PDA

View Full Version : (MAY-2013) Beast Machines Era - Rate it

griffin
20th May 2013, 09:23 PM
The Entire Era/Series as a whole (you can include the Japanese version if you want), how does it rate in the world of Transformers:

- Best Ever
- One of the better ones
- Average
- Not very good
- I refuse to have anything to do with it

KalEl
20th May 2013, 09:29 PM
- Best Ever
- One of the better ones
- Average
- Not very good
- I refuse to have anything to do with it

I put it as average, unfortunately it isn't anything more.

griffin
20th May 2013, 09:35 PM
It's worth mentioning that...
- the series was first being called "Beast Hunters" in early promo images, which might be why Hasbro have used it this year for TFPrime.
- this year's BotCon looks to be touching on Beast Machines, so at the end of next month we could have a new chapter to this Era to talk about.

KalEl
20th May 2013, 09:37 PM
It's worth mentioning that...
- the series was first being called "Beast Hunters" in early promo images, which might be why Hasbro have used it this year for TFPrime.
- this year's BotCon looks to be touching on Beast Machines, so at the end of next month we could have a new chapter to this Era to talk about.

good point, with obsidian and so on in the boxed set :)

MayzaPrime
20th May 2013, 09:47 PM
I enjoyed Beast Machines but it will never be more than an average series.

It had so much potential but the writing really fell short.

tinyJazz
21st May 2013, 09:19 AM
Can't stand it. I love Beast Wars, couldn't sit through a single episode of Beast Machines.

BigTransformerTrev
21st May 2013, 02:02 PM
Not very good. I was really looking forward to a vehicle based Transformers series after the animal-based Beast Wars, but all they managed to do was give us some weird looking machines as well as throw out the best parts of the G1/BW universe storyline.

UltraMarginal
21st May 2013, 04:30 PM
I voted "one of the better ones" simply because of the complexity and darkness of the story. it goes places that no other transformers series has been since that I am aware of.

it loses points for being CG before the medium was developed enough.

and compared to a lot of other series, especially the ones dubbed from japanese, it is pretty good. when compared to Prime and animated it's overall not as polished.