PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE: Anime Export

primetime
3rd June 2013, 01:01 PM
Hi guys, I would like to warn you about Anime Export and of late their dealings with me have been far less than satisfactory.

1. Ordered my Fort Max from them and it arrived missing the small green triangle cockpit window.

2. Ordered Frenzy & Buzzsaw was instead sent Rumble & Jaguar

I sent no less than 10 e-mails in the course of 2 months while initially they replied they'd be prompt in sending replacement part and the correct order for Frenzy & Buzzsaw, afterwards I have had no further e-mails from them and my subsequent e-mails was ignored.

To date it's been almost two months and the problems above have not been resolved.

Beware of AE, as of now I'm cutting off further purchases from them until I have a satisfactory resolution.

Anyone who has a suggestion as to these problems feel free to post and reply.

janda the red
4th June 2013, 06:20 PM
Sucks to hear mate.

I don't know what the solution is to be honest.... but if it was me I wouldn't let up, email them everyday if you have to.

As the old saying goes.... The squeaky door gets the oil.

Good luck :)

GoktimusPrime
4th June 2013, 08:50 PM
Contact the ACCC?
http://www.accc.gov.au/contact-us

Tober
4th June 2013, 09:16 PM
Sucks to hear this. I use and recommend Anime Export regularly. I have done so for many years and have always happy with their customer service.

Given the amount of time that has passed since the transactions I'd say your best bet is to begin a 'reverse chargeback' between you and your credit card provider and PayPal (assuming that is how you paid - a PayPal account linked to a credit card). You will need to go to your bank and provide proof of these transactions in order for them to consider the case - PayPal and AE receipts and emails between you and AE. Given the amount of time that has passed since you paid and contacted your bank this may no longer be an option.

I hope it all works out.

Lint
4th June 2013, 09:17 PM
Hi guys, I would like to warn you about Anime Export and of late their dealings with me have been far less than satisfactory.

1. Ordered my Fort Max from them and it arrived missing the small green triangle cockpit window.

2. Ordered Frenzy & Buzzsaw was instead sent Rumble & Jaguar

I sent no less than 10 e-mails in the course of 2 months while initially they replied they'd be prompt in sending replacement part and the correct order for Frenzy & Buzzsaw, afterwards I have had no further e-mails from them and my subsequent e-mails was ignored.

To date it's been almost two months and the problems above have not been resolved.

Beware of AE, as of now I'm cutting off further purchases from them until I have a satisfactory resolution.

Anyone who has a suggestion as to these problems feel free to post and reply.

That reminds me, I don't think I got any response other than "we will find you a replacement part from Takara" from AE for my Fort Max. Might go bother them again.

primetime
4th June 2013, 09:36 PM
Yeh I think chargeback's a bit out of the question at the moment given almost 2 months have passed.

Worst comes to worst I'd have to find the replacement part on e-Bay - shouldn't be difficult and end up with a spare Rumble and Jaguar.

Luckily it's not an even bigger stuff-up on their part - considering I placed numerous orders with them in the past worth a hell of a lot it is a very disappointing end.

Going forward I will not recommend AE to any one and will stop placing further orders with them.

Tober
4th June 2013, 09:52 PM
Yeh I think chargeback's a bit out of the question at the moment given almost 2 months have passed.

Worst comes to worst I'd have to find the replacement part on e-Bay - shouldn't be difficult and end up with a spare Rumble and Jaguar.

Luckily it's not an even bigger stuff-up on their part - considering I placed numerous orders with them in the past worth a hell of a lot it is a very disappointing end.

Going forward I will not recommend AE to any one and will stop placing further orders with them.

If less than 2 months have passed you could possibly still open a dispute directly through PalPal. I think you have up to 60 days...

I think you have between 2 and 6 months to start a reverse chargeback through your bank. Definitely try PayPal first - it usually gets their attention pretty fast. ;)

Cat
5th June 2013, 12:48 AM
Paypal is 45 days.

It's still worth trying, if only so you have that paperwork to present to your credit card provider.

Assuming it was funded by credit card.

Was that the case? If it was done by via Paypal funded by credit card, you should have 3 months to contest the charge. This can vary, so call your bank.

Even if it was via debit card, you may still be covered, and probably will be. Again though, I can't say for sure without knowing specifics.

Don't delay though.

Many Fort Maxes had problems. This was a known issue that caused a delay. Anime Export should probably know about this, as you would probably not be their only customer in this position, if they were all first shipment.

primetime
5th June 2013, 06:05 AM
Many thanks for all the replies guys, I'll double check my Paypal records to see how far back my payment was for the Rumble and Jaguar, I don't think it's worth contesting the Fort Max as it's only the small cockpit window that's missing, I'll try my luck on e-Bay.

My FM's been re-taped so even though they may have checked the weapons and accessories, they sure as heck did not check the robot itself.

In the meantime, I've tried sending AE another e-mail to the e-mail they provided on the Paypal contact details and also another message through their Facebook page (which hasn't been updated since March 18).

Interestingly, their own webpages are still updated with new products.

However from now on I'll stick to other sites such as Nippon-Yasan and Big in Japan, maybe more expensive but I'd rather than that bad customer service.

Cat
7th June 2013, 01:05 AM
The extra tape means it was first shipment, and the rechecking wasn't done by Anime Export.

Most likely.

But the thing to do is ring your CC provider. Check the back of the card for the best number to contact.

Disputes can take awhile though. 6-8 weeks is common, and well within normal guidelines.

canofwhoopass_87
7th June 2013, 03:44 PM
That really sucks man. Sorry to hear it. I think paypal (i.e. non ebay purchases) only allows a 45 day window with which to raise a dispute/claim - just so everyone is aware.

Looks like I won't be going to anime export to buy anything now

primetime
11th June 2013, 02:40 PM
Hey guys, an UPDATE:

I finally got a reply back from AE:

1. The main reason (supposedly) was that they did not realise that their e-mail replies were going through due to Google (JP) bouncing off their e-mails into the black hole presumably due to being marked spam or what not - so all this time only a few days ago they realised that I wasn't getting any of their replies at all!

2. Their customers are still waiting for their FM replacement parts (for those who are) - excuse was Takara needs to remanufacture the parts again from China etc (this has now been 2 months and a bit for me).

I will post up further updates as to how things are going - currently they said they will hold one Frenzy & Buzzsaw for me to be shipped off as soon as I tell them to.

Thanks again for all the replies guys.

canofwhoopass_87
11th June 2013, 05:28 PM
Seems a bit of a crappy excuse with the whole "emails going in the spam box". You don't run an online store that big / for that long and forget to double check your email filter settings.

nexusnixx
11th June 2013, 05:47 PM
Hmmmm at least there is response although it does not sound pleasing to us collectors.
Please do keep us updated.

Tober
11th June 2013, 06:42 PM
Hey guys, an UPDATE:

I finally got a reply back from AE:

1. The main reason (supposedly) was that they did not realise that their e-mail replies were going through due to Google (JP) bouncing off their e-mails into the black hole presumably due to being marked spam or what not - so all this time only a few days ago they realised that I wasn't getting any of their replies at all!

2. Their customers are still waiting for their FM replacement parts (for those who are) - excuse was Takara needs to remanufacture the parts again from China etc (this has now been 2 months and a bit for me).

I will post up further updates as to how things are going - currently they said they will hold one Frenzy & Buzzsaw for me to be shipped off as soon as I tell them to.

Thanks again for all the replies guys.

Was this prompted by you contacting PayPal or you bank?

I've heard the spam filter excuse before from various Japanese retailers over the years... :confused:

primetime
14th June 2013, 10:03 PM
Was this prompted by you contacting PayPal or you bank?

I've heard the spam filter excuse before from various Japanese retailers over the years... :confused:

It was prompted by me - after I sent them numerous e-mails to:
1. To their customer service rep directly (no response)
2. To the store manager Boris (no response)
3. On their FB page sent a message
4. Sent also via their contact us message box on their website

I think either 3 or 4 would have triggered it - although yeah the excuse sounds really thin on paper, and imagine if you have paid A LOT of money on pre-orders - these jokers could just disappear at any time and you'd have little recourse.

speros
4th July 2013, 06:53 AM
the reason your Fort max was retaped was a customs check something of that size they slice a small hole / cut tape and retape for a small inspection. you would be surprised they check even small envelopes.
I work in shipping and I know my stuff...

Also when it comes to fort max I know your pain of searching I bought an original fort max body about 3 years ago and spent 5months searching for all the parts to complete him. that little cockpit window was as difficult to find as an original Cerebros!!!

no offence but you would have been better off ordering it from a US website rather than Jap website.

Gouki
4th July 2013, 07:02 AM
no offence but you would have been better off ordering it from a US website rather than Jap website.

What makes you say that? I find shipping items from Japan to be faster, cheaper and more reliable than shipping from America.

Sinnertwin
4th July 2013, 07:55 AM
the reason your Fort max was retaped was a customs check something of that size they slice a small hole / cut tape and retape for a small inspection. you would be surprised they check even small envelopes.
I work in shipping and I know my stuff...

All first run Encore 23 Fort Max boxes were opened, inspected and resealed due to a QC issue.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=348134&postcount=39
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/inpackage-images-takara-tomy-transformers-encore-23-fortress-maximus-initial-run-will-be-double-taped/26953/
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11575&mode=retail

Ive been purchasing online for years now, and while i have had customs open a shipping carton, theyve never opened a sealed item inside.

UltraMarginal
4th July 2013, 08:12 AM
TROLOL

speros
4th July 2013, 09:47 AM
I've had alot better dealings with the USA sites than the Jap ones I've waited up to 6weeks from japan and sometimes they don't transform as wel as they are supposed to also missing parts as the above problem... if only the US wasnt so expensive.

I work on cargo vessels in NSW and speak to Customs officers all the time they open sealed boxes and if there is big toys scanned with big holes in them (like fort maxes jail leg) they can be taken out of the box for illegal substances checks. you wouldn't be able to tell they have taken them out unless the small hole or tape is cut

lancalot
4th July 2013, 09:10 PM
when custom open your packages they reseal them with an custom sticker tape.... letting you know that they open it .... and not the couriers ...

Bidoofdude
4th July 2013, 10:05 PM
Japanese toys from either a US or Japanese dealer would be pretty much identical, unless they got a bad batch, which again is to chance. ;)

IMO, one of the only problems you may face is getting replacement parts, sometimes, as it can be hard to communicate, but most of the time, either the company (Takara) or dealer should happily replace it. :cool:

primetime
14th July 2013, 05:05 PM
I've now posted the following message on CollectionDX FB page:
Hi CollectionDX, just wanted to share a warning for fellow collectors re: ANIME-EXPORT. Recently I've sent nearly 20 odd e-mails to them via their e-mail, website contact form, FB messageall of which has gone unanswered - this was to enquire for a Fort Max replacement part as well as my Frenzy & Buzzsaw which they omitted from their shipping to me.

Later on (2 months later) they got back to me saying that the non-response was due to a fault in Google JP e-mail system resulting in all their e-mails being bounced off so I gave them another chance. How is it that Google JP is even responsible for a non-receipt of a web-form sent request??!!!

I've sent them some more of the same e-mails 4 days ago to get them to ship off my Frenzy & Buzzsaw anyway - no response whatsoever again - FB message, e-mail, web contact form - nothing.

I don't have confidence in a on-line company which can't even sort out their communications, and on top of that they still have not provided information on the replacement part for my Fort Max to date (excuse was TT was still sorting it out) and on top of that requesting IMMEDIATE payment for ALL purchases.

I'll be removing AE from ALL my future collectibles purchases - no matter how good their prices are - if you think you can ignore customer's e-mails and requests - do it at your own peril.

I'd ask fellow collectors - take your money elsewhere and save yourself a world of worry from these people.

UltraMarginal
15th July 2013, 10:31 AM
I'm sorry to hear that it came to that Primetime. I hope you've at least got all your money back that is owed you.

Deonasis
15th July 2013, 10:59 AM
I agree with the steps you are taking primetime, keep at it!

primetime
16th July 2013, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the support guys, I thought I might post this out so that fellow collectors are aware.

Now I have 2 Rumble and Jaguar and I'm just gonna get a spare window for the Fort Max on e-Bay!

primetime
28th July 2013, 01:37 PM
I've sent them some more of the same e-mails - 3 weeks ago now to get them to ship off my Frenzy & Buzzsaw anyway - no response whatsoever again - FB message, e-mail, web contact form - nothing.

I don't have confidence in a on-line company which can't even sort out their communications, and on top of that they still have not provided information on the replacement part for my Fort Max to date (excuse was TT was still sorting it out) and on top of that requesting IMMEDIATE payment for ALL purchases.

I'll be removing AE from ALL my future collectibles purchases - no matter how good their prices are - if you think you can ignore customer's e-mails and requests - do it at your own peril.

I'd ask fellow collectors - take your money elsewhere and save yourself a world of worry from these people.

primetime
5th September 2013, 10:37 AM
Some more latest updates from these jokers:

I've got my friend to e-mail them re: my problem and finally they replied back - excuse again was of gmail JP blacklisting their mails as spam (really is this the customer's thing to worry about) so their mails never got through.

For me I call BS on this - nevertheless I got a refund on my Metroplex pre-order and to date I still have not got replacement parts and/or my Frenzy & Buzzsaw that wasn't shipped in the first place.

About another 3-4 weeks on - they've also stopped replying AGAIN to me and my friend (BS Alert: we of course have different e-mails so the blacklist excuse doesn't apply).

I'll be sharing this with every toy and collectors websites and FB pages that I come across to ensure that others don't get burnt by them.

Lint
5th September 2013, 10:55 AM
Some more latest updates from these jokers:

I've got my friend to e-mail them re: my problem and finally they replied back - excuse again was of gmail JP blacklisting their mails as spam (really is this the customer's thing to worry about) so their mails never got through.

For me I call BS on this - nevertheless I got a refund on my Metroplex pre-order and to date I still have not got replacement parts and/or my Frenzy & Buzzsaw that wasn't shipped in the first place.

About another 3-4 weeks on - they've also stopped replying AGAIN to me and my friend (BS Alert: we of course have different e-mails so the blacklist excuse doesn't apply).

I'll be sharing this with every toy and collectors websites and FB pages that I come across to ensure that others don't get burnt by them.

Yeah I still havent heard anything about the parts for my Fort Max after multiple queries. Truth be told I've kinda given up. :(

primetime
5th September 2013, 04:23 PM
Yeah I still havent heard anything about the parts for my Fort Max after multiple queries. Truth be told I've kinda given up. :(

OMG LOL - I've also given up and just got a spare canopy on e-Bay - AE/TakaraTomy FAIL