PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Go! EP1 Sanjo Gattai! Swordbot: Samurai!

doublespy
8th July 2013, 01:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUQSq10LTtw

No English subtitles yet.

Honestly, I don't think you really need to understand all the dialogue anyway cause the plot is pretty much non-existent.

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

+CGI is beautifully done. The 'bots are toy-accurate detail wise ala Galaxy Force but are better proportioned than the toys --the toys don't look half this good. And the 3D model parts on the 'bots are "flexible" and can extend or compress to make actions look more natural and humanoid, as opposed to the brick moves in Galaxy Force.

+I'd never paid attention before, but the Predacons with the retooled heads and color schemes look like those demon/Asura statues you see in Japanese temples. Very fitting to the samurai/ninja-killing-demons theme.

+Fire Convoy's vehicle mode made a cameo.

-Crappy transforming sound effects. It's like they're not even trying.

-The bots' lips don't move when they are talking

-Terrorcons are drones.

-The kid scanned a Fire Convoy type of fire engine for Ganoh, yet he looks nothing like Fire Convoy in vehicle mode

-Take away the scene with BH Prime it can be repurposed as part of the Brave franchise straight away.

Overall, not bad for a toy commercial.

Raptormesh
8th July 2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I loved it! Oh I only wish they would sell a non combining Jinbun with better proportions. The CG is really good too, massive props. Can't wait for the next episode.

Okay, I just spit out some coffee and now my sides are hurting. Turn on the italian translation captions and then switch automatic captions to English.

Enjoy.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
8th July 2013, 03:07 PM
I really loved this ep. Was it really only 11 min. Time just flew by. I didn't know how they were going to show the 3 combined variations. i thought maybe a diff one each episode but I loved how once they showed us the TF sequence they just quickly merged not wasting time or re hashing animation.

Animation was smooth and gorgeous.

This should be called beast hunters and it directly relates to the toys we have where as TFP:BH I don't even see them hunting beasts

So far the animation reminds me of the unicorn trilogy which I still love. Hope they dub this in engrish.

GoktimusPrime
8th July 2013, 03:50 PM
Disappointing.

The cel-shaded CG animation was mediocre at best by current day standards (and for a short episode that's cheaper to animate than a full length ep, I know it's a growing trend in Japan these days). Apparently all the Transformers are ventriloquists as they clearly don't need to move their mouths to talk... (-_-) The story was just rubbish, totally lacking any real substance. It was nothing more than a shameless 11 minute toy advert.

Basically this felt like watching G1's Scramble City, only with more consistent animation quality ('cept at least the mouths moved in SC). Fundamentally this show is the same as Scramble City; essentially just show casing the toys and their gestalt gimmick. Yes, we all know that all Transformers cartoons are essentially toy adverts, but most other cartoons at least maintain some semblance of presenting a story to the audience... this doesn't even really try. In fact, one might argue that this story tries even less than Scramble City, because at least Scramble City tried to bridge the gap between Season 2 and Transformers the Movie by showing Ultra Magnus on Earth and supervising the construction of Autobot City, as well as both sides having created Metroplex and Trypticon. Sure, it wasn't a very good bridge, but at least there was a half-bummed token effort there. This story doesn't even seem to bear any relevance to TF Prime continuity (though I suppose it doesn't contradict it either). None of the characters are remotely appealing, least of all Isamu, keeper of the Cosmic MacGuffin. He better not turn out to be a robot later on... :rolleyes: Yeah, the references to Japanese culture/history and other TF series (as doublespy mentioned, there was a red Hino Branbilar fire engine that looked like Fire Convoy, and I noticed one of the attacks contained "Jinrai" in its name) -- but not nearly neat enough to make this episode endear itself to me in any way.

Overall, I wasn't a fan of Scramble City, and I'm not really a fan of TF Go! either. If you loved Scramble City, then you might find this amusing... otherwise... meh.

liegeprime
8th July 2013, 05:20 PM
So it's that stupid kids fault. really? All these bakemono just because of a rock :p... One should be careful throwing rocks around Japan. :p

I wish theyd make Cyberverse version of the Samurai and Ninja team that can also form a Gestalt to go against the Cyberverse Gestalt of Abominus:)

lancalot
8th July 2013, 05:52 PM
i like it...was quiet good...well it aim at younger kids...very much like power rangers

Hursticon
8th July 2013, 06:21 PM
Okay, I just spit out some coffee and now my sides are hurting. Turn on the italian translation captions and then switch automatic captions to English.

Enjoy.

Hilarious! :p:D

Quickstrike
8th July 2013, 08:18 PM
The CG was Unicron Trilogy Bad. I wasn't expecting a lot considering it's a freebie with a magazine, but still.

-Take away the scene with BH Prime it can be repurposed as part of the Brave franchise straight away.

Pretty much! It's kind of not very Transformery.

SMHFConvoy
8th July 2013, 09:33 PM
For a freebie I think it was OK. Looks like there's a third disk/ team too. Which raises another question, are all six of the individual robots capable of combining? E.G. 2 samurai with one ninja component.

Sinnertwin
8th July 2013, 11:29 PM
Not bad, not great either. I was going to invest in the Samurai team until i heard Jinbu was being recalled. Perhaps i'll buy the triple pack later on.

doublespy
8th July 2013, 11:32 PM
I like how the samurai team's katakana names have corresponding kanji, which brings out the meaning behind the names.

Kenzan = 劍斬 (sword slash)

Jinbu = 迅武 (swift warrior)

Ganoh = 巌王 (rock king)

Which raises another question, are all six of the individual robots capable of combining? E.G. 2 samurai with one ninja component.

Probably not. It dosen't seem to be an interchangeable peg system.

GoktimusPrime
9th July 2013, 12:41 PM
The Kanji for Kenzan would be 剣斬. 劍 is archaic and not used in Modern Japanese.

AJ_Prime
9th July 2013, 05:14 PM
Turn on the italian translation captions and then switch automatic captions to English.

Enjoy.

OMG that was freakin' hilarious! Especially the timing of some of what is said. Like when the kid is about to get attacked at around 4:25, he says (according to the very bad beta translator) "I came".

HAHAHAHAHHAAA. And "Meet the Fockers"? WTF? Plus so much more. Absolute gold, thanks for the laugh. Oh, I enjoyed watching the animation too.

Raptormesh
9th July 2013, 05:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7bvV282.jpg