PDA

View Full Version : Myer Thursday 17th July ONLY 20% Off toys

k.wong23
16th July 2008, 07:12 PM
Hey guys, got this email and saw ad on tv:

http://www.mailout.com/myer/080716_percentage/images/6011_image.gif

jaydisc
16th July 2008, 07:40 PM
hmmm. Is it on top of the existing sale? That would make Voyages $32. Still quite expensive I'm today's climate. :D

Autocon
16th July 2008, 09:37 PM
i got my evac for $19.40 at big w :p soo happy with that

Golden Phoenix
16th July 2008, 09:45 PM
Cool. I will have to check it out during my break at uni tomorrow

STL
16th July 2008, 09:45 PM
i got my evac for $19.40 at big w :p soo happy with that

How'd u do that?

STL
16th July 2008, 09:46 PM
Oh no... just realised, Skyfire for $16... :o

Pulse
16th July 2008, 09:47 PM
How'd u do that?

Flirting with the Checkout Chick ;)

STL
16th July 2008, 09:54 PM
Flirting with the Checkout Chick ;)

Y'know, I went back to K-Mart tonight to grab some snacks on sale and the same checkout chick who was there last week when I price-matched. She actually remembered me. She teased me asking was I there to price-match again? I told her I was broke :o We chatted for a bit and she noticed that I again picked up a lot of snacks (Skittles, Malteasers and Pringles) and said that for a guy who eats all that, I sure look pretty good.

I'm going back next Wednesday night. :D

dirge
16th July 2008, 09:56 PM
People will start talking about you two, STL

(and I'll be the one starting the rumours!)

iceburn
16th July 2008, 10:07 PM
Y'know, I went back to K-Mart tonight to grab some snacks on sale and the same checkout chick who was there last week when I price-matched. She actually remembered me. She teased me asking was I there to price-match again? I told her I was broke :o We chatted for a bit and she noticed that I again picked up a lot of snacks (Skittles, Malteasers and Pringles) and said that for a guy who eats all that, I sure look pretty good.

I'm going back next Wednesday night. :D

Hail to the almighty STL!!!!
king of the one and only checkout chick!

autobreadticon
16th July 2008, 10:08 PM
People will start talking about you two, STL

(and I'll be the one starting the rumours!)

ever know what may come STL way.. :eek:

if you ever want me to play the scenario of the rude customer , where i be extrememly rude to the checkout person and you come along yo tell me off to be nice to ladies,blah blah...' in her eyes make you look like a gentleman, no problems i do it.Best thing about it as well is that she already knows you collect transformers, so none of that weirdness later :eek:

STL
16th July 2008, 10:26 PM
ever know what may come STL way.. :eek:

if you ever want me to play the scenario of the rude customer , where i be extrememly rude to the checkout person and you come along yo tell me off to be nice to ladies,blah blah...' in her eyes make you look like a gentleman, no problems i do it.Best thing about it as well is that she already knows you collect transformers, so none of that weirdness later :eek:

On the topic of rude people, I was at the petrol station last night and some old guy was barking and honking off at an old woman for cleaning her car windows after she filled up. She started to rush off. I stopped filling up my car, walked over to him and told him to be courteous. He started saying I knew nothing at all and I said he was a senile and selfish man who needed to have a good look in the mirror. He started saying how Asians are all over the place and proceeded to unload a verboise verbal barrage on him. I then ignored him as we was yapping and walked over the woman and told her not to be apprehended and she thanked me. There are some@$$holes in this world.

Pulse
16th July 2008, 10:35 PM
You should have given him a "Dean Solomon" elbow to the face... ;)

k.wong23
16th July 2008, 10:42 PM
don't worry STL you get those type of people no matter where you go, was on the tram and some old coot was trying to be funny and flirt with some young blonde, saying Melbourne is becoming little india and too many chinese around.

I support Pulse's Dean Solomon idea :D

If anyone happens to come across a Classics Optimus or Jetfire in Melbourne tomorrow could they please grab me on at this 20% sale ? :D

STL
16th July 2008, 10:45 PM
don't worry STL you get those type of people no matter where you go, was on the tram and some old coot was trying to be funny and flirt with some young blonde, saying Melbourne is becoming little india and too many chinese around.

A$$hat. He'd be pretty surprised if he bumped into me and my gf.

If anyone happens to come across a Classics Optimus or Jetfire in Melbourne tomorrow could they please grab me on at this 20% sale ? :D

I want to go too but I'm working tmrw morning and finish at 3 then have training at 4. There's only 1 place in Melb i know of that still has them by the bucketloads. I'll PM u location.

STL
16th July 2008, 11:54 PM
Can someone in Melb let me know whether the 20% is on top of already sale prices or limited to things not on sale at the moment? I have a few Lego laybys I'd be interested in making if that's the case.

Robzy
17th July 2008, 07:56 PM
You should have given him a "Dean Solomon" elbow to the face... ;):D

STL - you're like Batman/Bruce Wayne... charming the ladies, and protecting the frail and innocent! :p

Tropisetron
17th July 2008, 09:33 PM
Nway... back to the topic.

Hehe... i went to Myers and check the sale out. I was quite amazed to see the classics (prime available only) scanned at its usual price 49.99 and with the sale goes down to 40 dollars.

So there you go...

Sam
17th July 2008, 09:35 PM
On the topic of rude people, I was at the petrol station last night and some old guy was barking and honking off at an old woman for cleaning her car windows after she filled up. She started to rush off. I stopped filling up my car, walked over to him and told him to be courteous. He started saying I knew nothing at all and I said he was a senile and selfish man who needed to have a good look in the mirror. He started saying how Asians are all over the place and proceeded to unload a verboise verbal barrage on him. I then ignored him as we was yapping and walked over the woman and told her not to be apprehended and she thanked me. There are some@$$holes in this world.

Kudos to you for standing up for the woman. Who says chivalry is dead?

dirge
17th July 2008, 09:49 PM
Checked out two Grace Bros stores today. One had about 458 turnaround things, one Animated two pack and ... nothing else.

The second had about 457 turnaround things, $150 Ultimately useless Bumblebees, an some Iceotrons and... nothing else.

STL
17th July 2008, 10:05 PM
Nway... back to the topic.

Hehe... i went to Myers and check the sale out. I was quite amazed to see the classics (prime available only) scanned at its usual price 49.99 and with the sale goes down to 40 dollars.

So there you go...

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

THey are $20. The lady at Myers the other day told me they still were but there's a pricing deficiency they hadn't gotten rid of. Skyfire still scans in at $20 but I couldn't get to the location in Melb with 'em. :(

But on the plus side, I snuck in straight after training just before the close and proceeded to layby what would be normally $700 + worth of lego for $400. :D :D :D muito happy!

autobreadticon
17th July 2008, 10:27 PM
you can't pick old ladies hehe....

how did it go today wit the sale?

Gutsman Heavy
17th July 2008, 10:54 PM
totally hoped to get the Cyb Monkey Prime I saw at Myer (about 12 months ago) for 20% off. Snooze you loose i guess.

sifun
18th July 2008, 08:34 AM
I got a magic 8 ball for like 6 bucks.. haha those things are fun.

iceburn
18th July 2008, 08:37 AM
drat!! i didn't even go have a lookie
any real goodies?

JuzMel
18th July 2008, 09:27 AM
Me got "cheated of my feelings", went to the Myer in Forest Hill only to realised they were so small there they didn't have a toy section.. :(

STL
18th July 2008, 10:35 AM
drat!! i didn't even go have a lookie
any real goodies?

The best goodies were stuff that already had a discount on them. For me, that was Lego tho I'm sure there were other things. The only thing I regretted not being able to find was the brown SW Lego armoured carrier set. I saw the Deathstar too and was really tempted at 40% off but it wasn't very round so I passed on it.

tron07
18th July 2008, 02:06 PM
I got animated Starscream with 40% discount... they made some mistake.... first I got 10% off, then I check with the staff after paying, and they deduct but made another error and then deduct again and gave me 40% discount. The lady notice it but then say nevermind.

Stompy
18th July 2008, 09:47 PM
But on the plus side, I snuck in straight after training just before the close and proceeded to layby what would be normally $700 + worth of lego for $400. :D :D :D muito happy!

Darn. I couldn't make my way to a Myer store yesterday. Would have loved 40% off Lego. Can't believe its on top of the already 20% off. Was it calculated at 40% off or 20% off, then total then another 20% off the first total?

Either way I'm sad. Would have loved that City Planner set.

Lint
19th July 2008, 12:45 AM
40% off all lego was pretty damn sweet. I didn't pick up on it until the Myer PA announced 20% off on top of already discounted prices while I happened to be in the store.

I picked up the skeleton tower for a mate of mine for only $40. If I hadn't blown $200 on a certain transformer about 20 minutes earlier I would have totally bought some lego kits for my own collection.

Paulbot
19th July 2008, 10:38 PM
Me got "cheated of my feelings", went to the Myer in Forest Hill only to realised they were so small there they didn't have a toy section.. :(

I did that a couple of months ago too. :o

Pulse
19th July 2008, 11:55 PM
I thought every Myer (& DJ's) had some sort of Toy Section in every store - I thought it was always near the kids clothing section... :confused:

Paulbot
20th July 2008, 10:22 AM
Forest Hill Myer is smaller than the Target in the same shopping centre. It's a tiny store.

STL
20th July 2008, 10:10 PM
I did that a couple of months ago too. :o

If it makes u guys feel better, I was in the same boat last year too. :)

JuzMel
21st July 2008, 02:02 PM
Yeah walked the whole Myer in Forest Hill and was trying to kid myself that maybe there WAS a "toy section hiding" somewhere until I decided to ask the sales girl to confirm there was NO toy section. :rolleyes:

piratescratch
21st July 2008, 07:23 PM
Where did the toy section go in the Myer City store? It's been a good couple of weeks since I was in the city but now with the new semester started (today) I ventured to level 3 of the Lonsdale building to find that the toy section wasn't there anymore. I didn't bother or have enough time (needed to jet to class) to search for the new toy section location.

k.wong23
24th July 2008, 10:40 PM
Where did the toy section go in the Myer City store? It's been a good couple of weeks since I was in the city but now with the new semester started (today) I ventured to level 3 of the Lonsdale building to find that the toy section wasn't there anymore. I didn't bother or have enough time (needed to jet to class) to search for the new toy section location.

Moved from the foodwalk to the bridge on level 3 where you cross to Melb Central:)

iceburn
24th July 2008, 10:51 PM
Moved from the foodwalk to the bridge on level 3 where you cross to Melb Central:)

yeah, continue where to are across the food court to the Myer building along Londsdale street, once there... turn right and go straight all the way. its near to the bridge leading to Melbourne Central as K.wong23 described.