PDA

View Full Version : mp-10b custom

VGMStudios
1st June 2013, 06:04 PM
So after months of waiting to get parts I was finally able to finish my custom for Nemisis Prime. It was something i wanted to do every since i preordered him and after seeing what ft-03 had, I couldn't resist. He is so much better now! :)
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-yupmxmRzfgg/UampG3riWqI/AAAAAAAADtk/nOIuApLvuTA/s1024/20130601_035146-1.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-euEzb0E_-Lw/UampOK4E-bI/AAAAAAAADts/ulUkKMCKK54/s1024/20130601_035240.jpg
There is a switch on the back of his head and the batteries are removable. I even made a battery compartment for them.
Hope you like.

Trent
1st June 2013, 06:10 PM
7 different kinds of awesomesauce!!

Well done dude!:cool:

Megatron
1st June 2013, 06:32 PM
Wow, he looks menacing. Nice work! :cool:

Soundwarp
1st June 2013, 06:36 PM
Yeah, that's awesome!

Sinnertwin
1st June 2013, 06:52 PM
Looks really good! :D

UltraMarginal
1st June 2013, 07:06 PM
very nice, do you have any pics of the process and design for the battery compartment and light in the head. that's very impressive.

lancalot
1st June 2013, 07:16 PM
very nice, do you have any pics of the process and design for the battery compartment and light in the head. that's very impressive.

yeah man...any wip pic...? ....that totally awesome man....looks really good...

AJ_Prime
1st June 2013, 09:49 PM
Wow I LOVE that! Those light up eyes are absolutely amazing!

VGMStudios
2nd June 2013, 01:15 AM
Thanks for all the kind words you guys. I am pretty pleased with it.
Unfortunately I don't have any wip shots. I always forget to do that but I can whip something up for those that are interested. Maybe some of you can improve the design. :)

lancalot
2nd June 2013, 02:36 AM
Thanks for all the kind words you guys. I am pretty pleased with it.
Unfortunately I don't have any wip shots. I always forget to do that but I can whip something up for those that are interested. Maybe some of you can improve the design. :)

I love to see how you did it..... :) , how long did it take you ? ... I really hate working with LED at the moment from a bad experience yesterday...:rolleyes:

VGMStudios
2nd June 2013, 09:07 AM
Could someone do me a favor and take apart their mp10b head and take a shot of both halfs. (Its 2 screws) both inside and outside.
This will help me create some thing for you guys since I dont have wip shots.
Thanks.

lancalot
2nd June 2013, 03:36 PM
here you go .....
http://imageshack.us/a/img268/4258/img0973large.JPG

http://imageshack.us/a/img29/9257/img0972large.jpg

VGMStudios
3rd June 2013, 01:09 AM
Perfect. Thanks. Ill make something up for you.

Hursticon
3rd June 2013, 08:24 PM
Oh man! - Those LED-lit optics look friggin' amazing VGM! :eek:
It's such a small mod, but it has such a dramatic effect on the whole figure's presentation - Congratulations dude, well done. :cool:

VGMStudios
4th June 2013, 07:52 PM
Thanks Hursticon. I agree with you completely. Hehe.
Im no stranger when it comes to modding with leds.
It always improves a figure in some way I think.

VGMStudios
5th June 2013, 11:04 AM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-0FTZk3wDQjQ/Ua6KK4JUMQI/AAAAAAAADuI/Xrxi-WBL2VY/s922/mp10b.jpg

Ok this how I did mine. Maybe you can improve it.

1. After opening the head, I removed the screw holding slots on the back of the head (GREEN CIRCLE) completely. Shaved it down until smooth. The two on the inside of the head (GREEN CIRCLE) I sniped short.

2. The RED OUTLINE SQUARE is were I placed the Battery compartment that I made. It is composed of 1mm pla-plate. Ive added the size of it, but I dont remember the height. Its basically the size of both CR1025 cell button batteries on top of each other. The ORANGE circle is a copper contact that is on both the top and bottom of the compartment. RED and GREEN coming out of it are NEG and POS wires.

3. The 2 smaller RED SQUARES are the SMD LEDs (WHITE) and the BLUE SQUARES are 180ohm SMD Resistors. I wired them up as in the picture. GREEN for POS, RED for NEG. Before gluing down the LEDs I scratched a bit of the silver paint away so the light shines through more.

4. The YELLOW CIRCLE on the back of the head, I filled it in with putty, made smooth and painted it black.

5. The PINK Square is where I cut out the back and placed the SMD on/off Switch. I even showed how to wire it up. On the inside the 1st + and - is for the wires from the batteries. The 2nd pair of + and - is for the LEDs.

6. I then painted the back of the LEDs black and placed electrical tape over it so the light doesnt shine threw the cracks.

7. Putting it all together I Super glued the top and the two places on the botton. NOT the whole thing. Its so you can open it again with ease.

Note, I did not glue the batter compartment down. Its so you can move it in case you need to change batteries.

If you have questions, LMK.

It took me roughly a day or so if you add up all the hours. But since I had to wait for the batteries to arrive it took a over a month.

Good luck!

lancalot
5th June 2013, 02:10 PM
That a good tutor VGMs ... you put it down like it so easy to do but man that seem like alot of work !! i've just been using LED and it a pain! ... great job man...