PDA

View Full Version : Iacon's Demise

SofaMan
18th July 2013, 02:25 PM
It is not often that we find ourselves needing to share tidings of this nature on the board, but none of us are getting any younger, and time comes for us all, sometimes too soon.

Some of the SA members have had the privilege to meet and spend time with Steve (known here as Iacon's Demise). Some of us are also friends with him on Facebook. Steve has been valiantly battling liver disease over the last year or so, and he has regrettably taken a turn for the worse. He is in the very late stages of the disease, and has elected to spend his final days at home with his wife, family and friends.

His disease has not slowed him down much at all; over recent weeks and months he has still been travelling all over the country attending cons, cosplaying, and living large. He has been an inspiration to many, myself included; I think his unapologetic cosplaying was a big factor in me deciding to break out my inner dwarf. :)

Steve hasn't been active on the board for some time; unsurprisingly he's had other priorities. Still, if you're friends on facebook, take the time to drop him a line. If not, take a moment to spare him and his family a thought.

Steve's flame has not burned as long as we might have hoped it would, but it has at least burned very brightly.

UltraMarginal
18th July 2013, 03:30 PM
Thanks for sharing SofaMan,
it's terrible news and I will be sparing thoughts. I hope his final days are free from too much pain and that he is able to enjoy quality family time.

Robzy
19th July 2013, 11:17 AM
I feel very privileged to know Steve - both in and outside of TF collecting. He and his wife are terrific people, and this has been such incredibly devastating news. He's far too young... younger than many members on this board. It makes you appreciate the fragility of life and how you have to embrace your passions, as Steve has done.

Steve's amazing cosplaying skills are quite well known (especially in SA) and I've even had other friends of mine, who don't know him but have heard of him, commenting on how tragic this news is.

As fellow TF fans, I hope we can all spare a thought/prayer/moment this weekend for Steve, his wife, and family and friends. He's really not well but he's keeping up a brave face.

Til all are one!

loophole
19th July 2013, 01:23 PM
That is terrible news, far too young. The few times that I got to chat with he was full of life and just a great guy to be around with.

Will be sparing my thoughts for him and his family.

Haphazard
31st July 2013, 07:36 PM
Steve passed away early this morning. He will be sorely missed by everyone who had the honour to meet him and experience the light and kindness he seemed to spread where ever he went.

Rest peacefully, Steve, 'til all are one.

Jetfire in the sky
31st July 2013, 08:31 PM
'til all are one, so say we all. :(

GoktimusPrime
31st July 2013, 10:13 PM
Deepest sympathies to his friends and family. :(
Till All Are One.

Robzy
1st August 2013, 11:06 AM
Tragic news! :( A terrific guy. Hope he is at peace now.

Ozformers has lost a part of our community!

CHILENO20
1st August 2013, 01:14 PM
RIP Steve, 'til all are one. :(

jazzcomp
1st August 2013, 01:26 PM
Condolence to his family. Rest in peace, Steve.

Lint
1st August 2013, 03:40 PM
RIP Steve, till all are one.

UltraMarginal
1st August 2013, 05:58 PM
Rest In Peace Steve, I pray for your family in their grief.
Till All Are One.