PDA

View Full Version : Cybertron Series: Cartoon & Toys

JuzMel
11th January 2008, 10:50 AM
Decided to bring over this thread from the old forum and try and keep it going. Some of the stuff previously discussed:

1) Characters that appeared briefly but did not transform. These included: Longrack (Excavator), 3 cars resembling Blurr from the toy-line, Signal-Lancer (Traffic Light), Buzzsaw (Speed Planet) and who else do you know?

2) Why Paramount didn't bring the Cybertron series to other parts of the world except the U.S.

3) Some of us either hate of love the cartoons series. Perhaps you'll like to share your view on the cartoon?

4) And Planet keys for your toys, does it matter to you that you get the exact one that belongs to that particular toy?

* Warning: Spoiler *
Continuing from that, I was just watching Season 2 episode 21: The Guardian last night and I've gotta say that's one of the most EMO episodes. It really doesn't explain why Vector Prime had to sacrifice himself. Just because he changed time again he had to vaporize? Well he changed time before once to stop Megatron from attacking the Mini-Cons and the kids, and he was fine the last time? :confused: Was it because this time it was to bring time back a year (and it was a long period) that it drained all his spark?

Anyway this thread can be used to discuss anything about the Cybertron series cartoon and the toys. So feel free to ask anything you might like here as well. :)

JuzMel
15th January 2008, 12:01 PM
Okay, a little trivia:

What were the names of the 4 cybetronian ships that carried the Planet keys to Earth, the Jungle Planet, Speed Planet and Giant Planet?

Paulbot
15th January 2008, 12:06 PM
Off the top of my head I think they were named after mythical lost Earth contintents, like Atlantis, Lemuria...

Or was that something to do with the Minicons in Armada?

Saintly
15th January 2008, 12:18 PM
Atlantis (earth), Lemuria (gigantron), Ogygia (velocitron) & Hyperborea (jungle planet)

google & wiki is your friend -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis_(Transformers)#Atlantis

Thanatos
15th January 2008, 02:08 PM
To be totally honest I haven't seen much of the cartoon, but I love the figures! Oh my goodness! The toys are so good I even buy the occasional repaint! (Swerve for example).

I cannot contain how much I love these toys.

JuzMel
15th January 2008, 05:26 PM
Saintly: Oooh, spoiler, you are supposed to watch the cartoon and try and remember it, not go google it. :rolleyes:

And Thanatos, yes the Cybertron series is one of the best series Transformers ever had, new toys, new moulds. But I only collect the characters that I like. To collect the whole range of toys would take forever, considering there's about 100+ of them, including legends, deluxes, voyagers, ultras, leaders and supreme class.

So go watch the cartoon! I'm sure you'll fall more in love with the characters and toys. ;)

Next trivia question, (a more difficult one) Which character appeared in the jungle planet and as a toy, yet was never really featured or transformed in the cartoon? :D

iceburn
15th January 2008, 05:57 PM
Can't really remember but is it Brimstone?

Saintly
15th January 2008, 10:19 PM
Saintly: Oooh, spoiler, you are supposed to watch the cartoon and try and remember it, not go google it. :rolleyes:

Next trivia question, (a more difficult one) Which character appeared in the jungle planet and as a toy, yet was never really featured or transformed in the cartoon? :D

I had finished watching it Sept'07, re-watching isn't possible yet as time is a rare find nowadays.

Sorry to spoil it this though... should this be in the games thread? -> http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=16

just tell me to shut up if it is inappropriate

i_amtrunks
16th January 2008, 10:38 AM

Undermine or Brimstone would be my guesses. Both stayed in beast mode as well as I can remember.

JuzMel
17th January 2008, 11:59 AM
Ha, none of them is the answer, Brimstone and Undermine did transform a couple of times in the cartoon.. I was just trying to find out if anyone "found" any character that might have came out as a toy too cause I saw one that looked like a deer but there was no toy for it. :P

Anyways, next people, which is your favourite Cybertron character in the cartoon and why?

iceburn
17th January 2008, 12:24 PM
Ha, none of them is the answer, Brimstone and Undermine did transform a couple of times in the cartoon.. I was just trying to find out if anyone "found" any character that might have came out as a toy too cause I saw one that looked like a deer but there was no toy for it. :P

Anyways, next people, which is your favourite Cybertron character in the cartoon and why?

That deer must not be a Transformer then...since he/she did not speak or transform. Must be an animal in the Jungle planet...*kekeke*

Paulbot
17th January 2008, 12:34 PM
I thought Scourge and Mudflap were the most interesting characters, but I'd have to say my favourite to watch was Thunderblast because she was just a lot of fun and very cutesy for a bad girl and that made me laugh.

i_amtrunks
17th January 2008, 01:39 PM
That deer must not be a Transformer then...since he/she did not speak or transform. Must be an animal in the Jungle planet...*kekeke*

From memory there were alot of animals on Planet Beast that were just plain beasts, they rocked up near the end... could be my scrambled memory playing up though.

Tetsuwan Convoy
17th January 2008, 08:39 PM
I really like Thundercracker. He was SUCH a punk, ALWAYS swearing and carrying on, and yet not being all that effective. Oh, I watched Galaxy Force more than Cybertron by the way, hence the sweariing.

Good toys, I think I have the most GF/CYB toys than any other series. As for my Fave toy, probably Noisemaze/Sideways or Megatron.

Oh and in the Beast Planet episode, when Megatron is talking to Scourge for the first time, on the walls are murals of a Lion (Lio Convoy) a mammoth (Big Convoy) and a gorilla ( *sometimes Beast* Convoy).

Bartrim
17th January 2008, 09:28 PM
My favourite character in the cybertron series is Crosswise. I've always liked hunter type characters and I think he has one of the best lines in the whole series. I cant remember what episode but he and Landmine are transforming to fight Starscream on Cybertron and as he transfers he says "Normally I bring joy and cheer where I go. In your case I think a butt kicking is in order" (or something like that)

Soundwarp
18th January 2008, 07:22 AM
IMo the show was pretty cool!
I also think that it will be the last "Normalish" TF cartoon for the time being. After many many discussions i beleive that Animated may be good for TF's in the long run. No i don't like it but i am not millions of smaller kids that will.

i_amtrunks
18th January 2008, 09:49 AM
I really like Thundercracker. He was SUCH a punk, ALWAYS swearing and carrying on, and yet not being all that effective. Oh, I watched Galaxy Force more than Cybertron by the way, hence the sweariing.

Same here, and I actually like the toy too.

Noisemaze was pretty damn good in the early episodes, but kinda became nothing later on. Also liked Thuderblast, Megatron gunning down (the eventual) CD team was spiffy and Ransack and Crumplezone were great to watch too.

Of the bots, Snarl was probably my fav.

Bartrim
18th January 2008, 11:09 AM
Megatron gunning down (the eventual) CD team was spiffy.

I remember seeing that episode and just being blown away (no pun intended) by that ending. Of course thats when Cartoon Network (the bastards) decided to stop screening Cybertron for a while. I was dying to find out what happened to them.

JuzMel
22nd January 2008, 03:49 PM
Ha being my favorite Transformers series, I'd say that I love all the Cybertron characters, of course though I have some favourites like Scourge, Crumplezone and Ransack purely because those two never fail to make me laugh. :D It's so silly and funny how they always seem to argue and then both get booted off by the autobots..

Hmmmm.. favourite autobot, Vector Prime?

I'm quite disappointed though that they came out with the animated series instead of continuation of Cybertron series. But I'm guessing there should be, because in the last episode, Landmine and Mudflap actually asked permission from Optimus Prime to go after Starscream. And they never did explain what happened to star scream..

So *fingers crossed* ;)

Oh and bartrim, did you find out what happened to them anyway in the end? Cause if ya don't, iceburn and I have the cartoon on DVDs...

Bartrim
23rd January 2008, 09:17 AM
Oh and bartrim, did you find out what happened to them anyway in the end? Cause if ya don't, iceburn and I have the cartoon on DVDs...

Yeah Mel. They eventually decided to show the rest of the series and I have it on DVD too:)

GoktimusPrime
23rd January 2008, 10:11 AM
I have the first DVD of Galaxy Force (bootleg'd y'arrr!) - need to get box #2.

JuzMel
24th January 2008, 11:03 AM
The Galaxy Force cartoons I watched on YOuTube all have subtitles, does your DVD also have subtitles Gok?

Anyway, if there's a continuation of the next season of Cybertron, which characters (the toy) would you guys like to see appear in the cartoon?

Paulbot
24th January 2008, 11:09 AM
Signal Lancer! :)

JuzMel
24th January 2008, 11:17 AM
Ermmm but Signal Lancer did appear in the cartoon didn't he?(if ony just once?) On the last episode where autobots were called to help build the space bridge to link all the planets? He was the traffic light in the middle of the road and then he transformed and said good bye to the telephone booth autobot and then booted off to join the rest? :confused:

Anyway, i chanced upon this on google while looking for wallpapers:

A preview of how Cybertron version of Bumblebee will look like:
http://fc02.deviantart.com/images3/i/2005/152/7/e/Galaxy_Force_Bumblebee_by_aero11616.jpg

It was drawn by an artist from Deviant Art. If you can't see the pic, here's the link: http://aero11616.deviantart.com/art/Galaxy-Force-Bumblebee-18946367

i_amtrunks
24th January 2008, 11:57 AM
Interesting find there JuzMel.

Highly doubt it's officila (Since Hot Shot is Rodimus-Bumblebee merged together) I get a Cybertron Blurr type vibe from him.

Wish I could find the images of the Signal Lancer custom someone made from a Cybertron Mudflap figure.

Paulbot
24th January 2008, 12:39 PM
Ermmm but Signal Lancer did appear in the cartoon didn't he?(if ony just once?)

Yes but if there was a continuation of the next season of Cybertron, I'd want to see more of him off on his adventure. :)

Of the actual Cybertron toys I would like to see the Giant Planet Minicon team in action.

GoktimusPrime
24th January 2008, 08:06 PM
The Galaxy Force cartoons I watched on YOuTube all have subtitles, does your DVD also have subtitles Gok?

Yeah they do, but I have no idea what they're like as I never use them. :p As a Chinatown bootleg, I suspect they'd be in pretty dodgy Chinglish though. ;)

Tiby
25th January 2008, 10:46 AM
It's a shame many of the Cybertron molds have been reused and reused on the Movie line. I really liked the figures and the show (except for how Optimus always had to combine with someone else to do anything, and never used his brain).
The keys are a pain and never really explained in the show. They never quite pulled off the new mode = new weapons / features properly, like they did in Beast Wars.
I did like the characterisation of many of the characters including questioning allegiance. Some of them never had an allegiance at all!

JuzMel
22nd February 2008, 12:16 PM
It's a shame many of the Cybertron molds have been reused and reused on the Movie line. I really liked the figures and the show (except for how Optimus always had to combine with someone else to do anything, and never used his brain).
The keys are a pain and never really explained in the show. They never quite pulled off the new mode = new weapons / features properly, like they did in Beast Wars.
I did like the characterisation of many of the characters including questioning allegiance. Some of them never had an allegiance at all!
Yeah I agree with you Tiby, Hasbro is smart to always re-use molds, repaint them and declare them as different characters for their own profits sake. So for the Cybertron series, I only buy those toys which characters actually come out in the cartoon. And since I'm not sure if the the re-molds from the Cybertron series will come out in the movie as well, I just bought the movie re-paints instead like Scout Storm Surge and Warpath.

As for allegiance and use of cyber planet keys, I also have the same thoughts. The keys do not represent much sometimes and some characters from the Jungle or Giant planet don't have Autobot or Decepticon logos on them. Some like Metroplex have, it's pretty inconsistant I've got to say... :rolleyes:

Thanatos
26th February 2008, 10:20 PM
I hate repaints too. Except when I get scouts. Sometimes the scouts get overboard...

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1654/img2495vv0.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/1686/img2504hl7.jpg

Hardtop and brobot Swindle

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4958/img2497hn5.jpg

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/6360/img2502md2.jpg

Armorhide, Cybertron and Movie versions!

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2236/img2498ip1.jpg

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1195/img2501av6.jpg

Swerve, Clocker and Movie Clocker

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2051/img2503ul8.jpg

I love Scrapmetal. The 2nd red one is getting painted and then I will pursue more on the constant quest for Terrorcons!

I cannot get over the Cybertron line. Best line of toys I've ever played with.

GoktimusPrime
26th February 2008, 10:44 PM
I checked the subs on my Galaxy Force DVDs recently and the English in those subs looks reasonably decent - from the few minutes of it that I checked across various scenes within an ep or 2. So the bootlegs might be worth getting. :)

Thanatos
26th February 2008, 11:06 PM
Curse you Gok, now my photos will not be seen!

:P

JuzMel
27th February 2008, 10:54 AM
Nice display of the different remoulds Thanatos! :)

But hey you are missing the Blue Scrapmetal. I also didn't realised that the blue scrapmetals exist. I was sure that there was a blue one but iceburn told me no last time and I just found it from a toy site. They were produced by Takara under: Takara Transformers Galaxy Force GD-13 Rumble blue version

And yeah, I was thinking of downsizing my Transformers and my partner suggested going with the Cybertron range and I was like NOOOOO, they are my favorites right after the G1s! :D

Thanatos
27th February 2008, 03:43 PM
I'm going to buy more Scrapmetals and just paint them.

I do want Japanese Blue Rumble though.

GoktimusPrime
27th February 2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah - there was never a blue Scrapmetal, only blue Rumble.

i_amtrunks
28th February 2008, 11:53 AM
"Cody Rumble" right?

dirge
28th February 2008, 12:02 PM
That blue Ramble is a b**** to find. It was always slightly rarer than the red or yellow ones, and since Hasbro decided to release only the red and yellow ones, the blue ones have become even harder to find!

JuzMel
28th February 2008, 12:54 PM
Ermmmm aren't they the same thing anyway? Rumble = Scrapmetal, just one is Galaxy Force and the other is Cybertron?

Anyway painting them is a good idea. Get a few of them and paint them different colours, even green! Which they also had in the cartoon.... right? :P

JuzMel
25th March 2008, 02:03 PM
Anyone can tell me the differences between Cybertron TRU Screamer and Galaxy Force Screamer besides the colour? Thanks

GoktimusPrime
25th March 2008, 06:45 PM
afaik there's no difference other than the colour and serial number on the planet key of the CYB version. The GF also comes with a tech specs card.

IMO the GF version has nicer colours though. :)