PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Edition Grimlock (Vs Bruticus) images

griffin
18th June 2013, 12:53 PM
An Asian ebayer who's been selling a lot of things from the factory lately, has listed up a new Generations Grimlock (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/platinum-series-grimlock-in-hand-images-177763/) with colours different to the Hasbro and JP versions.

It is expected to be the Platinum edition Grimlock, which is supposed to be out soon, and will come with a new deco Bruticus set. (pictures of that will be added to this topic when they are found)

Also by the same seller is a new deco Classics Voyager Jetfire (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/classics-jetfire-possible-asia-exclusive-release-177761/)... which might be one of the next Platinum edition figures, as we are supposed to be getting 30 of them in the near future.
(One of the images has a Decepticon symbol and Autobot symbol on the toy, so either it is a mistake from the factory, or maybe this Platinum Edition pack has something to do with his introduction to the Gen1 cartoon - which has him swap sides from Decepticon to Autobot)

Starscream77
18th June 2013, 02:11 PM
That Grimlock looks like a decent improvement.

I like the idea of the dueling symbols on Jetfire

CBratron
18th June 2013, 06:13 PM
I still think people are better off customising the original Hasbro Grimlock.

lancalot
18th June 2013, 06:41 PM
i like the chrome gold ....but they should of done all the gold bit like that ..not only the body ... plus the abs should be red ...looks wrong silver

Bidoofdude
18th June 2013, 06:58 PM
The Grimlock looks like a custom. Doesn't look very official. Some paint spots are a bit... sloppy... :confused::(

Hope we get more paint apps if it isn't. Interested to see Bruticus.

Might email Hasbro to see if that's the real one, if you guys want. :cool:

Also, not to be a rotten egg, but what ever made this the Platinum Grimlock anyway? IMHO, it has nothing going for it that suggests that it's the Platinum Grimmy. ;)

Defcon
18th June 2013, 07:30 PM
The Grimlock toy still needs more paint, if this is the platinum version, it falls way short of my expectations. The normal version has a bland grey and brown scheme, probably done on purpose so they could release a fancier platinum version ;) The Takara version seems to have the best paint and its due later this month. Has a lacklustre transformation, but works well as an action figure but needs paint.

The Jetfire looks intriguing.

Meangreen
18th June 2013, 07:34 PM
I'm waiting to see how Bruticus looks. If it's a good look I might need to pass my G2 Bruticus off

Lord_Zed
18th June 2013, 07:47 PM
Jetfire just looks much like the Henkei one to me.

Grimlock's colours on the other hand almost makes that toy look good.

Ultra Mackness
19th June 2013, 05:39 AM
I really like the Jetfire mold, would love to see a variant with a macross symbol, although I'm a bit intrigued by the Decepticon badges on the wings, could they be the badges of other decepticons he has shot down in combat?

GoktimusPrime
19th June 2013, 09:02 AM
The Takara version seems to have the best paint and its due later this month.
I've ordered the Takara version! :) But I honestly didn't think about which one had the better colour scheme -- it just worked out to be the cheapest one I could find. :/

serialmonkey
15th July 2013, 02:28 PM
Grimlock vs Bruticus Platinum has just gone up on BBTS for pre-order - $99, shipping in July

Might have to sit in POL until Platinum Predaking can hop on the plane with it.

Bidoofdude
15th July 2013, 03:51 PM
Grimlock vs Bruticus Platinum has just gone up on BBTS for pre-order - $99, shipping in July

Might have to sit in POL until Platinum Predaking can hop on the plane with it.

How much is shipping? Sounds ok if it's less than retail here. :cool:

serialmonkey
15th July 2013, 04:11 PM
Via USPS Express Mail it's $23.99 plus $6.00 a pound - so that's $99 + $23.99 + ($6 * 3.92) = $146.51 USD.

Might work out cheaper to wait until TRU get it locally .... but I'm not convinced enough to risk my local TRU getting many anyway ;-)

Freya
15th July 2013, 04:28 PM
On BBTS site, this set shipping to Australia is USPS Air Mail $36.99USD so $99USD+36.99USD = $150AUD

Same crap, not even cheap, still can get the Bruticus around $99 and Grimlock around $50.

millhouse
16th July 2013, 05:29 PM
On BBTS site, this set shipping to Australia is USPS Air Mail $36.99USD so $99USD+36.99USD = $150AUD

Same crap, not even cheap, still can get the Bruticus around $99 and Grimlock around $50.

Depends on if you want the FOC colours for Bruticus, or the puke-worthy G2 colour scheme. Personally, I don't think it's bad value, all things considered. The FOC colours don't appeal to me, and the G2 colours looked awful to me even as a 10-or-so year old.

Find me a G1 coloured Bruticus for under $100 shipped, and then I guess I'll call the BBTS pricing average.

Trent
16th July 2013, 07:44 PM
Depends on if you want the FOC colours for Bruticus, or the puke-worthy G2 colour scheme. Personally, I don't think it's bad value, all things considered. The FOC colours don't appeal to me, and the G2 colours looked awful to me even as a 10-or-so year old.

Find me a G1 coloured Bruticus for under $100 shipped, and then I guess I'll call the BBTS pricing average.

G2 colours are fantastic. Retail version looked like it fell face first out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down ;)

And yeah, not paying those prices.

1AZRAEL1
17th July 2013, 04:31 AM
As much as it looks nice, do I really need another Bruticus? I already own 3 versions. And theprice is a bit too steep for me. Maybe if I see it cheaper, maybe half that price in stores I might bite. Not bad for people who don't own either.

Sutton
20th July 2013, 08:13 PM
I just managed to kill my retail-coloured Bruticus while attempting to paint it up into game-accurate colours, so the timing on this is pretty sweet for my needs :)

Jilm101
31st July 2013, 09:49 PM
I got one of the platinum grimlocks off eBay and was afraid it could of been a KO but it appears to be legit. The gold to me is very gold.. A little too gold for my liking I may dull it down a little but hey it was $15

Sinnertwin
26th August 2013, 09:32 PM
RK have him listed for $109.9O US. ($126.26 AUD)
http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFPEGB&lang=us&CatID=41_330

UltraMarginal
27th August 2013, 11:16 AM
http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFPEGB&lang=us&CatID=41_330

That's a pretty good price, very good infact.

If I didn't already have the SDCC bruticus and Takara Grimmy I'd certainly look into that.

Sinnertwin
27th August 2013, 08:18 PM
That's a pretty good price, very good infact.

If I didn't already have the SDCC bruticus and Takara Grimmy I'd certainly look into that.

Same here. I've got retail versions of both of them and they'll more than suffice :)

CBratron
27th August 2013, 09:49 PM
As much as I like the gold chrome, it makes the rest of his gold parts/paint look really poor.

Bidoofdude
31st August 2013, 12:31 PM
Got this guy and I absolutely love it. :)

Bruticus is a bit iffy in standing sometimes, but he looks fantastic when you get everything the way you want it.

He has very nice paint apps and his eyes stand out.

Only real problem I have is that some of the Combaticons' ball joints, particularly Onslaught's elbows and Blast Off's big shoulder things on those rotating things.

Grimlock. Well, honestly and no pun intended, but this toy IS GOLD. I absolutely love him. He scales well and the gold is similar to the kind of effect you get off of MP Grimlock, only a bit more yellowy gold. I love both modes a lot more than I thought I would and he the highlights are fantastic.

He looks MUCH, MUCH better in person than in photos/videos.

I would recommend this. $136 shipped from BBTS is pretty good and is better than buying all at retail. The paint and colours are also MUCH superior to retail.

8/10, I'd say. ;)

(Feel free to move this to the review section if you feel necessary)

(Now to get the box signed by Gregg Berger in October :D)

kup
31st August 2013, 03:47 PM

That's not bad, makes it tempting if the shipping is not killer.

Sinnertwin
31st August 2013, 05:34 PM
That's not bad, makes it tempting if the shipping is not killer.

Welcome back :)
$33 US Shipping. $167.33 AU delivered.

Starscream77
31st August 2013, 07:40 PM
Mine came a week ago, the box art is great, figures are decent.
Recommended but I wouldn't pay overs for it