PDA

View Full Version : TF Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising

Jetfire in the sky
15th September 2013, 09:31 AM
Saw this movie last night only runs just over an hour but is a really good book-end to the entire series and certainly leaves it there. A few surprises but follows a good formula, I won't let any spoilers out but I will say there are no humans in it which I know will please al lot of fans.

Well worth the watch :)

The_Damned
15th September 2013, 12:22 PM
runs to a certain place..... yup its out sweet will let you know my thoughts

lancalot
15th September 2013, 12:44 PM
this was on face book of shockwave (https://www.facebook.com/LogicalFTW?hc_location=timeline)

"
Please Note: This Version of the TV Movie we have watched is the Official Short version - The Official Extended Ultra HD Version Which goes for 2 Hours (Excluding Ads) Will Air On The Hub On October 4th as Previously Mentioned - so If i were you, In case you think You've seen the whole TV Movie - You'd Be Wrong - Because I do know the 2 Hour Version does Indeed contain Both The Kids and Soundwave and Airachnid and the Proper Intro to The Predacons - So My Suggestion Is, Hold on Until The Hub Releases The Limited Edition Version Extended HD Edition - Which will go for two hours and 30 minutes (Including Ads)"

just something to keep in mind i think

ILikeSoundwave
15th September 2013, 02:22 PM
this was on face book of shockwave (https://www.facebook.com/LogicalFTW?hc_location=timeline)

"
Please Note: This Version of the TV Movie we have watched is the Official Short version - The Official Extended Ultra HD Version Which goes for 2 Hours (Excluding Ads) Will Air On The Hub On October 4th as Previously Mentioned - so If i were you, In case you think You've seen the whole TV Movie - You'd Be Wrong - Because I do know the 2 Hour Version does Indeed contain Both The Kids and Soundwave and Airachnid and the Proper Intro to The Predacons - So My Suggestion Is, Hold on Until The Hub Releases The Limited Edition Version Extended HD Edition - Which will go for two hours and 30 minutes (Including Ads)"

just something to keep in mind i think
I don't think it's true, on the DVD cover it says run time is 66mins.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/menu-video-and-inhand-pictures-of-transformers-prime-beast-hunters-predacons-rising-bluray/28358/

Jetfire in the sky
15th September 2013, 04:03 PM
I don't think it's true, on the DVD cover it says run time is 66mins.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/menu-video-and-inhand-pictures-of-transformers-prime-beast-hunters-predacons-rising-bluray/28358/

Yep, that's how long it went for :)

GoktimusPrime
15th September 2013, 04:39 PM
How are you guys watching this? Cos I preordered this on Amazon and they're telling me that it's not due out until November. :(

ILikeSoundwave
15th September 2013, 04:49 PM
How are you guys watching this? Cos I preordered this on Amazon and they're telling me that it's not due out until November. :(
It's on Youtube:)

lancalot
15th September 2013, 04:49 PM
Also i thought "The Hub Network announced today that they will air the exclusive world premiere of the Hasbro Studios film, Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising, on Friday, October 4 (http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/179005-the-hub-to-air-transformers-prime-beast-hunters-predacons-rising-on-october-4)"
it was to be exclusive on 4oct cause the bluray release was push back because of this .. then how this was shown already?

MayzaPrime
15th September 2013, 04:56 PM
It's on Youtube:)

Can you provide a link for us lazy ppl... :D

griffin
15th September 2013, 04:58 PM
Maybe this is just a Target Exclusive edit?

It would be good if there was a longer version that dealt with a lot of the loose ends, but I'd imagine that since the plot was pretty tight in the 66 minute version, anything else is just padding that doesn't participate in the plot itself (Soundwave, the kids, Airachnid, and Shockwave still being out there).

I'll see if any of the global fansites can shed some light on this, as it is odd that it is out before October 4th (which was the actual airing date).

griffin
15th September 2013, 04:59 PM
Can you provide a link for us lazy ppl... :D

Section 18 of the Board rules state that Members here have to search themselves. There's only 3 or 4 key words in the title, so searching is quite quick.

MayzaPrime
15th September 2013, 05:02 PM
Board rules state that Members here have to search themselves. There's only 3 or 4 key words in the title, so searching is quite quick.

I did try that but I couldn't find it... :D

griffin
15th September 2013, 05:15 PM
Then people need to PM someone who has access to it, as the board rules recommend.

griffin
15th September 2013, 05:44 PM
It sounds like the October 4th "version" on the HUB channel may just be this version, as it is stated as being 90 minutes, which is the extra time for commercials. A 22 minute show becomes 30 minutes on TV, which makes this 66 minute "movie" pad out to 90 minutes when it airs.

It sounds like someone has gotten their hands on a copy of the DVD, possibly at the source or on its way to stores... which is likely to get someone into a lot of trouble if they get tracked down.

If there really is a 2 hour version, it may just be a DVD with extra features that totals 2 hours, as I fear that this may just be it for the finale of TFPrime.

Saying that, some thoughts...
It was a shame to not see Soundwave or Airachnid, as they are loose ends. And with the Beast Hunters comic being axed after 8 issues, we aren't likely to see a resolution to them now either.
Shockwave looked to have died by the "Terrorcons" (Starscream called the zombie Predacons by that name), but later showed up with minimal damage... and then disappears. Another loose end.
Starscream is presumed to have been destroyed, but as with anything in TFs, if it isn't seen on screen, it didn't happen. Another loose end.
Megatron suddenly turning his back on his life long purpose just because he had a small taste of his own medicine? Not likely. That sort of thing would just anger a bully if they never had any element of compassion or empathy to begin with.
Predaking, Dark Steel and Skylynx are still alive and loose. More loose ends.
Unicron is still alive, trapped in a bottle somewhere, waiting to be let loose again in the future... another big loose end, or at least, a future plot device.

So we have most of the Decepticons and the Predacons still running around, with a weakend Autobot squad to do much about it. Plenty of material for a new show (if one were to follow this universe), but unless the spark of Optimus was reborn into a new body (the brightest spark at the end), it will be difficult to launch a series without an Optimus.

No kids or humans was a surprise. Not even a compilation flashback. Probably cheaper this way, as reusing old footage would still require royalties to be paid to each voice actor.

Michael Ironside was way underused... but he is probably the most expensive voice actor on that episode. After his battle in the first ten minutes, I don't think Ultra Magnus says another word for the rest of the movie. Even at the end when he is standing there fully functional and everyone else is saying stuff.

Being a finale, I was really expecting someone or several main cast members being killed off, being a finale or just for the "tragic" element, but in the end it was just Optimus... and he didn't really die anyway - not in a traditional sense.

The start was a bit slow, but the story keep me watching right to the end. The visuals were a bit bland though. It's been the theme of this whole series, the lack of vibrant colours, but it could have been worked in more in this climactic "movie" story.

I was waiting the whole episode to hear Unicron and Megatron have the 1986 Movie exchange (you belong to me now - I belong to no one), but it didn't happen.
They threw in Gen1 concepts of Darkmount and the Smelting Pit, and the more recent Movie concept of The Allspark, but no homage to the first time Unicron revived and upgraded Megatron.

I didn't feel this was "epic" enough to be a climactic finale movie, and some finale multi-part cartoon episodes felt more epic (like during Beast Wars)... so as much as it was worth watching, I felt that the multitude of loose ends made me feel like it should have been, could have been, a lot better.

Ae-Evolution
15th September 2013, 06:46 PM
So now that it's ended, what's the next series to air?

ILikeSoundwave
15th September 2013, 06:59 PM
First of all there should be SPOILERS in the title so........
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
This raises more questions than it answers. To be honest it's something I didn't really enjoy, it was all happening too fast. Knockout was hilarious as always, Smokescreen got a taste of his own medicine. I wish there was a bigger final battle though it was too short and left me with so many questions like:
What happened to Shockwave?
What happened to Starscream?
Where did Megatron go?
What is Cybertron like now when the allspark was returned.
It's sad to know that we are never going to know what happened to Soundwave. Deadlock was more of a finale, i'll just call Predacons rising a bonus movie not the finale to the Prime series. I would have really liked an extra 5-10mins to show then on Cybertron after Optimus sacrificed himself.

Hursticon
15th September 2013, 07:16 PM
Well, "Transformers: Prime, Beast Hunters - Predacons Rising" sure was a thing, good... but not great. :o

Momentary flickers of series past, but in the end just another soulless run full of missed opportunities <- The unfortunate hallmark of Transformers: Prime's 2nd & 3rd seasons. :(
When this series started, it shone with such brilliant potential visually & narratively, but by the end of the 1st season's concluding 3 part-er... It just felt that either the passion had had a lid put on it or corporate thought bubbles had begun to nestle. :rolleyes:

A somewhat expected but disappointing end to a series that so often seemed to do just that, I'm now looking to what's next on the horizon for Transformers as a weekly cartoon...

P.S. I don't think I'm going to miss this series, save for a handful of characterisations; Megatron, Soundwave, Knockout, Arcee & Ratchet are/were the only standouts for me, everything else (Story, characters, name drops etc.) just all kind of feels "meh" and that sucks.

griffin
15th September 2013, 07:25 PM
First of all there should be SPOILERS in the title so........

Not in the News and Reviews section, unless it is in a different topic that is referring to something in a future episode/story.

liegeprime
15th September 2013, 09:21 PM

www.animeflavor.com - it's where ive been watching since TF animated days Gok. 1 day delay from US broadcast - also has a lot of other anime and cartoons - e.g. Avatar: Legend of Korra - which just restarted season 2 btw.

Well this was certainly a fast ending.... at least some more interesting characters get added to the world of TFs - like animated brought us Lugnut, BUlkhead and lockdown while TF prime I believe brings us Knockout, Airachnid ( kay so she's somewhat of a rehash of Blackarachnia - but shes evil thru and thru unlike BA) an awesome Arcee, and Predaking!

I just wish they come out with a box set for both Animated and this series...

GoktimusPrime
15th September 2013, 11:52 PM
I did try that but I couldn't find it... :D
I couldn't find it using YouTube's search engine, but I found it easily enough just using Google. :)

Omega Metro
16th September 2013, 08:02 AM
There has to be some 'more' of this movie surely. It doesn't feel complete.

Jilm101
16th September 2013, 09:08 AM
I know what you Mean by Saying it wasn't Epic but it was still Pretty good. I think We're meant to believe in the end that everybody just gets along megatron, starscream the preds are all.....one ;) and live together happily

ps how did shockwave survive and also why?

lancalot
16th September 2013, 03:24 PM
i was pretty disappointed with this movie... i was expecting too much i suspose as the lead up to it was getting really good as the story was getting abit more mature and "dark" plus the third season fight scene was really good in direction , but in this film it wasn't thought out as much . The scene where OP tries to get the spark didn't even feel like he was in any real danger at all, but he was risking his very life to get it! I felt that this filmed was rushed out as they wanted this over with , even with megs new body design was't as epic as when OP got his new body , they could of gave him the shark body of the BH toy infused with dark energon would of been even better!
It just could of been a great epic movie as they had all the right element in there but it felt very flat and average and you wouldn't missed anything if you didn't watch it at all.

BigTransformerTrev
16th September 2013, 08:53 PM
I thought it was rather good - lots of great action sequences, lots of little plot devices from over the last few seasons coming together, lots of lore, lots of different factions and alliances changing - good stuff!

The only group it didn't have was Arachnid and the Insecticons, might have been cool even a throw away shot of her sitting on her throne on the moon, watching everything unfold on the planet below.

GoktimusPrime
16th September 2013, 09:34 PM
I can't help but compare this with the finale episodes of Beast Machines ("Seeds of the Future"). Seeds of the Future was a much better executed story; tighter without the sloppy loose ends and much darker and grittier (though arguably BM was too dark). SotF was also a lot more intensive with all the surviving cast having an important role to play, and it kept the pace moving a better too. Predacons Rising on the other hand had a few too many stalling points. Optimus Prime's AllSpark Quest could've been shorter; and the battle at the Well of AllSparks... the Autobots seemed to just stand around spectating with nothing better to do while the Predacons took on the Zombie-Preds and Optimus Prime battled Unicron. For a moment it almost felt like Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Smokescreen and Arcee could just flip out some deck chairs and chillax.

Having said that, the end result of Predacon Rising was better than Beast Machines IMHO. Both stories end with Optimus Primal/Prime sacrificing themselves to restore life to Cybertron. But Predacon Rising does it in a way that doesn't dead end continuity by transforming Cybertron into a technorganic garden. So at least there's potential for the story to be continued from (if the next upcoming series is indeed going to do so). Whereas Beast Machines is notorious for having effectively dead-ended the G1 continuity family. Gah.

As for Megatron, there is something cool in SotF in that both Optimus and Megatron sacrificed themselves to restore Cybertron (though involuntarily so from the latter ;)). But I do like the idea of Megatron changing his views on oppression having experienced it first hand. It's like the reversal of the rise of G1 Megatron in the IDW comics; originally a pacifist who turned to violence and megalomania, whereas in TFP Megatron was originally a violent megalomania who's turned to pacifism. I actually think that's pretty cool... although whether writers can KEEP Megatron that way or somehow make him change his mind in the next series remains to be seen. Somehow I suspect it will be the latter. :(

So IMHO Seeds of the Future had the better journey, but Predacons Rising has the better destination. :o

SMHFConvoy
16th September 2013, 10:09 PM
In regards to the whole Shockwave arc: I saw it as he did die at the hands of the terrorcons but was also resurrected as one (he reappears, grey with dark energon accents) *but* being Shockwave instead of coming back as a snarling zombie he comes back and speaks emotionally, he was proud to see his predacons survive and I have a feeling if that scene went longer he probably would've told Predating how bit was Starscream's idea to lure the Autobots to the cloning lab on Earth in season 3.

SMHFConvoy
16th September 2013, 10:21 PM
Gok, you know what's really cool about Megatron's change of heart? The fact that if the new series is a continuation of the Prime universe, Megatron could potentially fight along side the Autobots.

I reckon they should bring in the quintessons, throw out their G1 back story and just bring them in as another type of transforming robotic lifeform. That's just me though. They still have Airachnid out on the moon with her "terrorsecticons."

Bumbleb33
16th September 2013, 11:56 PM
So who here after watching this moved Knockout from the Decepticon shelf to the Autobot shelf? And more importantly who was stoked doing so?

GoktimusPrime
17th September 2013, 09:47 AM
I just saw Shockwave as having survived... the Zombies overwhelmed him but moved off to complete their primary objective of assaulting the Well of AllSparks. Killing Shockwave was never their objective; they only attacked him when he stood in their way. I saw the darker greys as just being being gritty/dirty/damaged from the fight. Possibly also a homage to Astro Magnum. ;)

So who here after watching this moved Knockout from the Decepticon shelf to the Autobot shelf? And more importantly who was stoked doing so?
Nope.

He's was a Decepticon for the bulk of the series, so on my TFP Decepticon shelf he'll stay. There have been plenty of Transformers who've switched sides at one point or another, e.g.:
+ Catilla = originally a member of the Decepticon Mayhem Attack Squad, he and Carnivac later joined with surviving members of the Wreckers after the Time Wars, forming an alliance known as the Survivors. The toy is marketed/sold as an Autobot, so he's on an Autobot shelf (while Carnivac is on a Decepticon shelf).
+ Jetfire (G1) = in both the G1 comics and cartoon he started off as a Decepticon then later became an Autobot. Toy is marketed as an Autobot, so he's on an Autobot shelf.
+ Doubleclouder = I don't have this toy, but if I did I'd keep him on the shelf according to how he's marketed as. I have Doubledealer who's marketed as a Decepticon, so on my Decepticon shelf he lives (though Doubledealer never switched sides)
+ Longtooth = violated what it means to be an Autobot (though never became a Decepticon) -- on my Autobot shelf. A similar argument could be made for G1 Grimlock (although Grimlock underwent redemption).
+ Sunstreaker = made a pact w/ the Decepticons. But I still see him as an Autobot.
+ A lot of G2 Autobots started off as Decepticons but later switched sides (e.g. Rotor Force). I categorise them as Autobots.
+ Dinobot = originally a Predacon, then Maximal, then Predacon, then Maximal. He's on my Maximal shelf.
+ Dinobot II = originally a Predacon, then ultimately turned against Megatron to assist the Maximals (though he never formally switched sides). He's on my Predacon shelf.
+ Blackarachnia = originally a Maximal protoform forged as a Predacon, then allied herself w/ the Maximals (but as a Predacon). Displayed w/ Predacons. The Transmetal II toy has a Spark Crystal that can flip around to show either Maximal or Predacon insignia, but the toy itself is packaged/marketed as a Maximal and TM2 Blackarachnia exclusively allied herself w/ the Maximals in the cartoon, so she's w/ my Maximals.
+ Tankor = always a Vehicon, but was once a Maximal. He stands w/ my Vehicons.
+ Jetstorm (BM) = Ditto.
+ Obsidian & Strika = originally Vehicons, then joined the Maximals, then switched back to the Vehicon team. I classify them as Vehicons.
+ Armada Wheeljack & Micron Legend Rampage = ex Autobots who became Decepticons. They're both w/ my Armada Decepticons.
+ Blackarachnia (Animated) = originally an Autobot (Elita-1), later joined the Decepticons. Mine sits on my Animated Decepticon shelf.
+ Movieverse = Sentinel Prime; an Autobot who allied himself w/ the Decepticons and betrayed the Autobots. My DotM Sentinel Prime toys stand w/ my movieverse Autobots.

Then there are all the Transformers who blur the lines between Autobot and Decepticon... :o

Jetfire in the sky
17th September 2013, 07:02 PM
I can't help but compare this with the finale episodes of Beast Machines ("Seeds of the Future"). Seeds of the Future was a much better executed story; tighter without the sloppy loose ends and much darker and grittier (though arguably BM was too dark). SotF was also a lot more intensive with all the surviving cast having an important role to play, and it kept the pace moving a better too. Predacons Rising on the other hand had a few too many stalling points. Optimus Prime's AllSpark Quest could've been shorter; and the battle at the Well of AllSparks... the Autobots seemed to just stand around spectating with nothing better to do while the Predacons took on the Zombie-Preds and Optimus Prime battled Unicron. For a moment it almost felt like Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Smokescreen and Arcee could just flip out some deck chairs and chillax.

Having said that, the end result of Predacon Rising was better than Beast Machines IMHO. Both stories end with Optimus Primal/Prime sacrificing themselves to restore life to Cybertron. But Predacon Rising does it in a way that doesn't dead end continuity by transforming Cybertron into a technorganic garden. So at least there's potential for the story to be continued from (if the next upcoming series is indeed going to do so). Whereas Beast Machines is notorious for having effectively dead-ended the G1 continuity family. Gah.

As for Megatron, there is something cool in SotF in that both Optimus and Megatron sacrificed themselves to restore Cybertron (though involuntarily so from the latter ;)). But I do like the idea of Megatron changing his views on oppression having experienced it first hand. It's like the reversal of the rise of G1 Megatron in the IDW comics; originally a pacifist who turned to violence and megalomania, whereas in TFP Megatron was originally a violent megalomania who's turned to pacifism. I actually think that's pretty cool... although whether writers can KEEP Megatron that way or somehow make him change his mind in the next series remains to be seen. Somehow I suspect it will be the latter. :(

So IMHO Seeds of the Future had the better journey, but Predacons Rising has the better destination. :o

Best review yet imho, thanks Gok :) I have watched most of BM but not until the end, I will have to make an effort to find it now.

Jetfire in the sky
17th September 2013, 07:07 PM
I just saw Shockwave as having survived... the Zombies overwhelmed him but moved off to complete their primary objective of assaulting the Well of AllSparks. Killing Shockwave was never their objective; they only attacked him when he stood in their way. I saw the darker greys as just being being gritty/dirty/damaged from the fight.

+1

I was surprised to see Shockwave rock up later in the show as most of us seem to have been but as stated above, that's what I figured :)

griffin
18th September 2013, 12:54 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw at least one limb ripped off as they were piling on top of Shockwave, which is why I assumed he was completely dismembered... but when he showed up later, all that was missing was one of this tank-tread bits on his back, and a crack on his eye.
Maybe the animator for that scene got a bit too carried away, based on the script, but didn't know or realise that the character was supposed to come out virtually unscarred.

I'm trying to remember (without going back to rewatch it)... I don't think his re-appearance added to the plot in any way, so maybe it would have been a more fitting loose end to tie up if he had been killed in that scene, and any lines he said later were said by someone else or just not included.

liegeprime
18th September 2013, 12:56 AM

Well to be fair he didn't really have a good role model hehehehe ;);)...really enjoyed this character... I wonder if we ever get a Generations Knockout toy heheeh? Would be fun with accessories that look like dental torture equipments :D

About Shockwave - it's really amazing how he survived.... guess he's made of sterner stuff - not even a few sparks flying , panels hanging, wires exposed a cracked optic.... not at all - well mebbe a broken wing like kibble but that's it....hmmm....It would be a shame if Screamer got killed off. I mean for some reason - I am a little surprised how "loyal" he really did become in this series.... even after Megatron's death - he was willing to plan and exact revenge all in Megatron's name... now that's new!!

OKay so Im a bit confused though -- all the revived zombie terrocons just "died" coz the source of their life - Unicron basically became the dark djin in a bottle....but how come Megatron lives? I mean wasn't his body revived by Unicron as well? shouldn't it be he just stayed dead altogether - the only reason he didn't join the allspark is because it's tainted with Unicron's blood ergo he should've been sucked up with Unicron and his body left an empty husk so we end up with the series of Megatron alive but a Pacifist - for how long we're not sure and No Prime.... yet...to challenge him should he turn -- but then there will be no more prime as that lineage was ended in this series with the sacrifice of Optimus - he did say so himself why in the movie....oh well.

Im really really curious now what new series they're gonna come up with - but I hope it's not another reset storyline....it's getting to be annoying really.

If they're after just a filler series my vote goes for a revive of TFA. They should come up with a season 4 and 5 even of Transformers Animated as even with it all wrapped up, there's still so much potential in that series untapped!

Hursticon
18th September 2013, 06:14 PM
If they're after just a filler series my vote goes for a revive of TFA. They should come up with a season 4 and 5 even of Transformers Animated as even with it all wrapped up, there's still so much potential in that series untapped!

^THIS!^ - Oh good bloody lord this! :D:cool:

Bidoofdude
26th September 2013, 10:11 PM
I just finished watching this and I really loved it. Predacons were pretty cool and the Unicronian Megatron was pretty cool as well.

Would love to see some regular-sized toys of the new Megatron and some sort of Terrorcon Predacons. :)

Bidoofdude
26th September 2013, 10:19 PM
It would be a shame if Screamer got killed off. I mean for some reason - I am a little surprised how "loyal" he really did become in this series.... even after Megatron's death - he was willing to plan and exact revenge all in Megatron's name... now that's new!!

I too liked this, but I've been quite perplexed the whole duration of the show, especially S2 and S3 of Starscream's loyalty and whether he was being serious or was being sarcastic or deceptive.

GoktimusPrime
27th September 2013, 10:34 AM
I just finished watching this and I really loved it. Predacons were pretty cool and the Unicronian Megatron was pretty cool as well.
To me it felt like a rehash of what happened to Beast Wars Galvatron; and I arguably prefer that story line where Unicron was using BW Galvatron's body as a means of possessing Vector Sigma and transforming Cybertron into his new body; but I guess that's not a priority for TFP Unicron since his body (Earth) is still existent. :p Also Predacon Rising didn't have a terminally boring two series lead up to this story arc, unlike the BW Neo Unicron arc. Good story, but not worth suffering through watching BWII and Neo to get to it. :rolleyes:

i_amtrunks
7th October 2013, 01:01 PM
This movie made me come full circle back on Prime as a a series. To begin with I did not like it at all, it was a paint-by-the-numbers series with little originality or positives. As it progressed the writers finally seemed to figure out they could make their own series rather than rehashing everything from previous media (transformers and otherwise) and the series started to improve in many ways.

After the lacklustre, predictable and most sadly boring "movie" to finish the series I am back to thinking that Prime as a whole was a massive waste of my time and the few toys I collected due to seasons 2-3 I feel silly for buying.

The writing was awful, the characters barely did anything bar fight or run away, new characters were only used as fighters, older characters did nothing of note and there were so many plotholes and loose ends left it feels like it was meant for prime to continue as a comic series or prose stories, or something. I get that they were leaving some endings vague so as to keep a PG rating, but with what they had done previously with Silas/Breakdown and Blackarachnia I was expecting something with a little more depth or darkness.

Instead we got cliche and dull mysticism to explain pretty much everything. What made it worst is that it contradicted much of the aligned novels which the series is supposed to be based off. With all the Decepticons left around to do their things, predacons roaming about with none to oppose them and Megatron possibly being only a few minutes away from realising he loves oppression as long as he is at the right end of it, the series showed that once again without Prime to do everything for them, they are good soldiers and competent bots, but have no way to defend themselves against any threats bigger than a Vehicon or two. There better be some elite class warriors coming back to Cybertron, or some Phase sixers being "born" or Cybertron will be under Predakings control whenever he feels like it. Shockwave and Megatron will be unstoppable too.

Just annoying that a series that built well and had much potential was squandered in 65 minutes. What is worse was a series that had much more going for it (in Animated) was axed to make this pathetic waste of time. The only things that this series has brought to the Transformers Universe has been proving that 3D animation can be used to make nice looking (although unpopulated) worlds, Transformer zombies are awesome and Breakdown as a self indulgent pretty boy works wonders as a character.

Jinto
29th November 2013, 07:33 AM
You summed it up pretty well, i_amtrunks. Terrible writing; the plot didn't seen to move at all, there was so much wasted time. The whole thing could have gone to a standard prime episode.

That aside I also really felt like I was watching a video game cutscene the whole time. Did anyone else notice the change in look? I don't know if they bumped the resolution up or down, or if it was just a different director, but to me it genuinely looked like it had been taken from between player sections of a 5yo game.

I feel like I gave Prime a good chance and I really tried to like it a lot, but it let me down.