PDA

View Full Version : PS3 network game sharing

sifun
21st July 2008, 03:44 PM
I bought tekken 5 dark ressurection online from the hong kong store, I didn't think it would be region specific for online gameplay..

Anyone with the aussie version want to share it with me?
Basically lend an account with the game in it, then I d/l onto my ps3 then I can play with my own account!

I bought a hori pro arcade 3 and I can't even play online because asian players too laggy to australia :(

Fungal Infection
21st July 2008, 09:34 PM
Cannot be done - my friend and I d/l the game with the same account. Unless you are really chummy with someone and they are willing to let you keep their ID on your machine, you are better off d/ling your own copy. But then if you both try and play the game and log in with the same account, it wont work. And if you d/l the game with a friend's account onto your machine and delete his account from your machine, it wont work because of DRM. The game will only work for the account it belongs to. So that means if you d/l the game with a friends account, but log in with your acount and try to play it, it wont allow it. I have the Aus version but I dont know you well enough to lend my account details for a free d/l. Sorry.

sifun
22nd July 2008, 08:42 AM
if your friend has the game, you can just use his ID temporarily, and then download the game onto your machine. Then with your own account you can play the game. You don't need to log into his account in the future after that.

my friend did it but sadly wasn't the buyer ;)

like I have two accounts, one for the aussie store and one for the asia one.. I downloaded it with the asia account, then played with my aussie login ;)
haha I just want to play with aussie playerss..
oh well if anyone would like to help me out, please do so :D
cheers

Fungal Infection
22nd July 2008, 05:54 PM
Tekken must be an exception then. I have the aussie version but originally my mate d/l the game (aus version) and then I tried (using his account). I can play it as long as I login with his account but if I try and play with my account, it restricts me (game must be played with the original registered downloader account). The same thing happens with MK2 Online and Warhawk. I have accounts with UK, US and Japan store and have found that games from different parts of the world cannot be used with local versions. Like with MK2, this was released 3 months before local version so me and my mates d/l the US version but one of our mates waited for local version but we couldnt find him on our friends list for MK. We lent him one of our accounts to test and when he d/l the US version, we could see him on our list. So I suggest if you want to play local, you wait for local releases otherwise, you're stuck playing against overseas, and likely more laggy opponents.