PDA

View Full Version : Kmart Toy Sale Catalogue preview for Fly Buys members

Sinnertwin
12th June 2013, 08:22 AM
If anybody is a Fly Buys member, an exclusive look at Kmart's toy sale catalogue should've been sent to your inbox some time yesterday. Wether its the full catalogue, i'm not sure. I have a some details, if you have a working link/file share it here.

20/06 - 24/12. Looks like theyre focussing on a 6 month push on everyday prices rather than a traditional 2 week sale.
No TF's advertised. YOTS OP for $69 could be an in store sale item.
No licenced toys were advertised.
Predominantly house brand toys including craft, audio and outdoor.
No Christmas Lay By, only 8 weeks.

Sinnertwin
14th June 2013, 08:19 AM
The Kmart catalogues is now online. (http://www2.kmart.com.au/Mobile/Catalogue/Catalogue.aspx?CatalogueID=613)

Sutton
15th June 2013, 08:57 AM
Kmart, you are dead to me.

Worst. Toy Sale. Ever.

Omega Metro
15th June 2013, 10:33 AM
I only go to Kmart for its $6 cat litter.:p

Zommael
15th June 2013, 12:26 PM
I dunno, K-Mart round here still seem to get the new stock out faster and at a better price than the other stores. If they want to just push their house brands let them, so long as there are still TFs in stock.

SMHFConvoy
15th June 2013, 03:05 PM
I only go to Kmart for its $6 cat litter.:p

Yeah that's what we do too ;)

Bidoofdude
15th June 2013, 06:34 PM
I was thoroughly disappointed with that... :(

Sky Shadow
15th June 2013, 07:48 PM
That catalogue's only use would be to line a kitty litter tray.

reillyd
15th June 2013, 08:55 PM
My cat scat is too GooD for Kmart. Shame, Kmart, shame

CBratron
16th June 2013, 12:53 AM
Did I just miss it or was there no Nerf in the catalogue either?

Seraphim Prime
16th June 2013, 12:29 PM
Someone was saying that there will be two catalogues - this one which we've seen so far pushing the Kmart exclusive cut-price brands - and another which will highlight some of the branded toys that they have and specials that they may have, which is still to come.

Starscream77
16th June 2013, 09:05 PM
I hope there is cause the TRU and Kmart (sorry Sinner) totally suck and disappointed me
How can neither have TFs???

Sinnertwin
16th June 2013, 09:32 PM
I hope there is cause the TRU and Kmart (sorry Sinner) totally suck and disappointed me
How can neither have TFs???

All good, my man :D You can't argue fact ;)
Hopefully Kmart'll change their tune next year and bring out a half way decent catalogue, with some licensed product in the first week. Everybody else is :rolleyes:
Had a look at the TRU catalogue. They've got no excuse.

i_amtrunks
16th June 2013, 11:58 PM
I think it just shows that transformers is in a decline period after the larger than expected success of the movies. At the moment it would be hard for Hasbro AU to sell to figures to stores due to having no movie, only just recently getting the latest series on free to air tv, years late and all the failures with stores overstocking wave 1 products over the last 24-36 months.

Tmnt, Ben 10 and lego are the top brands, it may cycle back around for the fourth movie, but If it doesn't, it was a good renaissance and we can go back to slightly less inflated eBay prices for our toys.

Sinnertwin
17th June 2013, 12:29 PM
OP's got an advertised date of 27/6. Still $69. Perhaps we'll see some more toys...

janda the red
17th June 2013, 12:29 PM
Kmart, you are dead to me.

Worst. Toy Sale. Ever.

lol... :p

i'm having a crap day and this really made me giggle... cheers dude!

KaRNiV8L PRiME
17th June 2013, 12:45 PM
Someone was saying that there will be two catalogues - this one which we've seen so far pushing the Kmart exclusive cut-price brands - and another which will highlight some of the branded toys that they have and specials that they may have, which is still to come.

Yes this is the case. KMart will have a licenced brochure on 27/6 to go up against Big W's brochure but they will not have no deposit Xmas layby

Zommael
17th June 2013, 03:10 PM
I think it just shows that transformers is in a decline period after the larger than expected success of the movies. At the moment it would be hard for Hasbro AU to sell to figures to stores due to having no movie, only just recently getting the latest series on free to air tv, years late and all the failures with stores overstocking wave 1 products over the last 24-36 months.

Tmnt, Ben 10 and lego are the top brands, it may cycle back around for the fourth movie, but If it doesn't, it was a good renaissance and we can go back to slightly less inflated eBay prices for our toys.

I don't think it's so much that the line is in decline as it's K-Mart's marketing policy. I mean, there's no doubt that the line has been slowing down over here, even as compared to a market like the UK, but that said, Beast Hunters at least appears to be selling reasonably well even in Rockhampton, which isn't exactly known for its toy collecting community. I think the problem has been the lack of available product, as usual. Hasbro Australia needs to figure out that you can't expect to sell the first wave of toys in the same quantities as you do to the US and then expect to be able to sell future waves at all. We used to have this problem in the UK and eventually they got the message, but only after imported toys from the US and Japan had become affordable and even common.

While there is no doubt that the line has suffered over here recently, with both DOTM and Prime not succeeding as well as anyone would have liked, this is to do with market saturation rather than a decline in popularity of the toys. Once you start putting new and different product out there instead of hundreds of Primes and Bumblebees it starts selling, and that's something anyone can observe just by checking their local toy stores.

ILikeSoundwave
19th June 2013, 07:21 AM
Kmart have a new catalogue: http://www.kmart.com.au/catalogue-display?catalogueURL=http://www2.kmart.com.au/Catalogue/Catalogue.aspx%3fCatalogueID=616

Sinnertwin
19th June 2013, 09:40 AM
BotShots have had a slight reduction. Might pick up The Stunticons

Sky Shadow
19th June 2013, 10:23 PM
Year Of The Snake Optimus is $69. That's less than he cost ten years ago by at least $10. Deflation!

Bidoofdude
19th June 2013, 10:25 PM
Stunticons look pretty cool. :cool::)

KaRNiV8L PRiME
20th June 2013, 02:38 PM
Went to Kmart this morning to look for YOtS Optimus and stunticon botshots. There was 1 customer besides me waiting for the store to open. Not sure if the homebrand brochure has worked for them

I did however pick up Voyager Beast Hunter Magnus though

BigTransformerTrev
27th June 2013, 03:29 PM
I've got a mate checking out the Bendigo store. He just messaged me that they have the Stunticon 5 pack for $20 and grabbed me one. He was going to grab me an Optimus too but frankly $69 for that toy - nah! Got my Platinum UM and if I can get an Omega I will be sated

UltraMarginal
27th June 2013, 03:46 PM
The five packs are all the original transformation.

for me that's a bit boring, I would have much preferred a couple jump shots and the other new designs in amongst the 5. would have made the team idea a lot more interesting.