PDA

View Full Version : Target Toy Sale Wednesday 26th of June

Sinnertwin
12th June 2013, 10:43 AM
The public awareness campaign has begun for Target's toy sale, with over 300 exclusive toys and their standard price match guarantee. Details and updates on their website can be found here. (http://shop.target.com.au/toys?gclid=CN-Z5tmi3bcCFQdcpQodkCgAag)
No word yet wether they'll start at 9am or do what they did last year and shut the stores from 5pm and go on sale from 6pm. Either way they'll be starting before Big W

TARGET (June 26 - July 17)
Catalogue (http://catalogues.target.com.au/catalogue/target-catalogue--australia-s-biggest-toy-sale/13715182946783.html#pageNo=0)
Platinum Ultra Magnus - $39 (save $40) TARGET EXCL
Ultimate Optimus Prime - $59 (save $20)
Ultimate Predaking - $59 (save $20)
TFPrime Weaponizer - $20 (save $22)

XMan
15th June 2013, 07:11 AM
Looking forward to the Target sale, hopefully a few Marvel exclusives :)

Sinnertwin
15th June 2013, 08:58 AM
It's odd that they still havent got their catalogue up, considering their main competitor BIG W has. There's some $'s to be saved on TF's

XMan
15th June 2013, 06:17 PM
It's odd that they still havent got their catalogue up, considering their main competitor BIG W has.

Yeah that is odd... Perhaps just finalising a few more of their 'exclusives'

I was in my local today and they had rearranged and cleaned up the toy aisles so definitely gearing up for it. And they had some surprising new stock, Iron Man Marvel Legends, also had the Ultimate Class Beast Hunter.

Bidoofdude
15th June 2013, 06:34 PM
Yeah that is odd... Perhaps just finalising a few more of their 'exclusives'

I was in my local today and they had rearranged and cleaned up the toy aisles so definitely gearing up for it. And they had some surprising new stock, Iron Man Marvel Legends, also had the Ultimate Class Beast Hunter.

Was the legends the Mark 42? :eek: Need that guy. ;)

XMan
15th June 2013, 07:07 PM
Just the first Comic Series Wave, so Iron Patriot, Classic Iron Man and Bleeding Edge/Modular armour.

I'd imagine the next wave won't be far off :)

Bidoofdude
15th June 2013, 09:02 PM
Me too. Really want that guy, (too cheap for Hot Toys :p;)) regardless of the $30 price tag.

XMan
16th June 2013, 09:19 AM
They were marked $24.00 :)

colin78
17th June 2013, 07:51 PM
Just downloaded the target toy sale app, and while prices aren't available, the only products listed under transformers is the platinum ultra Magnus, beast hunter optimus and beast fire predaking. It's not looking too promising with the range so far...

Mr_K
17th June 2013, 08:57 PM
Darn :( I thought they were meant to have a Grimlock vs Bruticus set?

Bidoofdude
17th June 2013, 09:33 PM
Darn :( I thought they were meant to have a Grimlock vs Bruticus set?

That's supposed to be at TRU, IIRC.;)

colin78
17th June 2013, 09:36 PM
Don't take my word for the final items on sale... That's all I found on the app. They also had a fair few Lego sets for all the collectors out there. Lone Ranger sets, r2d2 set, and a few others.

Sinnertwin
17th June 2013, 09:39 PM

Which reminds me, $170. I'm waiting on numbers & confirmation of prices.

Mr_K
18th June 2013, 08:24 AM

Ah! Awesome :D

Sinnertwin
18th June 2013, 09:02 AM
Don't take my word for the final items on sale... That's all I found on the app. They also had a fair few Lego sets for all the collectors out there. Lone Ranger sets, r2d2 set, and a few others.

They'll probably have their stock-standard 20% off Lego, throw in a few exclusives, i assume the R2D2 and the Arkham set for $249 will come down to $199.

ILikeSoundwave
18th June 2013, 06:36 PM
The catalogue is up and Platnium Ultra Magnus is only $39
http://catalogues.target.com.au/home.html

Sinnertwin
18th June 2013, 08:40 PM
The Weaponizers + maybe Maul's sabers. That's all i'll be getting this year.

tron07
18th June 2013, 11:32 PM
So Target's Ultimate Prime is the cheapest at $59

griffin
19th June 2013, 01:49 AM
Added into first post...

Some great prices, especially for a store exclusive, which is odd, as it would have sold at full price based on the packaging (and stores have monopolies on their exclusive, so why sacrifice the profit margin so early in its release).
Unfortunately, I already imported mine before this discount was known. :(

I looked back to last year, and the Target sale was the same time as BigW & Kmart... and I was so sure it was a month later. Looking back the previous year (2011), Target was indeed a month later... so as of last year, they moved it to compete directly with the other two for some reason.

millhouse
19th June 2013, 12:11 PM
Target have a refund policy that lists no time-limit, as long as you have the receipt.

I just bought the Arkham Asylum lego set, and plan to buy another one on the toy sale at $50 off, and return my original purchase.

So, I'd suggest anyone buying the Magnus might be wise to try that...

Sinnertwin
19th June 2013, 12:26 PM
$5 Lay by fee for anybody considering a Christmas Layby.
Unless it's already mentioned, they go live with sale prices at 6pm. Looks like they're doig what they did last year.

XMan
19th June 2013, 02:30 PM
6pm on Tuesday night or online?

Sinnertwin
19th June 2013, 03:49 PM
sorry, that was old Target lingo coming out. Stores will commence their inhouse sales at 6pm

millhouse
19th June 2013, 05:27 PM
sorry, that was old Target lingo coming out. Stores will commence their inhouse sales at 6pm

Is that 6pm Tuesday?

MayzaPrime
19th June 2013, 07:49 PM
Added into first post...

Some great prices, especially for a store exclusive, which is odd, as it would have sold at full price based on the packaging (and stores have monopolies on their exclusive, so why sacrifice the profit margin so early in its release).
Unfortunately, I already imported mine before this discount was known. :(

I looked back to last year, and the Target sale was the same time as BigW & Kmart... and I was so sure it was a month later. Looking back the previous year (2011), Target was indeed a month later... so as of last year, they moved it to compete directly with the other two for some reason.

Platinum Ultra Magnus wasn't even on my want list... But for that price I think I will jump at it.

Quickstrike
19th June 2013, 08:15 PM
I'm trying not to buy toys at the moment, but I don't think I can resist $39 Ultra Magnus.

BigTransformerTrev
20th June 2013, 09:47 AM
Rang the Target in Swan Hill last night. Here is the discussion between me and a 19yo sales assistant:

Me: Hi, I know your toy sale starts next Tuesday night. I wanted to find out if you will be getting in a Transformer I'm after. It's called "Platinum Edition: Ultra Magnus" It's a Target Exlusive.

Them: Oh um, I can't see it on the shelves. I don't think we have it.

Me: Yes I know you don't have it yet, I wanted to know if you are getting it in for your toy sale next week.

Them: What size is it?

Me: It's fairly big in a stylized box.

Them: No, I can't see it. The only big Transformers we have I can see are Optimus Primes.

Me: No, I know you don't have it yet. I want to know if you are getting it in for your toy sale.

Them: Whats it called again?

Me: "Platnium Edition Ultra Magnus". It's a Target Exclusive.

Them: An Ultra Magnet

Me: No (gritting teeth), Ultra Magnus

Them: No, well if it excludes Target we woudln't be getting it anyway.

Me: No, it's exclusive TO Target!

Them: Oh, then yes we should be getting it in.

Me: So you are getting it in?

Them: Where did you see it?

Me: Your online Toy Catalog

Them: Well, then we should be getting it in

Me: So are you getting it in?

Them: Well I don't know. No-one here would know

Me: (with a mixture of disbelief & exasperation) You don't know what toys you are getting in for your toy sale?!

Them: No, we just take what we are given

Me: Click

So I am going to trek down there today, catalog printed out in hand and hit them up in person. Our Target is that small that there is a good chance they wont get it in so hopefully if I can get someone to understand they can order it in for me.

Megatron
20th June 2013, 10:02 AM
lol... an Ultra Magnet. :p

UltraMarginal
20th June 2013, 02:40 PM
lol... an Ultra Magnet. :p

keep it away from your wallet! it'll ruin all your cards

BigTransformerTrev
20th June 2013, 10:13 PM
Anyone know if Generations: FOC Soundwave is part of the sale? When dealing with the YOTS Magnus issue today I noticed that suddenly there are a half dozen on the shelf that wern't there yesterday or the last 6 months

Sinnertwin
20th June 2013, 10:30 PM
Anyone know if Generations: FOC Soundwave is part of the sale? When dealing with the YOTS Magnus issue today I noticed that suddenly there are a half dozen on the shelf that wern't there yesterday or the last 6 months

Unlikely, but you never know. They may throw in an in-store offer.
The FoC SW's were packaged with the prepacked Hasbro display units which also contained wave 3 of the BH Deluxes.
They may have split the stands up and sent the merchandise to the Target Country stores, rather than send each Target Country their own.

Zommael
20th June 2013, 11:21 PM
Unlikely, but you never know. They may throw in an in-store offer.
The FoC SW's were packaged with the prepacked Hasbro display units which also contained wave 3 of the BH Deluxes.
They may have split the stands up and sent the merchandise to the Target Country stores, rather than send each Target Country their own.

Target Rocky is (AFAIK) a full Target rather than a country store but they have only the FOC Soundwaves out and no new deluxes. I think what might be happening is they're just not using the cases, as there is plenty of space on the shelf but nowhere for the case in store. I hope that's the case and they're just holding back or being slow waiting for the sale to begin. Or they might have had to send some to the country store at Yeppoon I guess.

millhouse
21st June 2013, 12:59 AM
Interesting that no-one has seen a Soundblaster. I saw 16 Soundwaves at one store, but no Soundblaster, and I think Target may have only been supplied Soundwave this time around instead of the standard case assortment.

Holdobot
21st June 2013, 08:33 AM

I haven't seen sound wave, but I have definitely noticed a few returning to shelves for the sales. Up until yesterday there was all but one or two RID figures around, now there are more showing up. I even saw a commander bulkhead which I hadn't anywhere else.

JuzMel
21st June 2013, 10:28 AM
$5 Lay by fee for anybody considering a Christmas Layby.
Unless it's already mentioned, they go live with sale prices at 6pm. Looks like they're doig what they did last year.

I've checked both stores near my place and they both close at 5.30pm on Tues evening and reopen again either Wed midnight or 7am in the morning. :confused:

JuzMel
24th June 2013, 03:52 PM
I've checked both stores near my place and they both close at 5.30pm on Tues evening and reopen again either Wed midnight or 7am in the morning. :confused:
Okay just ignore what I previously said, I was either looking at the wrong dates or they have just updated the store opening times.

So its says the store is opened
Tue 25 June: 8.30am to midnight
Wed 26 Jun: 12.01am to midnight

Which means they won't be closing at all from Tue to Wed, so does that mean all prices will kick in from 6.00pm on Tues evening?
Any confirmation will be much appreciated please as this would save a heavily preggy woman trying to conquer the stores at midnight with a friend. :eek: :o

Thank you!

Sinnertwin
24th June 2013, 04:11 PM
Okay just ignore what I previously said, I was either looking at the wrong dates or they have just updated the store opening times.

So its says the store is opened
Tue 25 June: 8.30am to midnight
Wed 26 Jun: 12.01am to midnight

Which means they won't be closing at all from Tue to Wed, so does that mean all prices will kick in from 6.00pm on Tues evening?
Any confirmation will be much appreciated please as this would save a heavily preggy woman trying to conquer the stores at midnight with a friend. :eek: :o

Thank you!

That's correct. Just rang 2 stores. Apparently it came about on the weekend. From my understanding they're having a VIP night (its open to the public anyway) on Tuesday from 6pm with sale prices.
Ring your local store and ask for confirmation of the VIP night hours and sale prices

BigTransformerTrev
25th June 2013, 10:41 AM
That's correct. Just rang 2 stores. Apparently it came about on the weekend. From my understanding they're having a VIP night (its open to the public anyway) on Tuesday from 6pm with sale prices.
Ring your local store and ask for confirmation of the VIP night hours and sale prices

Yeah, I went and checked last week (while checking for YOTS UM) and the sale starts tonight at 6pm. If a tiny Target like the one in Swan Hill is doing it I'm assuming they all will.

Got a mate coming with me under the express instructions that it should 'matter not the age, gender or ethnicity of those that stand between us and the TF isle, they shall be knocked aside like human floatsam as we hurtle towards our goal' :D;)

tron07
25th June 2013, 12:16 PM
went to target yesterday, heaps of YOTS UM, Ultimate Prime and weaponisers so not too worry now. The previous Target I went only have 2 YOTS UM and 4 Ultimate Prime, no weapoinsers, few smaller ones which I was not really interested.

JuzMel
25th June 2013, 01:44 PM

Thanks, I just rang my local store to confirm this morning. Yay to shopping at 6pm instead of having to go at midnight! :D

Sinnertwin
25th June 2013, 06:20 PM
Thanks, I just rang my local store to confirm this morning. Yay to shopping at 6pm instead of having to go at midnight! :D

I just finished mine at Castle Hill. The VIP night drew a small crowd but nothing like last years sale. So i strolled around enjoying the lack of mayhem and left with a Weaponizer Prime and a bottle of Pepsi Max. I did consider Weaponizer BB, but decided against him. Nothing else appealed to me. Magnus, after careful consideration wasn't worth the $40 they were asking. Others may feel differently, but i just left him on the shelf.

Wheelie
25th June 2013, 08:04 PM
I just picked up a Magnus, love the hammer!

millhouse
25th June 2013, 08:50 PM
Incidentally, Target's prices for the Toy Sale started early, before 6pm. They covered all price check points (yeah, classy lying to the customers instead of merely turning them off) and the place was full of catalogue signage anyway, despite disclaimers saying prices start at 6pm (is that even legal? to advertise it in store, then have disclaimers saying those prices aren't correct?). Quietly went to the clothing department and pulled the sign off a scanner slightly to see the prices in the system and if they were turned on yet.

Long story short, bought an Arkham Asylum Breakout Lego set, and returned the one that I bought a fortnight ago. Saving? $50. Also picked up a TMNT Metalhead (Target exclusive) for $12. All at 5:30pm.

BigTransformerTrev
25th June 2013, 09:36 PM
Picked me up tonight at the sale a Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and, since he was half price, a weaponizer Bumblebee. $119 bucks worth of TF for$59 so well happy :)

Just a shame that the deluxe BH toys and the FOC Soundwaves were not on sale or would have walked out with a few more purchases

Wheelie
25th June 2013, 09:44 PM
Although I picked up u Magnus at the reduced price, the weaponizers were still full price :(

Ae-Evolution
25th June 2013, 11:24 PM
Fuuuuu. No Magnus' at the 2 Targets I went to. Can someone in Victoria hook me up? I settled for a Weaponizer Prime, but I still want Magnus.

Update, relief, in panic I searched the web and found out Target's site has them, so click and collect. :D Also, weaponizers are $18 if you want to save another $2, or $4 if you're getting both.

tron07
25th June 2013, 11:44 PM
I go Magnus, ultimate prime and another weaponiser prime. I should have a MISB weaponiser prime somewhere in my storage, got it from Target for $32 if not mistaken during their last toy sale. My friend told me that the price change started around 4pm-ish when he was there and scanned Magnus.

JuzMel
26th June 2013, 10:28 AM
Lots of Ultra Magnus(s) at Target Chaddy as of 7pm last night if anyone is looking for them. About 7-8 left... They also had weaponiser Prime and Bumblebee and all the other advertised TF Prime Beast Wars TF on sale.

I picked two Ultra Magnus(s) up with the LEGO Batman Arkham Asylum and LEGO Friends Camper set plus a few fisher-price toys for my son and niece. :D

ohmic12
26th June 2013, 01:14 PM
Went to Target North Lakes there were heaps of UM and weaponisers

Got a Ultimate PK but just couldnt bring myself to buy the UM or weaponisers just didnt have that wow factor for me to want to buy it

Just wish they had the soundwave on special would have definitely brought that :)

Tetsuwan Convoy
26th June 2013, 06:09 PM
Went to my local target looking for some toys. Couldn't find them, found a staff member though, catalogure in hand "I want some of these please"
"Oh, pretty sure they are all sold out"

Me :(

It was 11am:rolleyes:

Sinnertwin
26th June 2013, 10:16 PM
What have the stores been like? Busy? Dead quiet? Ive beem told by some stores that they are counting the tumbleweeds

UltraMarginal
27th June 2013, 09:55 AM
Wednesday night at macquarie at about 6.15 there were maybe around 30 people or so in the toy section, half of them with trolleys. the rest of the store was dead though.

tron07
27th June 2013, 12:51 PM
Went to my local target looking for some toys. Couldn't find them, found a staff member though, catalogure in hand "I want some of these please"
"Oh, pretty sure they are all sold out"

Me :(

It was 11am:rolleyes:

Did you walk around the whole target? The one I went, the TFs were place at 2 different location.

Tetsuwan Convoy
27th June 2013, 01:30 PM
Did you walk around the whole target? The one I went, the TFs were place at 2 different location.

I did. It wasn't TFs that I was after at the time though. I had also been scoping out the place in the week leading up to the sale. I was chasing some Marvel Legends figures and they had only had one box of the Iron Man ones up all week.

I was hoping for more. :( But thems the breaks, found what I was after at another.:D

Oh and not many people around, more staff than customers when I went (although after work). I have NEVER seen that before:p Nice to see the toy staff in costumes. There was a girl in a Thor get up and a dude in a green arrow get up too. They were pretty well done. Thorette had a hammer as well.

Shame when I went to the checkout, one staffy was serving, while the other spent 5 minutes cleaning the bench of her till :-/

Sinnertwin
27th June 2013, 01:37 PM
Just reading some of the comments across the board and talking to friends, it looks like Target's sale was well below what was expected. I wonder how Big W's looking

Freya
27th June 2013, 01:58 PM
Went on Tuesday around 8pm to CBD Target, and it's was dead, they have TF toys at the toy section on level two, heaps of YOTS UM like 10+, and last night when there again around 10pm, still dead and still heaps of YOTS UM...