PDA

View Full Version : Maybe just too many darn toys...

griffin
20th July 2008, 11:38 PM
I ran out of shelf space late last year, and have been storing the toys since then in boxes. A few weeks ago I got more shelving, and sorted the toys (including some of the old shelves of toys for resorting). I just noticed today while looking over my Movie FABs, I had the recoloured Bumblebee, but couldn't see the first Bumblebee. I spent a good half hour looking all over for it, and ended up coming to the conclusion that I must have never even acquired it.
It was not on my written checklist or my collection page, but was removed from my 2 checklist files on the computer (yes, I have four different files to keep track of my collection).
It seems that I removed FAB Bumblebee and FAB Barricade from my 2 computer checklists some time ago, so never remembered to look for them. And with so many of each of the main Movie cast done as different sizes and types, I didn't even notice anything missing from that release period.
Now I have to find them, which might not be easy since they were released almost a year ago now, in small quantities.

Maybe I shouldn't be trying to collect so many toys to make it easier to keep track of them all in the first place.
Or maybe I should stop complaining about having too many toys, when most others have trouble affording more than a handful.

I do blame this on the multiple Movie toys though. It's no surprise that with all the Bumblebee toys, one could go missing without even noticing it.

Borgeman
20th July 2008, 11:41 PM
snap!

so what, you removed them from the checklist in the assumption you bought them?

George

STL
20th July 2008, 11:44 PM
I dunno, bossbot, I don't think those are toys u'll exactly be missing any time soon.

Pulse
20th July 2008, 11:44 PM
I think you've summed it up perfectly...

Maybe I shouldn't be trying to collect so many toys to make it easier to keep track of them all in the first place.

Personally, I wouldn't have bothered with the FAB's (but that's just me :))

Krayt
20th July 2008, 11:47 PM
I drew the line at the Go-bots transformers.... way to kiddy for me to waste my money on. So when these came out, i figured i'd stick to Basic, Deluxe, Mega etc etc.... no space for the kiddy crap.

Now, I do regret it sometimes.... like a Ramjet repaint.... but it's $20 bucks i can use to save for a botcon set or something.

Plus, it lets me justify NOT getting the blasters or the OP helmet

griffin
20th July 2008, 11:52 PM
snap!

so what, you removed them from the checklist in the assumption you bought them?

George

I don't know. Maybe it was during that big bulk purchase of Movie toys from BBTS and RK in March, and I just pruned out too much from my checklists.

I guess it comes down to quality (to remember) not quantity (to forget)...

iceburn
20th July 2008, 11:57 PM
well..i already have a hard time tracking my toys on an excel spreadsheet, along with the time to take individual pics and group pics for each acquisition. this is even more time-consuming that it looks....

with movie repaints, it has sure gotten out of hand...

Hasbro Hasbro in Australia,
we need a "PAUSE" on this line till the next Movie is out in 2009!
throw us Universe/Classics and Animated all the way :P

kup
21st July 2008, 01:44 AM
I am very selective in what I collect so this issue with the Movie figures haven't really impacted me but I can understand the frustration with fans who like to collect it all.

With like 5 toys or so for every character and at least 3 repaints for every movie mold, mistakes are bound to happen but I am sure that with little effort you can get your missing figures.

dirge
21st July 2008, 07:33 AM
I was so glad I'm not a completist when the movie toys were announced. There's _way_ toop much cr4p like this for me to really appreciate them all, far less afford them all.

Good luck in your search (because I know you, and you will track one down!).

Kyle
21st July 2008, 08:52 AM
I tried to collect every single version of the 2 main movie characters: Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. Even that was too much already and I gave up and didn't pick up the Nightwatch Prime (both sizes) or Rally Rocket BB. Now I've continued to fail in getting rid of the FAB Fire Blast Prime. :o Whenever I take it out people just laugh at me. :D

1orion2many
21st July 2008, 09:43 AM
I think you've summed it up perfectly...

Personally, I wouldn't have bothered with the FAB's (but that's just me :))

:)I agree, definitely no great loss. I can come up with all sorts of nasty names for those things with the initials they have:p:D.

iceburn
21st July 2008, 11:40 AM
Let's try hunting for the bossbot!
Wanted alive or dead, loose or MISB:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9063/wantedrewardso7.jpg

Pulse
21st July 2008, 11:48 AM
http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/7333/pictures/RlphPoke.jpg "Can I have your FAB Bumblebee?"

liegeprime
21st July 2008, 12:21 PM
hmmm, looks like someone needs a secretary.... :D but then there's no space for her and her desk :D:D:D:D

Paulbot
21st July 2008, 12:44 PM
I think you can have too many darn toys. With my huge increase in buying I've been struggling to show my TFs the love they used to get. When I opened movie Evac and Off Road Ironhide I couldn't remember the transformations of either toys. Even though I've had Blackout and Ironhide for over a year, I've barely touched them (as an example). Too many are suffering from me transforming them once or twice and then putting them away. :(

jaydisc
21st July 2008, 05:32 PM
but then there's no space for her and her desk :D:D:D:D

Put her under the desk ;)

Soundwarp
21st July 2008, 05:34 PM
I'm coming over this weekend to help with your problem then. Just let me know when your not there and i'll fix everything!!!!

Zippo
21st July 2008, 05:34 PM
You probably do have them, they are just hidden somewhere.

Though I do have a FAB Bee I could send your way if you cover the cost of the postage. Complete with cardback and bubble.

Can't stand the thing..

SilverDragon
21st July 2008, 05:56 PM
I only ever get one version of a character, not counting stuff like danglers. I also don't go for getting everyone in a line, or everything that isn't part of the main line (FABs and Bumper Battlers belong to the little kids, not me).

Thinking of which...isn't it a tiny bit weird that they made toys meant for ages 5+ based on an M rated movie?

Stompy
21st July 2008, 08:34 PM
I liked the FABs. There were some excellent ones like Brawl, Frenzy and Ironhide.Yes the proportions are realy off and warped alts but they weren't too bad.

I'm still trying to track down original Green Ratchet FAB and I don't do ebay. :(

As for too much toys. I think most of us suffer from that in here.