PDA

View Full Version : SDCC Transformers exclusives official images

griffin
7th July 2013, 02:07 PM
The Transformers exclusive toys for this year's SDCC have been revealed (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/san-diego-comic-con-33/transformers-sdcc-special-editions-botcon-2013-reveals-177894/), and are quite spectacular.... Each has newly created parts just for this limited release, or, is entirely newly created for this release. Plus, original creative packaging for each item that won't be replicated again.

Shockwave's Lab (US$50) - a whole diarama created to go with the Voyager Class Shockwave and Cmdr Class Predaking toy.

Guardians (US$40) - a pack of five figurines similar in style to Actionmasters, that are entirely newly designed for this limited release.

Metroplex (US$150) - the "biggest Transformers toy ever" is not only having chromed parts and a second gun/missile-launcher, but will come with 12 "decoy" styled figurines that are exclusively created for this release. Not to mention the biggest Transformers packaging ever released... at almost twice the size of the regular Metroplex packaging (or Fort Max packaging).

Even if you could afford all of these, plus the equally big GIJoe-TFs crossover set (which also has a heap of exclusively produced components), imagine the cost of shipping them all the way over here.

(and these are just the Transformers exclusives... imagine how may other toylines have their SDCC exclusives - you'd need to take a baggage-trolley just to buy one of each for yourself, let alone extras to scalp on ebay)

fatbot
7th July 2013, 02:24 PM
i have a friend going to SDCC, yes, he is going to try & get Metroplex for me. I really, really want this version

ILikeSoundwave
7th July 2013, 02:42 PM
I try to get that lab for a decent price.

Sinnertwin
7th July 2013, 03:39 PM
I quite like the Guardians 5 pack, even if they've shortened Prime's smokestacks and Screamer's null rays ;)

DELTAprime
7th July 2013, 04:01 PM
I would have tried to get SDCC Metroplex off BBTS or someone before I saw the video reviews, but they really soured me on him.

Gouki
7th July 2013, 04:05 PM
That 'laboratory' is quite nice even though it seems more like a Cybertronian zoo exhibit.

UltraMarginal
8th July 2013, 10:15 AM
I was lucky last year to grab the sdcc bruticus and cliffjumper off the Hasbro Toy shop through a friend who's working in the states at the moment.

I'd be super keen for that metroplex and with that the others as well. but after Griffins description of the size, I can't submit a friend to storing a box that size in his limited apartment space until he can either ship it over or bring it back with himself. I think it will be skipsville for all of these for me at the moment.

Good luck to anyone who can get hold of them though.

Hursticon
8th July 2013, 12:31 PM
Argh! - Need to get a hold of that Guardians 5 Pack solely for a single figure...

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Hasbro-2013-SDCC-Transformers-Titan_zpsa6a2bc28.jpg

:eek::rolleyes::D

nexusnixx
8th July 2013, 12:56 PM
Will there be another version release that is quite close to the sdcc version metroplex? Is there like a Hong Kong comic convention. Anicom I think.

Bought sdcc version of galactus and sentinel only to find out months later they release another version. Same toy different packaging.

I think the sdcc bruticus also came out in a version close to it (without the sdcc sticker) yes?

kup
8th July 2013, 02:47 PM
GI Joe crossover and Guardians pack is what I would be after.

The Shockwave's lab would be nice but not mandatory.

These stuff IMO is more exciting than the Botcon exclusives, at least for the past few years.

Iriorne
8th July 2013, 02:56 PM
Will there be another version release that is quite close to the sdcc version metroplex?

I think I read that the Japanese release from Takara Tomy will be similar with the chromed face/detail and two guns.

reillyd
8th July 2013, 03:57 PM
Previous years items have been available sporadically via hasbrotoyshop but you need a US credit card and mail forwarder to buy them. I did, and saved myself a fortune. but i don't know what the production numbers will be though, and am sorely tempted to just buy from eBay if I can find it at only twice the price. Sometimes robot kingdom has SDcc stuff but its real hit and miss. Anyone else know of a good source to try?

nexusnixx
8th July 2013, 07:21 PM
did ask my contact and apparently as it is SDCC, hasrbo will not approach shops to take up their wares/ toys.... i guess it makes sense since people attend (pay) the convention to get exclusive items.... and not to be outdone by non-attendees...

will update if i manage to source for a contact for sdcc stuff... ebay preorder pricing is raising my eyebrows... i want to collect toys but not pay through my nose for them...

Necare
8th July 2013, 09:18 PM
I like SDCC or Takara versions but chrome scares me. I usually keep evrything in great condition but you never know if this is gonna be another beast wars transmetal issue.

reillyd
8th July 2013, 10:19 PM
did ask my contact and apparently as it is SDCC, hasrbo will not approach shops to take up their wares/ toys.... i guess it makes sense since people attend (pay) the convention to get exclusive items.... and not to be outdone by non-attendees...

will update if i manage to source for a contact for sdcc stuff... ebay preorder pricing is raising my eyebrows... i want to collect toys but not pay through my nose for them...

And possibly not get them, only a refund

griffin
8th July 2013, 11:56 PM
I think the sdcc bruticus also came out in a version close to it (without the sdcc sticker) yes?

The upcoming Grimlock Vs Bruticus set looks to have the SDCC colours... though I don't know why they need to.
And the Zombie Cliffjumper ended up being released in the second run of First Edition toys.

It cheapens the exclusive nature of those expensive (and hard to get) toys when they do that.

nexusnixx
9th July 2013, 12:02 AM
yeap that is why i am quite 50-50 when it comes to SDCC stuff at times.... annoying to pay a premium for a SDCC sticker honestly

The upcoming Grimlock Vs Bruticus set looks to have the SDCC colours... though I don't know why they need to.
And the Zombie Cliffjumper ended up being released in the second run of First Edition toys.

It cheapens the exclusive nature of those expensive (and hard to get) toys when they do that.