PDA

View Full Version : (MAY-2013) Beast Machines Era Comics - Comments and reviews

griffin
20th May 2013, 09:14 PM
Beast Machines is like the unwanted in-law of Transformers - very little attention was given to it, but it does have some fans.
It was released in both Western and Japanese markets, and details of this series can be read up here (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Beast_Machines:_Transformers_%28franchise%29).

There's not really any general release Comics, but it was included in the short-lived Universe comics, which was mostly from BotCon. If you have read any of these, let us know about them... or have a refresher read and post up some comments or reviews.

Are any worth finding/buying?

Are there any specific issues or stories you'd recommend to others?

How do they compare to the current era of Transformers comics... and do you think they should revisit this era as a comic?

KalEl
20th May 2013, 09:19 PM
Once again unfortunately im very lacking when it comes to the comic side of things so it will be very interesting to see what others have to say :)

MayzaPrime
20th May 2013, 09:23 PM
I really enjoyed the Universe/Beast Machines comic, sadly it didnt get a full run with mainstream comics but TFCC did finish it off well the Wreckers part anyway.

I also enjoyed the BM series, it was alot darker than Beast Wars and I can understand why some fans didnt enjoy it.

I felt the toys were hit and miss

BigTransformerTrev
21st May 2013, 12:31 PM
Had no idea a comic had ever existed!

GoktimusPrime
24th May 2013, 07:34 PM
"Unwanted inlaws" <---lololol :)

I find the BM comics are mostly trying to tie up continuity/story issues from the TV series (and justify exclusive toys). There were some parts of the stories that I liked more than others. One of the most memorable would have to be the violent deaths of Daniel Witwicky and Wheelie!! ;) Who didn't laugh their butts off when they read that! :D