PDA

View Full Version : To open or not to open? (help please)

groovyguy
28th July 2013, 08:13 PM
Hi all, I got Jhiaxus recently, and I just received the botcon 2013 figures and comic book, now my question is, should I open Jhiaxus or do you think they may reissue him? :confused:

Sky Shadow
28th July 2013, 08:37 PM
What? Robots in Disguise Jhiaxus? The recolour of Beast Machines Jetstorm? They have no reason to reissue him and never will.

GoktimusPrime
28th July 2013, 09:03 PM
open Open OPEN OPEN OOOPPPEEENNN!!

Ae-Evolution
28th July 2013, 09:23 PM
What? Robots in Disguise Jhiaxus? The recolour of Beast Machines Jetstorm? They have no reason to reissue him and never will.

Isn't the RID one super duper rare? Anyways, open it! Google tells me it's a brightly coloured Universe Powerglide? Is it?

Sky Shadow
28th July 2013, 09:34 PM
Isn't the RID one super duper rare? Anyways, open it! Google tells me it's a brightly coloured Universe Powerglide? Is it?

It's a brightly coloured Universe Skywarp. (Or Beast Machines Sonic Attack Jet/BM Deluxe Jetstorm/Robots in Disguise Storm Jet.) It's rare in that it was a KayBee exclusive - I saw one for $50 before shipping not too long ago, but there are a couple of insanely scalpy ones on eBay for $200+.

groovyguy
28th July 2013, 09:34 PM
Sky Shadow is right, it is the repaint of Jetstorm, the only reason I was asking is because he is (kinda) becoming relevant if you've read the botcon comic, so was just wondering if I should open or see if he's reissued.

griffin
28th July 2013, 09:53 PM
I think I get what is being said... Why would you open up an expensive rare toy (like Gen1 or a rare store exclusive) if there was word of a cheaper reissue on the way.

Jhiaxus has been a feature character in the BotCon comics in the last 12 months (and it wouldn't surprise me if he appears in the Regen comic, as Furman seems to be rewriting Gen2, while using some existing Gen2 concepts & characters). So, it could be on the short list of characters warranting a new toy... but Hasbro wouldn't reissue that toy/mould. If they did do a Jhiaxus, it would be something new to fit in with the current aesthetic/engineering of the Generations toys.
I doubt that particular Jhiaxus toy would be reissued, even by FunPub... but it is up to you if you want to open up yours (depending on if you prefer its resale value or playtime).

GoktimusPrime
28th July 2013, 10:15 PM
This toy was rare? I remember seeing it quite frequently when it came out. I grabbed mine from a Toys R Us. Never new it was rare. :o

Still... open! :D

I really hope they make a proper Generations Jhiaxus toy. The RiD toy is Jhiaxus is name alone. :rolleyes:

DELTAprime
28th July 2013, 10:38 PM
OPEN!!!

Always open.

VERT
28th July 2013, 10:53 PM
Just had a quick look on ebay. Found two of him for $216! I think I should look after my one a little better. :rolleyes:

griffin
28th July 2013, 11:12 PM
This toy was rare? I remember seeing it quite frequently when it came out. I grabbed mine from a Toys R Us. Never new it was rare. :o

It wasn't a regular release item, which makes it rarer (globally) than mainline figures... and I think it is the only Jhiaxus toy, forcing fans of the character to not have a variety of toys to buy.

And at the time, that was a pretty decent mould. Probably the best of the Beast Machines moulds, so it was reused several times (and it didn't start out as a "seeker" jet to prompt the obligatory squadron of recolours either)
I think we ended up having Jetstorm, Stormjet (very original name... but coloured like Jetfire), Sonic Attack Jet (also, poor naming), Jhiaxus (store exclusive) and Skywarp (in Universe, based on the BotCon Wreckers character).

UltraMarginal
29th July 2013, 10:26 AM
I tend to open everything eventually, but if you're worried about opening something rare and would prefer to keep it as a museum piece, then get yourself another version of the mold to have open and fiddle with.

Jetfire in the sky
29th July 2013, 02:26 PM
Keep him nice and warm in his packaging :-)

CBratron
29th July 2013, 02:35 PM
Open it. Why else would you buy it in the first place?
Just kidding. You're allowed to be an investor on this board.