PDA

View Full Version : G1 Custom Gestalt

rocman12
30th July 2013, 07:06 PM
So i've been thinking about doing a custom gestalt for a while now but not sure whether it would work. So what i wanted to do is repaint combiner bots from different fractions to make my own. The idea i had was to accurately paint vehicles. the five i've though are as follows:

Hot Spot: Repaint to red, to be honest never seen a blue fire truck in my life

Vortex: Repaint to a Black Hawk

Dragstrip: Chrome him (not sure if possible) to be a McLaren F1, if i cant chrome, will need to pick another limb as hot spot is red and the only other thing i can think of is ferrari red for a f1 car.

Air raid: Paint him a bit more accurately to an F15

Brawl: Paint him a really dark green with camouflage

So what do you guys think, will it work, are there other bots you would use? If so what you recolour them as?

Tetsuwan Convoy
30th July 2013, 07:13 PM
Hmm, tricky really. As you need to keep in mind how the colours will look in combined mode. Will the red of Hotspot clash too much with the green of Brawl for example.

I suspect chroming would be expensive too!:o

Sinnertwin
30th July 2013, 07:19 PM
Sounds good :) If you're going for real-world accuracy, (which from what i've read is your intention, unless i've misinterpreted) may i suggest the Tyrrell p34's blue as opposed to the Mclaren or Ferrari colours for Dragstrip?

http://www.project34.co.uk/

And have you thought of names? :D

Stug
30th July 2013, 07:37 PM
Military nerd coming out in me; Vortex is a Seaprite and Brawl is a Leopard 1A4 (close enough to an Australian Leopard AS1 - so you could paint him in Auscam. or European Green and mud which will be close to your dark green and camo.) :)

I'd like to see how they turn out!!