PDA

View Full Version : MP Soundwave and ACID Storm Proxy Pickup

UltraMarginal
19th July 2013, 10:32 AM
so, there seems to be a lot of angst about not getting in on the TRU US listing of these bad boys.

I am offering to pick up on your behalf and post to you either a Soundwave or AcisStrom or both when they appear in TRU stores in Sydney.

Conditions
* you will cover the cost of Registered shipping including purchase of a box big enough to ship these suckas in and Postal insurance if the value is not covered in the base shipping charge.

*you must live more than 1.5 hours from your closest TRU.

* based on my own current spending money situation I will be asking for pre-payment of the retail price (100 for AcidStorm and 150 for Soundwave) for whichever item is required by the 30th of October. If you want a Soundwave and an Acid Storm I can do that too.

Approved names below:
Soundwave:
-Megatron
-

Acid Storm:
-
-

BigTransformerTrev
19th July 2013, 10:38 AM
I live in Swan Hill Victoria, a solid 5 hour drive away from the nearest TRU which is in Melb. Can forego Acid Storm but definetly after a Soundwave. I've got several people lined up to be on the lookout for me but since everyones chances are neglible, I'll take all the help I can get :):p;)

Very good of ya to start a thread like this and offer to help others out bro :D

UltraMarginal
19th July 2013, 11:40 AM
I've put you on my list BTT.
I suppose another option for a lot of people here will be to order online from TRU Australia when they become available.

BigTransformerTrev
19th July 2013, 11:48 AM
I've put you on my list BTT.
I suppose another option for a lot of people here will be to order online from TRU Australia when they become available.

Cheers mate :)

Not sure if they will be available on the Aussie TRU site, sadly probably not

nexusnixx
19th July 2013, 12:19 PM
UM
I will like to help others here to get these tfs. I am in Perth so I hope to represent WA

Hursticon
19th July 2013, 12:40 PM
I take my hat off to you UM, this is a highly commendable & admirable endeavour you're undertaking; Best of luck to you & everyone involved. ;):)

UltraMarginal
19th July 2013, 12:59 PM
Cheers mate :)

Not sure if they will be available on the Aussie TRU site, sadly probably not

I'm pretty sure there was a place holder a little while ago on the Aussie site, since taken down, but like Hursti mentioned in the MP thread, it'll probably be as frenzied as last nights efforts.

UM
I will like to help others here to get these tfs. I am in Perth so I hope to represent WA

Feel free to start a West Coast Proxy thread. you have TRU's over there don't you?:p;)

I take my hat off to you UM, this is a highly commendable & admirable endeavour you're undertaking; Best of luck to you & everyone involved. ;):)

It's only a couple extra boxes on the way out of the TRU when I buy them for myself, it's not that big a deal.

Freya
19th July 2013, 01:01 PM
Good luck, see when we will get them in November. I will get few of soundwave when I get on hands on him. one to collectors and one to display.

KalEl
19th July 2013, 04:46 PM
damn i'm too close to tru...

Awsam
25th July 2013, 12:41 AM
When are they being released? I keep checking Toys r us's in adelaide but y'anno, Adelaide sucks..

tinyJazz
25th July 2013, 01:51 AM
TRU customer service has said they're due out November.

UltraMarginal
25th July 2013, 12:13 PM
When are they being released? I keep checking Toys r us's in adelaide but y'anno, Adelaide sucks..

TRU customer service has said they're due out November.

What tinyJazz said. I thought I'd be prepared though, given that they've started turning up in US TRU's this week, I'm not going to be surprised if they turn up earlier here as well.

I'll be checking once a week I think when I can. If there is anyone else remote who'd like to jump on the list sooner would be better than later.

Megatron
25th July 2013, 12:46 PM
Hey UM, my nearest TRU store is too far away from me, so count me in for an MP Soundwave if you can, unless there's someone from Melbourne who could help me out.. but I'm happy to pay the postage from Sydney.

You are awesome for doing this. :)

UltraMarginal
25th July 2013, 02:27 PM
damn i'm too close to tru...

How close is too close?

Hey UM, my nearest TRU store is too far away from me, so count me in for an MP Soundwave if you can, unless there's someone from Melbourne who could help me out.. but I'm happy to pay the postage from Sydney.

You are awesome for doing this. :)

How far away is too far away?

Keeping in mind that I may be limited in the number I can buy from any one store at a time. it sounds like this is the case in the states.

Megatron
25th July 2013, 02:49 PM

Keeping in mind that I may be limited in the number I can buy from any one store at a time. it sounds like this is the case in the states.

Well it's not just that it would be more than 2 hours travel away for me, it's almost impossible for me to travel too far at the moment due to personal circumstances. Of course I don't expect anything and I understand the limited numbers, etc. so I only mentioned it just in case, since you offered anyway. Just consider my mention at the bottom of your maybe list, i.e. only if you can and if it's no trouble. If not, that's ok, too.

UltraMarginal
25th July 2013, 02:59 PM
No worries, you're in, I just need you to let me know if you find a local supplier in Melbourne.

UltraMarginal
25th July 2013, 03:00 PM
the last thing I need is to be stuck with spare soundwaves that I can't sell/return.

:p:D:D

I crack me up.:D

GoktimusPrime
25th July 2013, 04:09 PM
I'm willing to help out. Perhaps UltraMarginal could edit Post #1 on this thread as toys are purchased for people on this list to avoid "double ups." Say for example you buy an MP Soundwave for BigAngryTrev, but it was the only one there - so you could put a note on his name letting me know that he's sorted by Megatron still needs one. Let's say I then find another MP Soundwave, I would then grab it then post on this thread to let you all that she's sorted, then you can later edit post #1 accordingly.

This might make things a bit easier if we have more people living in remote areas requesting assistance. :) This thread's a great idea btw. :D

UltraMarginal
25th July 2013, 05:30 PM
I'm willing to help out. Perhaps UltraMarginal could edit Post #1 on this thread as toys are purchased for people on this list to avoid "double ups." Say for example you buy an MP Soundwave for BigAngryTrev, but it was the only one there - so you could put a note on his name letting me know that he's sorted by Megatron still needs one. Let's say I then find another MP Soundwave, I would then grab it then post on this thread to let you all that she's sorted, then you can later edit post #1 accordingly.

This might make things a bit easier if we have more people living in remote areas requesting assistance. :) This thread's a great idea btw. :D

Thanks Gok, appreciate the help.
I think it would be better if we allocated purchases, simply to avoid too much confusion. I'll have a look at a way to set it up in the next day or two and modify my first post accordingly.

Megatron
25th July 2013, 06:57 PM
No worries, you're in, I just need you to let me know if you find a local supplier in Melbourne.

Thanks and don't worry, if I do find a local supplier you'll be the first to know. :D

the last thing I need is to be stuck with spare soundwaves that I can't sell/return.

I don't think that will ever happen.. ;):D

Thanks.. any help would be appreciated.

KalEl
25th July 2013, 07:30 PM
How close is too close?

half an hour

UltraMarginal
25th July 2013, 07:40 PM
half an hour

By the time I've parked that's easily how far away mine is. You can get your own. :D

KalEl
25th July 2013, 09:32 PM
By the time I've parked that's easily how far away mine is. You can get your own. :D

i know :P

Jaisun
30th July 2013, 10:43 AM
While I understand this is for those that don't have a convenient TRU, being from Adelaide and part of the many that missed out on OP & TC because of scalpers baring the shelves, is there any likelihood this offer may extend to those who can reach TRU, but have been cleaned out? Hopefully this wont happen again, but I just wanted ask in case. Thanks =o)

UltraMarginal
30th July 2013, 10:51 AM
While I understand this is for those that don't have a convenient TRU, being from Adelaide and part of the many that missed out on OP & TC because of scalpers baring the shelves, is there any likelihood this offer may extend to those who can reach TRU, but have been cleaned out? Hopefully this wont happen again, but I just wanted ask in case. Thanks =o)

There's no guarantee Mine will not be cleaned out either, If there is no further interest in Acid storm I will consider moving an allocation to Soundwave.

I may also be limited in how many they will allow me to purchase at once. I'd recommend as a first option that when you become aware of them being available, you call your local TRU and get them to hold one for you if your store will do that.

If it turns out that my Local is loaded and there are others missing out, I'll happily make a second trip in but I'll have to see how I'm going at the time. Given how much of my money I'm spending on other transformers, I'll probably need people to pre-pay closer to release, it's not likely that I'll be able to cover 3 MP soundwaves in a purchase.:o

BigTransformerTrev
30th July 2013, 11:15 AM
I've got 3 different people in the states trawling stores for me now. If one of them suceeds I'll let ya know ASAP so you can take me off the list. But so far all their searching has turned up the proverbiel sweet f'all :o Sinnertwin and Goktimus have both offered to try and grab one for me as well when he hits here but they may have no luck either so if I can stay on ya list it would be much appreciated :) .

One of my best mates (who is not an Ozformer member) who is also a 5 hour drive from TRU went through the same debacle with TRUOnline that we all did and will be searching for one, though he thinks he may be able to contact an old flame who now works at a TRU somewhere. But it means that if you end up buying one and someone cancels on you I can have another buyer here in reserve for you so you don't end up out of pocket. Also a nice safety net if anything happens that you and someone else grab one for me on the same day and I don't have time to alert the other to not pick SW up.

No probs here with a pre-payment. And I will need a picture of you so I can make all my students draw posters of you in heroic poses :D;)

BigTransformerTrev
29th August 2013, 05:44 PM
And after that big long post a month ago, I have to now turn around and say "I'm all good dude - a certain Communications Officer showed up in the mail today" :D

Thanks massively for the offer of a proxy pick up though, even though no longer needed the offer was and is still appreciated ;)

ILikeSoundwave
29th August 2013, 05:48 PM
And after that big long post a month ago, I have to now turn around and say "I'm all good dude - a certain Communications Officer showed up in the mail today" :D

Thanks massively for the offer of a proxy pick up though, even though no longer needed the offer was and is still appreciated ;)

Really happy for you and really jelly, hopefully I can find one in store since he is my grail.

UltraMarginal
30th August 2013, 01:10 PM

sure thing, glad you've managed to get hold of one. I'm anxiously waiting, I'll be heading to TRU like a shot when he comes out here.

UltraMarginal
15th October 2013, 03:39 PM
Being as it's getting closer to when we are expecting Soundwave and Acid Storm to appear on shelves here in AU. I thought i'd bump this thread one more time for any latecomers. Please note conditions in the first post.

Jaisun, would you like me to pick up a soundwave on your behalf as soon as I see one or would you like to try and get hold of one yourself first?

For anyone else.
Once soundwaves and Acid Storms have turned up in stores I will be happy to pick up on your behalf if your local is sold out. Assuming I can find them at my local or one that I pass in my travels.

based on my own current spending money situation I will be asking for pre-payment of the retail price (100 for AcidStorm and 150 for Soundwave) for whichever item is required by the 30th of October. If you want a Soundwave and an Acid Storm I can do that too.

UltraMarginal
28th October 2013, 02:23 PM
Last call for anyone else who would like Proxy Pickup of a Soundwave and/or Acid Storm on your behalf.