PDA

View Full Version : Will these Universe Packs be released here?

kup
17th July 2008, 09:38 AM
Will the following Universe Target Exclusives be released in Australia?

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-look-at-tf-universe-versus-sets-inpackage/13537/

Thanks

JuzMel
17th July 2008, 10:17 AM
Bah, yet more repaints! $^&% Hasbro again...

Roadbuster = Cybertron Defence Hot Shot
Dirge = Cybertron Voyager Star Scream

Springer = Cybertron Evac
Ratbat = Cybertron Sideways

kup
17th July 2008, 10:19 AM
Bah, yet more repaints! $^&% Hasbro again...

Roadbuster = Cybertron Defence Hot Shot
Dirge = Cybertron Voyager Star Scream

Springer = Cybertron Evac
Ratbat = Cybertron Sideways

I share the sentiment but my advantage is that I don't own most of those molds as I don't collect from the Unicron Trilogy.

The figures that attract me are Dirge and Ratbat, I am a bit indifferent towards the rest.

Something cool though is that Ratbat has both an Ultracon and Decepticon Symbol.

i_amtrunks
17th July 2008, 10:25 AM
One would think they will get a release here, the question is more like "who" will get them. TRU exclusives anyone?

All I want to know is what comic is included.

JuzMel
17th July 2008, 10:27 AM
Yeah you are right I supposed, I'll probably get both of them in the end due to iceburn's logic of "collecting for the sake of different characters" :D But I don't have a voyager screamer, so dirge sure sounds good to me too. :)

kup
17th July 2008, 10:39 AM
One would think they will get a release here, the question is more like "who" will get them. TRU exclusives anyone?

All I want to know is what comic is included.

The Springer pack has a Marvel UK 'Wreck n Rule' comic. I don't want to spoil it so I can't go any further as its the first issue of 'Target 2006'.

The Ratbat pack has a DW War Within Volume 2 issue in which both Ratbat and Springer fight on Cybertron. I think its Issue 2.

For the Wreck 'n' Rule comic, I hope they include all of it as its one of my favorite issues. Poor Piano TF ;_; ;)

lcz128
17th July 2008, 01:33 PM
I do want more of the starscream mould- so I'll likely get it - it also opens up doors for custom fodder :D

i_amtrunks
17th July 2008, 01:39 PM
The Springer pack has a Marvel UK 'Wreck n Rule' comic. I don't want to spoil it so I can't go any further as its the first issue of 'Target 2006'.

The Ratbat pack has a DW War Within Volume 2 issue in which both Ratbat and Springer fight on Cybertron. I think its Issue 2.

For the Wreck 'n' Rule comic, I hope they include all of it as its one of my favorite issues. Poor Piano TF ;_; ;)

Thanks for the confirmation about the War Within comic, I was fairly certain an issue would be used.

No fear of ruining Target 2006 for me, it's one of my favourite UK stories, hopefully the whole thing is included so that the people who ahve never read any Marvel UK stuff get a real nice taste of it.

TheDirtyDigger
17th July 2008, 02:08 PM
I like. Cool colours and nice packaging. If they are released here I will definitely be all over them.

Pulse
17th July 2008, 06:02 PM
First Mate:
"Ahoy Captain!

What should we do with these Cybertron Repaint Scallions? Arrrr!"

Captain Pulsebeard:
"Arrrrr Me Hearty! Make 'em walk the plank! Arrrr!"

:D

jaydisc
17th July 2008, 08:15 PM
These are new molds for me too, so I am also keen, specifically for Cybertron Evac as Springer.

As far as whether or not they'll be available here, that's anyone's get but Hasbro's. Why don't you shoot them am email Kup?

Sam
17th July 2008, 09:28 PM
So are these meant to be homages to the G1 versions? Or part of something else because of the "universe" line?

And wouldn't this mean that Springer has no triple changing ability then?

Paulbot
17th July 2008, 09:38 PM
So are these meant to be homages to the G1 versions? Or part of something else because of the "universe" line?

And wouldn't this mean that Springer has no triple changing ability then?
Yes, Yes and Yes. :)

kup
17th July 2008, 09:43 PM
Yes, Yes and Yes. :)

That's right. Based on the comics they come with so..

Roadbuster is supposed to represent his G1 Marvel UK character and Dirge is supposed to represent his G1 'Cybertronian mode' ; Dirge 'sort of' appears in the comic but like the cartoon, Cybertronian robot modes looked the same as Earth modes so the toy is supposed to be what he 'should' have looked like on Cybertron.

Ratbat is supposed to represent his Cybertronian mode seen in War Within (comic included) and Springer is supposed to be War Within Springer.

dirge
17th July 2008, 09:46 PM
I just want Dirge. Cos he's Dirge (:

STL
17th July 2008, 09:56 PM
First Mate:
"Ahoy Captain!

What should we do with these Cybertron Repaint Scallions? Arrrr!"

Captain Pulsebeard:
"Arrrrr Me Hearty! Make 'em walk the plank! Arrrr!"

:D

:rolleyes:

I like the sets a lot. I like the molds a lot. I think they're better than some of those other repaints like the Scattershot and Evac=Blades one.

Oh, and I agree w/ lcz128, Cybertron mode Skywarp and Thundercracker, here I come! :D :D :D

Sam
18th July 2008, 03:11 PM
That's right. Based on the comics they come with so..

Ratbat is supposed to represent his Cybertronian mode seen in War Within (comic included) and Springer is supposed to be War Within Springer.

It's been a while since I read The War Within, could someone confirm whether Springer was a triple changer by then?

I have the feeling that Hasbro is shortchanging us again with these sub-standard toy designs.

kup
18th July 2008, 03:19 PM
It's been a while since I read The War Within, could someone confirm whether Springer was a triple changer by then?

I have the feeling that Hasbro is shortchanging us again with these sub-standard toy designs.

Ofcourse Hasbro short changed us and yes Springer is a triple changer in every G1 continuity he has been in. The toy is supposed to represent the War Within character but like most Hasbro repaints, its not exactly accurate.

Look at the other pack for example, that Cybertron Defense Hot Shot mold hardly looks like the Roadbuster portrayed in the comic it comes with yet he is supposed to represent the character.

GoktimusPrime
18th July 2008, 04:51 PM
Don't forget that Classics/Universe occurs in G1 continuity as an "alternate G2" - so apparently somehow Roadbuster's been ressurected since his demise during the Time Wars.

I just want Dirge. Cos he's Dirge (:
I'll take Roadbuster and the comic book from that pack if you wanna split it. I also want the comic from the Springer/Ratbat set - if anyone isn't interested in keeping it please LMK and we can work something out. :)

dirge
18th July 2008, 10:31 PM
Demonac has already called on Roadbuster. If he's willing to let go, sure.

FFN
19th July 2008, 11:35 AM

I have the feeling that Hasbro is shortchanging us again with these sub-standard toy designs. Weren't these four toys considered some of the best of the excellent standard of the Cybertron line? I recall high praise for CD Hot Shot, Sideways, Starscream and Evac across the major TF boards in 2005 and 2006.

Don't forget that Classics/Universe occurs in G1 continuity as an "alternate G2" - so apparently somehow Roadbuster's been ressurected since his demise during the Time Wars. Huh? These comic pack toys specifically represent their comic adventures of whatever comic is included. Of course, they don't look anythign like their G1 appearances, but they just went with the closest toys they could get.

kup
19th July 2008, 11:37 AM
Don't forget that Classics/Universe occurs in G1 continuity as an "alternate G2" - so apparently somehow Roadbuster's been ressurected since his demise during the Time Wars.

Not forgetting but then again who is to say he belongs in Classics Universe? He does come with a Marvel UK comic where the character appears in. So as far as this package is concerned, that Cybertron Defense Hot shot mold IS Marvel G1 Roadbuster.

dirge
19th July 2008, 12:01 PM
Weren't these four toys considered some of the best of the excellent standard of the Cybertron line? I recall high praise for CD Hot Shot, Sideways, Starscream and Evac across the major TF boards in 2005 and 2006.

I'm not sure about Starscream - the design is awfully simple for the pricepoint (although it's not a bad toy), but I do think the others are all strong moulds.

The mass repainting of the Evac concept into different G1 choppers is getting tedious mind you. It's not Whirl. It's not Springer. It's not a BotCon toy with the extra focus on making the tribute work.

Roadbuster is a decent idea, although I think the paint job needs more work.

Ratbat I can live with - neither the repaint or the tribute have been done before. And of course a seeker repaint as another seeker is an easy win.

griffin
19th July 2008, 06:34 PM
Just commenting on the bonus comics with these - they *should* just be a single issue, not the entire series/story. The Wreckers comic should just be the single issue, not the entire Wreckers story (which is was a big book, and priced at $30-40 on its own when Titan reprinted it). And I'd expect the same with the War Within comic, because I would think that the inclusion of the entire multi-issue compilation would make these very expensive 2-packs.

FFN
19th July 2008, 10:22 PM
I should note that with Hasbro push for Universe as a 'realism' line (alt modes and colour schemes), comic packs are likely one of the few ways they can easily make homages of characters who were in 'unrealistic' colour schemes. The design team can justify it to whomever in the bean counters approves these toys for production that hey, they're only trying to keep accurate to the fiction included with the product.

I'd love for a custom parts firm like Fans Project do an accessory set for Roadbuster. New head, new weapons and gear. The guy has a couple of peg-sized screw holes and two Mini-Con ports, perfect for mounting gear ;)

Paulbot
19th July 2008, 10:33 PM
I think all four toys are good and am happy with the recolouring and names chosen.

Don't forget that Classics/Universe occurs in G1 continuity as an "alternate G2" - so apparently somehow Roadbuster's been resurrected since his demise during the Time Wars.
Unless the UK stories never happened in that universe, just the US ones.

FFN
19th July 2008, 10:40 PM
Officially, these toys are just representative of their appearance in the specific comics included, so they don't belong to the Fan Club's Classics comics Universe (which does not incorporate the Marvel UK stories). Though obviously if the Fan Club or anybody else wants, they can be put into that continuity if they so wish.