PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro announces price hike

STL
22nd July 2008, 11:47 AM
From seibertron.com:

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idINN2142580820080721?rpc=44

Not sure which TFs but whatever gets passed on, we'll bear the brunt of it being in Australia and all.

iceburn
22nd July 2008, 11:51 AM
wow..let's hope this doesn't affect us here as it's already overpriced!!

Gutsman Heavy
22nd July 2008, 11:52 AM
awww crap

unless our prices are changed to be in line with the new higher us price, and thus still sh*tloads cheaper. Hey, one can wish...

i_amtrunks
22nd July 2008, 12:18 PM
Looks like we are going to be returning to Movie line prices for scouts and Deluxes at the very least. :mad:

Bugger.

GoktimusPrime
22nd July 2008, 01:16 PM
(T-T)

1orion2many
22nd July 2008, 01:58 PM
:(OH POOP:(, this may slow down my collecting, back to Micromen and Micronauts:o.

kup
22nd July 2008, 01:59 PM
They were already clearly cutting on production and QC costs with the appalingly bad quality of the Animated toys and Universe (from what I have heard).

Now they want to raise the costs??? I see this as profiteering under the excuse hard times.

Hasbro and their dodgyness are actually persuading me to become a Takara only fan because they give you more bang for your buck.

JuzMel
22nd July 2008, 02:22 PM
Thank God there's still Takara who's always been the "more value for money" product anyway.

Pulse
22nd July 2008, 03:07 PM
This can't be good... :(

Gutsman Heavy
22nd July 2008, 03:28 PM
Breaking news!

New Hasbro logo!!

Robzy
22nd July 2008, 03:35 PM
Breaking news!

New Hasbro logo!!:D

Seriously, this is not good news at all! :( Thank God for Takara!

G1Optimal
22nd July 2008, 06:17 PM
Breaking news!

New Hasbro logo!!

:D:D:D

Thing is if "Hasbro" is doing it there is also very good chance "Takara" is raising there's to

autobreadticon
22nd July 2008, 06:20 PM
its an insult when a couple of news articles down, HAsbro reports record profits...

Soundwarp
22nd July 2008, 06:27 PM
I'm kinda happy, now the rest of the world can feel some of our pain!

GoktimusPrime
22nd July 2008, 07:26 PM
*agrees with JuzMel and Robzy*

http://www.microforever.com/images/Microman2004/logo_takaratomy.jpg

jaydisc
22nd July 2008, 08:00 PM
Everybody relax and read the first sentence:

will increase prices in the mid-single-digit range for its toys

That means toys that usually cost USD5, will now be 6 or 7. So, the worst you have to fear about are Scouts and Legends.

G1Optimal
22nd July 2008, 08:09 PM

That means toys that usually cost USD5, will now be 6 or 7. So, the worst you have to fear about are Scouts and Legends.

For some reason, i think the price increases will be little higher than just a dollar or two....:eek:

Lint
22nd July 2008, 08:24 PM
Agreed. Besides which I can't remember the last time I saw a toy at $5 AUD

Then again i'm not very observant :P

STL
22nd July 2008, 11:33 PM

I was more thinking Deluxes since they're 9.99 and are always the class that have the must figures turning through.

EDIT:
and we've got factor in that right now, Australian prices are basically 2.5 times American RRP so even an increase of $2 could mean $5 extra :eek:

liegeprime
23rd July 2008, 12:54 AM
Hmmm looks like we just have to wait and see which toys get the price hike.... if TFs become to pricy with their dodgy QCs ... looks like Im gonna be investing more on Lego these days...

MV75
23rd July 2008, 02:16 AM
One would think we'd be immune to price hikes since we're already paying a hiked cost.....

Yea right!. :p

I think I might go with Liege and get lego instead. Their QC is #1 world class.
________
Toyota V Transmission Specifications (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_V_transmission)

G1Optimal
23rd July 2008, 10:43 AM
Hmmm looks like we just have to wait and see which toys get the price hike.... if TFs become to pricy with their dodgy QCs ... looks like Im gonna be investing more on Lego these days...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here , but....:o

I thought lego bricks were made out of plastic to.:D:p

MV75
23rd July 2008, 05:18 PM
Yes they are, but their quality has never changed. Ever. Plus we pay a more realistic price for it compared to the rest of the world.
________
Yamaha fj600 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_FJ600)

Golden Phoenix
23rd July 2008, 11:44 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here , but....:o

I thought lego bricks were made out of plastic to.:D:p

They are absorbing a lot of the costs because they beleive in their product and are faithful to their customers. They only recently hikes some prices, not because their profit margins were under threat, but because they couldn't afford to absorb the costs any more.
You have to remember that Lego was on the verge of collapse some time around 2000 and they have had to build them selves back up, brick by brick.
As such they don't have the big budgets Hasbro has.