PDA

View Full Version : ACGHK Titan Class Metroplex

primetime
13th August 2013, 10:09 AM
Hi there I was hoping an expert Ratchet here in the forum may be able to help me:

I have just got a ACGHK Titan Class Metroplex from Toywave - everything's great apart from the fact that one of Metroplex's fingers was put together wrongly.

The finger's are held together by a pin and one of the fingers was assembled incorrectly when the pin was pushed in and as a result it does not close fully.

Any ideas on how to push out the pin slightly so I can readjust one of the fingers?

I've tried tapping with a hammer with a flat solid nail - but the pin stay stuck in place and won't move and I don't want risk further damaging the hands.

Tetsuwan Convoy
13th August 2013, 11:56 AM
Maybe heating up the plastic a little bit with a well controlled hair dryer and then giving the pin a bit of a tap?

I am not an expert on this though. I'd give it a go though :p

lancalot
13th August 2013, 12:58 PM
there actually two method or you can do both.....
1. you need a nail punch .. and punch the pin out...you have to be-careful which side to punch as one side is slightly bigger with a "teeth" edge to keep the pin in place

2. you can use soldering iron and heat up that pin with the tip then push it out... this how you take wheel pin out ...

but with both method you have to know which side has the big teeth edge to be pushed out first...

you can watch this clip ... skip to around 5min in ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz45WlXAQ7E

primetime
16th August 2013, 01:22 PM
Thanks a lot Tetsuwan and lancalot - I'd try both the hair dryer method and looks like I'd have to get a nail punch first - I just hope I don't f**k anything up!

It's annoying that one of the fingers is assembled incorrectly as it prevents it from bending in fully.

primetime
16th August 2013, 02:22 PM
Many thanks I've now fixed the finger using the pin punch set which is incredibly handy and essential for precise pin pushing work!

Finkal 7 Piece Short Series Punch Set
I/N: 5610081

I got this set at Bunnings for $39.98 - I used the smallest one first 1.5mm thru the smooth end to push out the knurled end - then I realigned the finger that was out.

Whoever was the peanut that did the fists wasn't paying attention - now I have a hole in the finger but it's not visible once fixed.

lancalot
17th August 2013, 01:28 PM
That good to hear ..... :)