PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Cocopops
22nd July 2013, 09:03 PM
Hi all,

35yr old from sydney. Transformers has always been a long time fav of mine (bring back the 80s!:)). I started collecting TFs ever since the MP line came out. Just wanted to say hi and look forward to contributing to the forum.

Just got my tax return a few weeks ago so that Fort Max is looking like a posibility... and Metroplex, Soundwave, chuck in Red Alert, maybe Rodimus Prime on ebay for $500 (lol kidding!), TFC combiners.... :eek:when's the next tax return???

Currently in the process of moving places so I'll post some pics

Just have a few questions (apologies if its in the wrong section):

1. What's the consensus buying TFs from Amazon? I was trying to find certain toys that I missed out on, was not able to find it anywhere else except Amazon (ie MP Rodimus Prime Version 2, Predaking Reissue Box by Takara). There was even a MP05 Megatron brand new. Are the descriptions legit or are they just KOs not the real thing? The old saying, if its too good to be true....

2. What's the difference between the Predaking Platinum Series and the Reissue Box Set? Are they just the same except for slightly different colors (ie hasbro vs takara)?

Regards and thanks in advance :)

Raptormesh
22nd July 2013, 09:51 PM
Welcome to the boards! Hope you have a nice stay. As for your questions, I'll leave it to the more experienced collectors.

Sam
22nd July 2013, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Always good to have another Sydney collector join us. :)

I do not have enough knowledge to answer your questions, but I've no doubt someone here will give you some info soon...

KalEl
22nd July 2013, 10:05 PM
Welcome to the boards !!!
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj621/KalElofKrypton87/44583114.jpg

I believe the new predaking has slightly different plastic colours ie; a goldish/butterscotch plastic rather that gold stickers. Probably other things too.

lancalot
24th July 2013, 01:49 AM
hey welcome to the forum.... masterpeice is a great line .... well if you planning to get MP5 Meg imported... you better be careful as he is illegal in NSW and would need a permit or he going to get confiscated by custom (it did happen to a few people on here).... I found that if it straight from amazon then it ok but if its a third party store that list on amazon then you got to look at their feedback but usually third party shipping prices would be too great for a bargain anyways.... Plus amazon has a return policy but i never really checkup on it for international shipping ...
cheers

Megatron
24th July 2013, 10:07 AM
Hi and welcome! :)

Sinnertwin
24th July 2013, 04:35 PM
Welcome aboard :)
In regards to your predaking question, the hasbro platinum editon predaking appears to be a straight repackaging of the predaking boxset which was reissued as part of takaratomy's transformers 2010 range.
As for cosmetic differences, from the few images ive seen, the platinum edition appears identical to the 2010 reissue which included changes like gold plastic and paint replacing the yellow, metallic fleck in the red, orange, black, gray and a new sticker sheet including ones for the eyes.
The main difference the platinum edition has over the 2010 reissue is the sword supplied for predaking. It's much more in scale than razorclaw's sword which was used with the original, 2004 & 2010 reissues

Kazza
24th July 2013, 06:47 PM
Welcome to ozformers.:)

GoktimusPrime
24th July 2013, 11:14 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/boardwelcome.jpg

1. What's the consensus buying TFs from Amazon? I was trying to find certain toys that I missed out on, was not able to find it anywhere else except Amazon (ie MP Rodimus Prime Version 2, Predaking Reissue Box by Takara).
I only buy stuff from Amazon or other online sources if the toy cannot be purchased in Australia retail stores and the combined price of the toy plus shipping does not exceed Australian retail price.

2. What's the difference between the Predaking Platinum Series and the Reissue Box Set? Are they just the same except for slightly different colors (ie hasbro vs takara)?
As far as I know, it's just a repackage of the 2010 reissue which replaces the yellows with gold colours. The original 2005 reissue feature the original G1 toy colours.

hey welcome to the forum.... masterpeice is a great line .... well if you planning to get MP5 Meg imported... you better be careful as he is illegal in NSW and would need a permit or he going to get confiscated by custom (it did happen to a few people on here)....
It's not illegal, it's prohibited. Illegal means that there's NO way you can do it. Prohibited means that you can, but you must possess a valid permit and satisfy safe storage requirements. See here (http://megatron.net.au/) for more information.

Kapryiath
25th July 2013, 10:07 PM
i believe the platnuim series re issue of predaking is going to have the gold parts replacing the yellow of the originals ( like the 2010 release) and perhaps the sword i've seen int he pictures is a little different too ?

Jilm101
28th July 2013, 03:58 PM
I've got some from both amazon and From big bad toy store, Amazon is good for cheap 1 or two items but BBTS has a cool "loot" option that save all your purchases til u want to ship and ships them all in one shipment

liegeprime
3rd August 2013, 11:28 AM
Mabuhay and Welcome to the forum!!

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/DSC03114_zpsdd5b0f21.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/user/liegeprime/media/DSC03114_zpsdd5b0f21.jpg.html)