PDA

View Full Version : BigW Mid-year toy sale begins 27th June

colin78
6th June 2013, 10:45 PM
FYI...Big W is opening at midnight on the 27th of June for the start of their toy sale, just in case anything interesting turns up in the catalogue.

griffin
6th June 2013, 11:35 PM
As soon as details of anything Transformers-related is known, people can post them in here.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
7th June 2013, 12:46 AM
I know the lego Death Star is in it

Mr_K
7th June 2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the heads up :)

Really hoping Generations Metroplex comes early here and Big W has it for this sale

KaRNiV8L PRiME
7th June 2013, 03:03 PM

Really hoping Generations Metroplex comes early here and Big W has it for this sale

The SKU isn't in the system yet so it's not likely :(

Mr_K
7th June 2013, 04:13 PM

Darn, ah well at least we are getting that one in Australia eventually

TheHoodedOne
10th June 2013, 12:19 PM
Been scouring the Big W's, no sign of Omega and nobody seems to know if it's coming in. Just getting the usual "Check in next week".

Bidoofdude
10th June 2013, 01:17 PM
Hope there's Omega. His regular price is already fantastic, hope it's on sale to boot. ;):D

KaRNiV8L PRiME
10th June 2013, 07:15 PM
Been scouring the Big W's, no sign of Omega and nobody seems to know if it's coming in. Just getting the usual "Check in next week".

I will keep you posted. At least big w has Xmas layby still. Kmart have scrapped the idea

Sinnertwin
10th June 2013, 07:31 PM
I will keep you posted. At least big w has Xmas layby still. Kmart have scrapped the idea

Is Big W's a no deposit layby?

KaRNiV8L PRiME
10th June 2013, 07:57 PM

I believe so

liegeprime
10th June 2013, 08:00 PM
When you guys say Omega - is it the Platinum one? The recolored remolded slightly Energon Omega? I bought mine from BBTS and he was $99 there, hopefully the price is less now if it's going for mass retail. Its a nice figure but the electronics were neutered. :(

Sinnertwin
10th June 2013, 08:07 PM
When you guys say Omega - is it the Platinum one? The recolored remolded slightly Energon Omega? I bought mine from BBTS and he was $99 there, hopefully the price is less now if it's going for mass retail. Its a nice figure but the electronics were neutered. :(

That's right. (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS22422&mode=retail) Target's getting Magnus, Big W's getting Omega and Kmart's getting the YoTS OP

liegeprime
10th June 2013, 08:29 PM
haha Kmart got the Fatimus... boy, that's gonna shelf warm bad :p

i_amtrunks
10th June 2013, 08:52 PM
haha Kmart got the Fatimus... boy, that's gonna shelf warm bad :p

Not too sure about that, the price is good, there are no other larger TF figures available at this time and it is also very power-ranger-ey looking, and power rangers seem to be back in a bit for the 5-10 age group.

If I was a parent and saw the BH Prime and YotS Prime, I think it'd be a closer call, especially seeing that kids will not have seen the new iteration of Prime on their tv's yet.

Tallestblue
10th June 2013, 09:32 PM
And one thing Fatimus MEGAZORDPOWERNOW Prime does well is to be a fun toy.
Shame they never did a movie Jetfire colours Wing Saber to go with these guys...

GoktimusPrime
10th June 2013, 09:41 PM

Wow... that was a rollercoaster of emotions within one second of scrolling down between those posts!! :eek:

Narp. The last time I did a lay by was at Big W, and they charged me a 10% deposit or service fee or something like that. Worked out dearer than just buying the toy outright.

^sorry if that seems bleedingly obvious to those who layby more often. I've only laybyed 2 times in my whole life - once in 1987 for the Headmaster Horrorcons (well, my mum laybyed them) and once in 2010 for Sea Spray.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
11th June 2013, 12:24 AM
Wow... that was a rollercoaster of emotions within one second of scrolling down between those posts!! :eek:

Narp. The last time I did a lay by was at Big W, and they charged me a 10% deposit or service fee or something like that. Worked out dearer than just buying the toy outright.

^sorry if that seems bleedingly obvious to those who layby more often. I've only laybyed 2 times in my whole life - once in 1987 for the Headmaster Horrorcons (well, my mum laybyed them) and once in 2010 for Sea Spray.

It is no deposit layby with a $2 fee. Must make fortnightly payments until Xmas

Ae-Evolution
11th June 2013, 12:57 AM
Anyone seen any catalogues floating around the web yet?

I will be getting another YOTS Omega*, already bought both from Amazon for $220 shipped. But I want a NIB one as well as one to play with, and at that price, who could resist.

griffin
11th June 2013, 12:58 AM
Yeah, of course it's going to cost more with an added service fee, because you're paying for the convenience of being able to reserve something you can't afford right now.
But different stores or promotions may require your first payment at the time of doing the layby, or within a couple weeks before the end of the first payment cycle.

tinyJazz
11th June 2013, 02:06 AM
Anyone seen any catalogues floating around the web yet?

I will be getting another YOTS Prime, already bought both from Amazon for $220 shipped. But I want a NIB one as well as one to play with, and at that price, who could resist.

Yeah, when do the catalogues usually get posted out? I'd like to know if the Monster High stuff is going to go on sale; I just found out that Big W's got a Create-a-Monster torso pack I need and I'm close to just running out and buying it. :9

KaRNiV8L PRiME
11th June 2013, 02:07 AM
Yeah, when do the catalogues usually get posted out? I'd like to know if the Monster High stuff is going to go on sale; I just found out that Big W's got a Create-a-Monster torso pack I need and I'm close to just running out and buying it. :9

I will have my staff copy this week for you all

Tallestblue
11th June 2013, 10:47 AM

Is this the same as the online torso pack? Because I just bought some off ebay :mad:

tinyJazz
11th June 2013, 03:00 PM
I will have my staff copy this week for you all

Awesome! As long as it doesn't get you in trouble.

Is this the same as the online torso pack? Because I just bought some off ebay :mad:

Sorry, that wasn't very accurate of me. :o It's actually a giant CAM pack that lets you build four complete dolls, but it includes the yellow torso for the bee girl, which is the one I really want. There's a pic here (http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,325.0.html).

I hope you didn't pay too much, the online torso pack just restocked at Mattel's shop.

ILikeSoundwave
13th June 2013, 04:18 PM
http://www.bigw.com.au/offer/toy-spectacular
Catalogue will be available in 2 days!

CBratron
13th June 2013, 05:16 PM
Will I still have money after Supanova?

KaRNiV8L PRiME
13th June 2013, 09:32 PM
Saw the brochure today. Not much TF at all

YOTS omega $98 not reduced
Optimus prime blaster
Beast Hunter Voyager

That is all

Sinnertwin
13th June 2013, 09:45 PM
All good. Cheers for the heads up, KP

Ae-Evolution
13th June 2013, 10:11 PM
Saw the brochure today. Not much TF at all

YOTS omega $98 not reduced
Optimus prime blaster
Beast Hunter Voyager

That is all

Any prices on Voyagers? Any good gaming stuff?

SMHFConvoy
13th June 2013, 10:14 PM
Big W, Kmart and Target's lay by fees are tame compared to David Jones and Myer's $10 lay by fee.

Bidoofdude
13th June 2013, 10:29 PM
Still, $98 is pretty spectacular. ;):p

KaRNiV8L PRiME
13th June 2013, 10:52 PM
Any prices on Voyagers? Any good gaming stuff?

IIRC
PS3 bundles <$200
Skylanders bundle
Exclusive molten hotdog
Xbox 360 <$150ish
Exclusive lego Death Star
Exclusive lego friends
Tmnt 4pk looks cool
Superman stuff
Huge assortment of marked down games

Ae-Evolution
13th June 2013, 10:56 PM
IIRC
PS3 bundles <$200
Skylanders bundle
Exclusive molten hotdog
Xbox 360 <$150ish
Exclusive lego Death Star
Exclusive lego friends
Tmnt 4pk looks cool
Superman stuff
Huge assortment of marked down games

OOOOOHHHH, Skylanders! Looks like it's time to upgrade my 360 as well :D

Sinnertwin
14th June 2013, 08:26 AM
Big W's catalogue is now online (http://catalogues.bigw.com.au/catalogue/big-w-catalogue--giant-toy-spectacular/13702363574137.html)
You can check out Omega on page 45

Tallestblue
14th June 2013, 08:58 AM
Sorry, that wasn't very accurate of me. :o It's actually a giant CAM pack that lets you build four complete dolls, but it includes the yellow torso for the bee girl, which is the one I really want. There's a pic here (http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,325.0.html).

I hope you didn't pay too much, the online torso pack just restocked at Mattel's shop.

I bought individual torsos and stands. including the yellow torso for the Bee girl .
(Bee-Bee Stings, as I call her.) that ultimate pack looks...interesting...

Had a look at the catalogue, lots of stuff in there i want! Glad i held off buying the Scooby gang set on ebay for $70 that's for sure.

Sky Shadow
14th June 2013, 10:10 AM
I love the way that this has become a Monster High thread. For a moment I thought I was on the wrong site. Looks like Catrine De Mew will also be a Big W exclusive. Oh... and... robots and stuff.

(The sale starting online from 19th of June is interesting...)

But have you tried shipping it direct from them to Australia? It's about ninety dollars. I bought the set off eBay for about $30 shipped, which still involved a bit of scalping from the seller, but I could do with those torsos.

griffin
14th June 2013, 12:26 PM
(The sale starting online from 19th of June is interesting...)

They started that last year, but I didn't think they'd do it again since it was very confusing for price-matching (their price-matching policy allowed you to price-match in-store what was on their own website... but some stores wouldn't believe it, so refused to do it). I think it took some of us complaining to head office to get the stores to start doing it.

Unless this year, they have a disclaimer that they won't price-match online prices.

reillyd
14th June 2013, 01:40 PM
Okay, I know this is segwaying away from giant robot beings, but can anyone tell me what the name of the adorable toy is that is just to the RIGHT of jumbo Sulley on the cover of the catalog is?

adds
14th June 2013, 01:45 PM
Okay, I know this is segwaying away from giant robot beings, but can anyone tell me what the name of the adorable toy is that is just to the RIGHT of jumbo Sulley on the cover of the catalog is?

FurReal Cuddles My Giggly Monkey Page 35.

reillyd
14th June 2013, 01:50 PM
FurReal Cuddles My Giggly Monkey Page 35.

Awesome. I was, uh,only asking for a friend ;)

DELTAprime
14th June 2013, 02:54 PM
LEGO Death Star! I might take advantage of the Xmas laybuy and get that.

Bidoofdude
14th June 2013, 05:19 PM
Omega will be mine! Some good TMNT deals too and the DVD thing as well. Might get me some TFP DVDs. :cool:

tinyJazz
14th June 2013, 09:04 PM
I bought individual torsos and stands. including the yellow torso for the Bee girl .
(Bee-Bee Stings, as I call her.) that ultimate pack looks...interesting...

Had a look at the catalogue, lots of stuff in there i want! Glad i held off buying the Scooby gang set on ebay for $70 that's for sure.

That's such a cute name. :o I haven't decided what I'm going to call mine. Honey/Queenie Goldbug, Posie Pollens. I think I've settled on Vicki Viscous for the Blob girl though.:D

I love the way that this has become a Monster High thread. For a moment I thought I was on the wrong site. Looks like Catrine De Mew will also be a Big W exclusive. Oh... and... robots and stuff.

I knew it. I knew this would happen. I was holding out for this all year, then I caved and bought her off ebay last week. :U
Target and Kmart already have their stock for the sales. 13 Wishes dolls, but no Twyla/Gigi yet. (Frankie's makeup is so pretty!)

But have you tried shipping it direct from them to Australia? It's about ninety dollars. I bought the set off eBay for about $30 shipped, which still involved a bit of scalping from the seller, but I could do with those torsos.

Somehow I got a quote for $40 all up. Still pretty steep for what it is. I feel like I get a whole lot more for an extra $18 with this new pack. I was worried Tallestblue might have paid something nuts like the bee girl torso I saw that went $50 on ebay about a month ago.

ILikeSoundwave
14th June 2013, 09:16 PM
Definitly want that Scooby set as a fan since I could walk, been searching for Monu Tiki Tia for ages he's so expensive on ebay.

I knew it. I knew this would happen. I was holding out for this all year, then I caved and bought her off ebay last week. :U

How much did you pay for Catrine?
Also we should start a thread for this.

I'm also looking at the $48 Despicable me 2 talking figures, seen the review they look pretty good.

Sky Shadow
14th June 2013, 09:42 PM
Somehow I got a quote for $40 all up. Still pretty steep for what it is.

Ah - I ordered two, thinking it might save on shipping for someone else. Apparently it just doubled it. :rolleyes:

Done: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=359444 :)

TheHoodedOne
19th June 2013, 03:18 PM
My local Big W's are still acting like Omega doesn't exist (despite the fact he's in the catalogue) anybody heard anything? I've heard he's been hitting stores in Melbourne?

colin78
19th June 2013, 03:23 PM
Definitly want that Scooby set as a fan since I could walk, been searching for Monu Tiki Tia for ages he's so expensive on ebay.

I'm also looking at the $48 Despicable me 2 talking figures, seen the review they look pretty good.

The interactive minions are awesome. I have all 4, (3 minions and gru) they all have different sayings and actions, Dave farts, etc, Tim sings and Stuart giggles). Well worth the cash...

Sinnertwin
19th June 2013, 03:28 PM
My local Big W's are still acting like Omega doesn't exist (despite the fact he's in the catalogue) anybody heard anything? I've heard he's been hitting stores in Melbourne?

Penrith has/had them, dont know if there are any left.
Nothing at Liverpool, Fairfield, Top Ryde, Macquarie or Chullora, yet.

millhouse
19th June 2013, 03:41 PM

I saw this in Mirrabooka, WA last night, so they should be kicking around stores shortly.

lj7369
19th June 2013, 11:07 PM
Big W toy sale starts online now!!, can buy ultimate prime for $58 and have him delivered to your door!!! YOTS Omega still $98, But can buy now, avoid disappointment.

http://www.bigw.com.au/toys/action-figures/bpnBIGW_0000000337837/hasbro-transformers-year-of-the-snake-platinum-editions-omega-supreme

Sinnertwin
19th June 2013, 11:20 PM
Big W toy sale starts online now!!, can buy ultimate prime for $58 and have him delivered to your door!!! YOTS Omega still $98, But can buy now, avoid disappointment.

http://www.bigw.com.au/toys/action-figures/bpnBIGW_0000000337837/hasbro-transformers-year-of-the-snake-platinum-editions-omega-supreme

Lol apparently so is everybody else :D just got the "sorry, we're really busy" message from Cam

DjStaRScreaM
20th June 2013, 10:24 AM
Omega bought online - Dont wanna risk fighting for one on sale day

i_amtrunks
20th June 2013, 12:18 PM
Omega bought online - Dont wanna risk fighting for one on sale day

Could have saved yourself the postage cost and walked in and bought one this week, as the sale price is no different to the everyday price.

JuzMel
21st June 2013, 10:31 AM
Could have saved yourself the postage cost and walked in and bought one this week, as the sale price is no different to the everyday price.
Yeah I added all the items in the cart as well and saw the $8 delivery fee. Wasn't happy to pay that extra amount so I changed my mind and thing I'll try my luck walking in instead.

Didn't like that they don't have the "lay-by and pick-up free in store" option like Target has. :rolleyes:

TheHoodedOne
21st June 2013, 01:47 PM
I chickened out and ordered Omega though the Big W website rather than waiting and fighting to get one. On the plus side it's only $8 shipping (would have cost me more in transport to get out to a Big W) and he arrived in a day.

Bidoofdude
21st June 2013, 10:43 PM
I chickened out and ordered Omega though the Big W website rather than waiting and fighting to get one. On the plus side it's only $8 shipping (would have cost me more in transport to get out to a Big W) and he arrived in a day.

You wouldn't need to wait. He's the same price before and during the sale.;)

Still, pretty fast. :cool:

Tallestblue
22nd June 2013, 09:38 AM
He might be the same price now, but a few stores are still setting up, and frankly some staff have been downright rude when I've asked for Omega Supreme.

Holdobot
22nd June 2013, 12:49 PM
He might be the same price now, but a few stores are still setting up, and frankly some staff have been downright rude when I've asked for Omega Supreme.

The Big W's that I have been to over the last week have not got them out unlike both Kmart and Target. I am only guess that it is because the have started their sale online and advertising as such, but saying not in store till Day X. I think they are being told to hold off until the start day so they can get some sales online.

nsm034
23rd June 2013, 08:20 AM
walked into Big W Cairns yesterday and bought Omega :), there was about 10 there so got to pick the best of the lot . Seen ultra magnus but it looks like shit so didnt get. Also got 2x DOTM from the reject shop.

kup
23rd June 2013, 02:12 PM
The reveal of the Omega Supereme being released locally has me conflicted...

Before I was 'Crap mold, not paying the premium and shipping for it' now that it's local, temptation has appeared although the mold is still not worth $98 given how crap it is despite the much nicer paint job.

Secondary problem - I get Year of the Snake Omega, I will most likely will want to get the Maketoys upgrade kit to geewunize it further BUT it is likely to cost another $100 bucks on top! So that would be $200 total...

Now, if I am willing to pay $200 total, why not just add another $130 (inc shipping) and get the infinitely nicer 3rd party FOC Omega? hmm....

Sinnertwin
23rd June 2013, 05:55 PM
I'm yet to see one in the plastic.

Arctorro
23rd June 2013, 07:26 PM

Before I was 'Crap mold, not paying the premium and shipping for it' now that it's local, temptation has appeared although the mold is still not worth $98 given how crap it is despite the much nicer paint job.

Secondary problem - I get Year of the Snake Omega, I will most likely will want to get the Maketoys upgrade kit to geewunize it further BUT it is likely to cost another $100 bucks on top! So that would be $200 total...

Now, if I am willing to pay $200 total, why not just add another $130 (inc shipping) and get the infinitely nicer 3rd party FOC Omega? hmm....

$200 and it is still a crappy 10 year old toy when you think about it. I got Genesis a while back and love it! I don't even collect WFC/FOC, he is with my Classics and looks great. $130 for a much better modern toy (I've got the original Energon Omega) isn't that bad ;)

Don't let me talk you into anything tho... :p

nexusnixx
23rd June 2013, 08:25 PM
Agree that the 3rd party Planet X genesis is great looking!!!

Shirokaze
24th June 2013, 08:21 AM

That escalated quickly :p

I do have similar feelings about Omega. I had the original Energon figure, it was rubbish and I sold it. When this YOTS version was shown, I thought "no way in hell would I pay money for Energon Omega again", but the more I look at it, the more I just want to bite the bullet and head down to BigW. :confused:

Paulbot
24th June 2013, 10:19 AM
I do have similar feelings about Omega. I had the original Energon figure, it was rubbish and I sold it. When this YOTS version was shown, I thought "no way in hell would I pay money for Energon Omega again", but the more I look at it, the more I just want to bite the bullet and head down to BigW. :confused:

Head down to Big W. I was in the same boat after looking at pics online, but when I actually went to Big W and opened the flap of the box and looked at the toy in person, I was reminded that it is just Energon Omega Supreme with a new arm and new colours and walked out with $100 in my wallet.

UltraMarginal
24th June 2013, 10:54 AM
I collected very few figures from any of the Unicron Trilogy, and as such have no exposure to energon Omega.

I will definitely be looking at it on the shelf in person before picking it up. and it's going to have to impress with the size it is, i'm not sure where I'm going to put it.
I just have to see one at one of the big W's I'm able to frequent.

jazzcomp
24th June 2013, 11:32 AM
none on the shelf of BigW Rouse Hill even if the BigW website it's in stock there.

JuzMel
25th June 2013, 01:48 PM
Are they no longer doing the 12 midnight opening?

My local store only states that they are opening at 6.00am on Thu.

i_amtrunks
25th June 2013, 07:00 PM
Any idea if the sale prices will roll over early like they did last year?

I bought items last year from about 5pm the day before, as the prices did the normal early rollover. Hoping they haven't bothered changing it. :D

KaRNiV8L PRiME
25th June 2013, 08:34 PM
Any idea if the sale prices will roll over early like they did last year?

I bought items last year from about 5pm the day before, as the prices did the normal early rollover. Hoping they haven't bothered changing it. :D

You didn't hear it from me. Cough approx 2 pm cough

i_amtrunks
25th June 2013, 11:43 PM
You didn't hear it from me.

Thank you. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Time to buy my nephew a battery powered car that I can drive by remote control. :D

i_amtrunks
26th June 2013, 05:28 PM
Got the items I was after for my nephew, no real Tf bargains to be had.

Toys everywhere, I'd hate to be in a Big W come midnight/opening times!

JuzMel
27th June 2013, 11:49 AM
Headed in to my local Big W at about 7.30am this morning (they only opened at 6am) and I reckon I was one of the first one's there.

Lots of Omega Supremes left (about 12) when I picked one up for myself. They were not at the usual TF's section - opposite the toiletries section.
Not much TFs on sale that's right. :rolleyes:

I got more LEGO sets for myself and Fisher-price/LeapFrog toys for my son, niece and friend.

Trent
27th June 2013, 12:16 PM

Save your money. I'm holding out for a G1 3rd party Omega. But Genesis has been very tempting...

VERT
27th June 2013, 02:17 PM
Having no luck with the sale. Big w at tuggerah has not gotten any omega supremes in at all. And I can't even get Skittles her new bike she wanted. Also did not get any :-/

colin78
27th June 2013, 04:05 PM
There's plenty of YOTS Omegas at Macathur Square Big W. I was working till 2 this morning, and not a single one sold while I was there. They are on the left hand side in the main isle in the menswear section if anyone is interested. Also, Beast Hunter Optimus is now $58. $1 cheaper than target's toy sale price. Plenty of them too in the toy section.

Sinnertwin
27th June 2013, 07:45 PM
Took me 3 stores to find one, but i finally saw an Omega tonight. On Layby he went!

Bidoofdude
27th June 2013, 09:22 PM
Got to find me an Omega. The Sega Megadrive/genesis think looks pretty good. :cool:

Bidoofdude
27th June 2013, 09:23 PM
Headed in to my local Big W at about 7.30am this morning (they only opened at 6am) and I reckon I was one of the first one's there.

Lots of Omega Supremes left (about 12) when I picked one up for myself. They were not at the usual TF's section - opposite the toiletries section.
Not much TFs on sale that's right. :rolleyes:

I got more LEGO sets for myself and Fisher-price/LeapFrog toys for my son, niece and friend.

Which one? I need an Omega.

JuzMel
3rd July 2013, 11:31 AM
Which one? I need an Omega.
Oops just saw this! :o It was at Southland.

christalcase
12th July 2013, 12:45 PM
local big w has heaps of prime rid deluxes (wave 1-4) for $10 and prime rid vehicles (wheeljack and knockout) for $15

drifand
20th July 2013, 06:00 PM
Newbie here.

I just gotten my Omega Supreme Year of the Snake edition.
And I truly love it.

1. The head is truly the best Omega head, yes imo better than project Planet X and at least this is official

2. Colour scheme is great

3. Claw cannon is beautiful.

I tried calling all the BigW in WA and only Gateway was getting them, knowing the stock level and risk, I order through online.

Happy customer here.

BigTransformerTrev
29th July 2013, 01:15 PM
local big w has heaps of prime rid deluxes (wave 1-4) for $10 and prime rid vehicles (wheeljack and knockout) for $15

Yeah found them when I did my bi-monthly trip to Bendigo on the weekend. Well pleased as I never wanted them enough for full price but was happy to pick up the RiD vehicles for $15 a piece and Hot Shot for $10. Don't buy many recolours/retools but for $10 happily added Hot Shot to my collection :D