30th June 2013, 05:02 PM
Some one found Mr Gold at Castle Hill Toys R Us last month I was a week late...
A staff at Penrith Toys R US even stated over the phone that their group staff had gone through all six boxes looking for Mr Gold before putting up on shelves for the general public...
That has to be the low of the lowest :eek: