PDA

View Full Version : MP Tigertrack custom

lancalot
21st June 2013, 08:40 PM
I did a full respray of him as the yellow on my one didnt match up .... I now know why it like that ...cause yellow is a pain !! never going to do yellow respray again!! Also i don't know how i managed to colour match the yellow as well :) ..... this is my first time trying water slide decals thanks to Iriorne tips (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=16104) ...the micro sol thing is great .... Printed my own decal ..there an Autobot symbol under the paw print :)

http://imageshack.us/a/img194/1678/tdi6.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img28/2738/rbpm.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img211/7291/2uxc.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img692/8421/o2ic.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/6103/pyvt.jpg

Trent
21st June 2013, 09:04 PM
Very nice. I love the Autobot symbol :cool:

Kazza
21st June 2013, 09:20 PM
Really digging that paw print with autobot symbol.:cool:

Sinnertwin
21st June 2013, 09:21 PM
Really like what you've done :) They work well together

kaiden
21st June 2013, 09:31 PM
that looks so nice! instead of piledrivers, how about giving him custom tiger claws?!?!? that would be so sexy

lancalot
21st June 2013, 10:45 PM
that looks so nice! instead of piledrivers, how about giving him custom tiger claws?!?!? that would be so sexy

Yeah that definitely hectic!! I haven't done the robot mode yet ...so ill do that for sure.... Now have to found me small claws somewhere :confused:

Iriorne
21st June 2013, 11:06 PM
Wow, quick work and looks fantastic! Looks like you've applied the decals over the seams, I assume you'll slice through them to allow transformation?

Glad you found that info useful, I'll hit you up for advice if I ever need to print my own decals. :)

Now have to found me small claws somewhere

You could try cutting your own from some strip or sheet styrene?

Hursticon
22nd June 2013, 02:41 AM
Man, that's just awesome - Subtle, minimal but effective; the Autobot Symbol really just sets it off. :eek::cool:

Cat
22nd June 2013, 03:18 AM
That works so well!!

Beautiful!

gamblor916
22nd June 2013, 06:52 AM
Nice work!

AJ_Prime
23rd June 2013, 12:10 AM
Love it! Very nice dude! I think you pulled off the yellow quite well.

CBratron
23rd June 2013, 02:42 AM
Nice.
So when are you going have your own Supanova booth?

Yeah that definitely hectic!! I haven't done the robot mode yet ...so ill do that for sure.... Now have to found me small claws somewhere :confused:

Sacrifice a cheap plastic animal or a slightly more expensive Zoid.

GoktimusPrime
23rd June 2013, 12:13 PM
That would possibly make the toy more expensive given the limited quantities (similar to how TFCC and BotCon toys are often above the RRP for their class size to offset cost of retooling). Tiger Track sold for the same RRP as MP Lambor (6000JPY, about AU$65). Giving it custom accessories could slap another $10 on what is already a pretty expensive toy. (-_-)

kaiden
23rd June 2013, 03:29 PM
That would possibly make the toy more expensive given the limited quantities (similar to how TFCC and BotCon toys are often above the RRP for their class size to offset cost of retooling). Tiger Track sold for the same RRP as MP Lambor (6000JPY, about AU$65). Giving it custom accessories could slap another $10 on what is already a pretty expensive toy. (-_-)

what? it was a suggestion... because the decal work he did looked really nice so i thought instead of piledrivers which are sideswipe's thing, he could maybe make tiger claws IF he wanted.

lancalot
23rd June 2013, 06:25 PM
It actually almost finished ....just waiting for the superglue to dry and painting it ....claws coming soon :)

lancalot
23rd June 2013, 10:33 PM
Added the picture of his robot mode with the claw to the first page.....Thanks for the idea kaiden :) ... i made him have 4 claws as Wolverine has three ...and remembering that was said in transformer the movie.... i cut the blades out of a plastic icecream lid and modified his pile driver to fit them in ....

Iriorne
24th June 2013, 12:37 AM
Cool! Love the weathering and paint details. Makes him look a bit feral. :)

Kazza
24th June 2013, 12:53 AM
Those claws are bonza man!! Reminds me of wolverine.:cool:

I would buy those as accessories from you!!

Trent
24th June 2013, 11:18 AM
That looks awesome. Love it:cool:

Sinnertwin
24th June 2013, 12:07 PM
Oh my...those claws... :eek: They look awesome! :D another great custom job!

kaiden
24th June 2013, 06:07 PM
Added the picture of his robot mode with the claw to the first page.....Thanks for the idea kaiden :) ... i made him have 4 claws as Wolverine has three ...and remembering that was said in transformer the movie.... i cut the blades out of a plastic icecream lid and modified his pile driver to fit them in ....

fantastic custom ^_^

lancalot
25th June 2013, 03:00 PM
Thanks man i glad you all like it ... That idea with the claws was genius Kaiden ... im looking at him now and it just added a whole new personality to him ...making him instantly different from sideswipe and red alert ... Also on another note is that i know not to do a clear gloss over water decal now ... it make the edge very visible as it reflect light at different angle on the edges

Iriorne
25th June 2013, 03:27 PM
Also on another note is that i know not to do a clear gloss over water decal now ... it make the edge very visible as it reflect light at different angle on the edges

Hmm, clear coats are generally recommended otherwise you risk damaging the decal through handling. Probably too late now, but next time, trim the decal film as close as you can to the art work. No need to cut completely, but just score a new hobby knife blade around the art to cut through the film layer. In the case of the hood, I'd cut out all four scratch marks and apply them separately. You might also need to apply a bunch more microsol to help soften the decal film. If they're tough enough, you can apply microsol and tamp the decals down by applying firm pressure with a cotton bud or similar. Still looks great, despite the visible edge. :)

lancalot
25th June 2013, 04:00 PM
yeah i try a matt coat next time and see how that looks.. i used heaps of mircosol on it ....and cut it heaps closer next time as well... But love the small detail that the decal can produce ... it open heap more possibility and be great for small faction symbol

gamblor916
25th June 2013, 04:07 PM
Nice work, love the claws.