PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Marvel Legends find

Briggs23
10th July 2013, 11:38 AM
So i was in Target just the other day interested to see if they had re stocked any new Marvel Legends figures as this store seemed to sell them pretty quick. To my amazement there was a very strange figure in what was the Steve Rogers packaging, It was a Red Skull figure from the 2 pack with Cap. The strangest thing was they had replaces the name in the package and where steve rogers guns were they had cut out black pieces of card board and placed them in. Not being a long time collector of figures i have never seen this but i didnt pick it up as i have no real interest in the red skull figure.

Sorry for the kinda horrible photo the flash decided to go off

http://i40.tinypic.com/2cqjtl2.jpg

Meangreen
10th July 2013, 03:13 PM
That's... odd.

It seems clear it's some kind of repack return. But why is there a fully printed "red skull" label? Bizzare.

Golden Phoenix
10th July 2013, 03:26 PM
Could it be a variant or simply mis-pack?

Tetsuwan Convoy
10th July 2013, 06:06 PM
Could it be a variant or simply mis-pack?

Unlikely, as that red skull is from the Face off series. Which is a two pack of characters. Captain Maerica is apparently one of the best Caps made and is therefore ridiculously expensive on secondary market. It's also fairly old as well and made by toy Biz.

How very odd. Curious to see how well it was sealed now :p

Briggs23
10th July 2013, 07:18 PM
The package had been sealed pretty well but had tape holding the top of the blister i know the new ones come with tape on the back this one had that too. If it is a toy biz that makes it even stranger i would think the only thing i could think of is someone took the captain america out of the two pack because he is worth so much then i dono how it ended up in a series around 6 years later packaging.

reillyd
12th July 2013, 12:00 PM
Why? That seems to be a whole lot of effort to go to, when the figure was on sale anyway. And risky if you got caught, for very little gain.

Tallestblue
12th July 2013, 08:15 PM
That's a disturbing amount of thought put in to trolling a toystore for what,18 bucks?