PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know when the 6inch Star Wars Black Series may arrive?

XMan
14th September 2013, 10:43 AM
These guys look amazing, and I can't wait to get a few, mainly Luke and R2 :)

Does anyone know if or when these my hit here?

CBratron
14th September 2013, 10:53 AM
I neither know if nor when they will be here but Bomber5 is selling them (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=16722)

Sinnertwin
14th September 2013, 11:22 AM
Spotted them at Hobbyco in the city yesterday. Don't know about mass retail yet

XMan
14th September 2013, 02:23 PM
Big coincidence! He posts, he finds :D

Made the effort to go to the only Toyworld in Canberra and found them. Picked up the last two they had $29.99 each

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa340/gantz3/photo10_zps5c4eccd5.jpg (http://s1192.photobucket.com/user/gantz3/media/photo10_zps5c4eccd5.jpg.html)

Ultra Happy!

swoop
21st September 2013, 01:46 PM
They were being unpacked at my local target but I couldn't stick around to scan the price.

VERT
21st September 2013, 04:36 PM
Picked up the Tat Stormtrooper from Target today. Did not scan so waited and asked. In the end I got him for $19.95 :D Bet I got it way cheaper than I should have. Its a beautiful figure though.

swoop
21st September 2013, 06:33 PM
I just got darth maul and r2d2 for $19 each from my target, we couldn't possibly be lucky enough for that to be the rrp

VERT
21st September 2013, 07:25 PM
Hope so. If thats true I will go back and get the other two :D

Sharky
21st September 2013, 07:59 PM
Saw these at toys r us today for.. Wait for it

$34.95

High_Q
22nd September 2013, 03:14 PM
For Melbournians interested in this SW series, TRU Chadstone has them for $34.50ea.

VERT
22nd September 2013, 04:00 PM
My target has pulled them off the shelves till they get a real price. Lucky for me I got the other two on layby for the 19.95 price.

VERT
25th September 2013, 11:34 PM
Target update, As I said before my Target pulled the figures off the shelves untill they get a real price. So they will not be $19.95. I was able to score the last one I needed today Maul for the 19.95 price. I asked a girl to go out the back and find him for me. And get it for the price I paid for the others. Man im good :p

The Figures now scan at $35 each. Bit expensive. But so are normal SW figures now. Thats why I have kind of stopped getting them. Started collecting SW in 1978 but I dont like paying more than $15 for a 3 1/2inch figure.

Sinnertwin
30th September 2013, 08:09 PM
For those interested in the 3&3/4" figures, from what i've seen on the weekend, it looks like Kmart is ranging series one & Big W is ranging series two. +/- $16.

SpeedBreaker
30th September 2013, 08:50 PM
Saw Luke, Maul and the Sandtrooper at my local Target (Marion SA) on Saturday. They were on sale for $28 instead of the normal $35.

CBratron
30th September 2013, 09:01 PM
Saw Luke, Maul and the Sandtrooper at my local Target (Marion SA) on Saturday. They were on sale for $28 instead of the normal $35.

That would be the 20% off toy sale.

KalEl
5th October 2013, 05:13 PM
Full case at target Somerville

Darthprimus
5th October 2013, 06:39 PM
i saw a 6" black series darthmaul at toyworld express last week.the price was like $39.95 i think. i know it was ridiculous whatever it was.

Meangreen
6th October 2013, 09:43 AM
They came out here in NZ recently too. Priced at a nice and hefty $40.00

Deceptic_Optic
13th October 2013, 07:45 PM
anyone else seen some sand troopers looking for 3, if in sydney it would be alot better

Defcon
14th October 2013, 07:47 PM
I spotted the 6 inch figures today at ToysrUs at approx. $34.95. Im interested in this line because of the scale and packaging, but still to expensive. I may only cherry pick instead of buying them all. R2D2 and the Sandtrooper interest me the most. The Luke looks nice, but I would be keener on a different outfit, as I really only need just one, so ill wait. What are peoples thoughts on these? is it possible this line will be lone lived ie. they plan to do heaps of figures? or will it be only brief. I suppose it depends on how successful it is..

Megatran
20th October 2013, 02:48 PM
is it possible this line will be lone lived ie. they plan to do heaps of figures? or will it be only brief.

Series 02 is on Preorder at BBTS. Includes:

Slave Leia
Boba Fett
Hans Solo
Greedo

Gouki
20th October 2013, 03:11 PM
They really don't look as good, or articulated as I thought they'd be. I guess, yeah, I was basically expecting Star Wars Figuarts with less extras/accessories and weapons. The price is pretty hefty, too.

Defcon
21st October 2013, 01:38 PM
Series 02 is on Preorder at BBTS. Includes:

Slave Leia
Boba Fett
Hans Solo
Greedo

Thanks! from this series Boba Fett would be a must. I might pick up Greedo as well. My personal preference, I'm not really keen with Slave Leia and Han Solo, because of the faces and overall they look awkward. I think characters with helmets, stormtroopers, some of the droids and Aliens interest me the most! They just fascinate me more as they are iconic, where as the human characters such as Leia and Solo are important just seem boring to me. I guess if I want to have a battle, I would need some. Oh well besides I can't really spend any money on these at the moment.

Sinnertwin
5th December 2013, 11:30 PM
Received Wave 3 of the 3+3/4 inch figures at work today with Darth Plagueis. \:D/
http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=JReviews&rop=showcontent&id=1633

ChlorHex
6th December 2013, 09:00 PM
Received Wave 3 of the 3+3/4 inch figures at work today with Darth Plagueis. \:D/
http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=JReviews&rop=showcontent&id=1633

Are they worth getting?
Their sculpts are fairly similar to previous releases aren't they?
This from the clone troopers I'd seen.
I was thinking that the black series was some masterpiece version of the regular figures (not referring to the 6" ones but the 3 3/4" ones).

Sinnertwin
6th December 2013, 10:26 PM
Are they worth getting?
Their sculpts are fairly similar to previous releases aren't they?
This from the clone troopers I'd seen.
I was thinking that the black series was some masterpiece version of the regular figures (not referring to the 6" ones but the 3 3/4" ones).

In short, for me, no. Unless you collect whole series' of SW figures or are after a particular figure you don't have or wasn't released previously like Plagueis.

They are similar, if not existing sculpts. A SW figure aficionado could probably list all of the differences, if there are any. From what I've seen, there are some subtle differences such as:
Mace Windu coming with Jango Fett's helmet & white gauntlets
Darth Vader with a new accessory to portray the scene on Bespin where he deflects Han's blaster shot etc etc

While the packaging is nice, in essence all Hasbro have done is replace the Vintage Collection with The Black Series. They've also introduced a basic range ($10) as an alternative- these only feature basic articulation.

VERT
6th December 2013, 11:33 PM
picked up Darth Plagueis. Just had to get him when I found him

ChlorHex
8th December 2013, 10:53 AM
In short, for me, no. Unless you collect whole series' of SW figures or are after a particular figure you don't have or wasn't released previously like Plagueis.

They are similar, if not existing sculpts. A SW figure aficionado could probably list all of the differences, if there are any. From what I've seen, there are some subtle differences such as:
Mace Windu coming with Jango Fett's helmet & white gauntlets
Darth Vader with a new accessory to portray the scene on Bespin where he deflects Han's blaster shot etc etc

While the packaging is nice, in essence all Hasbro have done is replace the Vintage Collection with The Black Series. They've also introduced a basic range ($10) as an alternative- these only feature basic articulation.

Thanks.
I get quite confused by the different series that offer different levels of articulation.
Not gonna touch Black unless I get them on clearance as I'm not overly crazy about SW.

swoop
9th December 2013, 06:30 PM
I saw wave 2 of the six inch line at both big w and target yesterday for those interested in picking them up

Megatran
9th December 2013, 07:18 PM
I saw wave 2 of the six inch line at both big w and target yesterday for those interested in picking them up

Where??? I was looking for Boba Fett character on Saturday without luck. Visited Big W Highpoint, Sunshine & Watergardens. Also Target Highpoint.

swoop
9th December 2013, 07:26 PM
I saw boba fett at both epping target and epping big w

Sinnertwin
10th December 2013, 12:01 PM
Leia, Greedo & Han at Big W Wetherill Park.
They're nice, but not nice enough to drop $35 for.