PDA

View Full Version : Wicked the Broadway Musical

TheDirtyDigger
24th July 2008, 08:36 AM
Now Broadway musicals aren't usually my thing, but it was my most special lady's birthday yesterday so off we went.

Awesome show...even exceeded The Dark Knight in enjoyment which I went to see the night before.
Very funny, quality sets, brilliant performers, excellent seats.
Well worth the 100 buck a ticket price.

If you get the opportunity I highly recommend this. 5 stars! (that's out of 5 btw)

Paulbot
24th July 2008, 09:11 AM
I've been dying to see this since I heard Popular two years ago. I have second row tickets for a Saturday night a few weeks from now. Really looking forward to it

TheDirtyDigger
26th August 2008, 04:45 PM
Have you seen this yet PB?

Did you picture me as Guh-linda and you as Elphaba when 'Popular' was sung?

I did!:)

Paulbot
26th August 2008, 09:39 PM
Did you picture me as Guh-linda and you as Elphaba when 'Popular' was sung?

I did!:)

Yikes! :p

Yes I saw it last weekend and while I enjoyed it, there was too much anticipation that it couldn't live up to what I was hoping for. I have been listening to the soundtrack ever since though and might try to win some Wicked Lotto tickets and see it again.

TheDirtyDigger
27th August 2008, 06:35 AM
Ahh well it was opposite for me. Here I am thinking 'Broadway' and 'Musical' and was anticipating falling asleep and beforehand actually thinking "God why did I agree to go?"
So I was pleasantly overwhelmed with it all. I think the Ozmopolitans in those glowing green glasses helped get me in the mood as well.

lcz128
27th August 2008, 07:42 AM
My bro's watching it 29th August! and I'm watching it 10th September with my missus! :D WOO! Totally looking forward to it :D

iceburn
28th August 2008, 11:22 AM
why don't i have the money to watch it. moreover, my fiance is not really into musical...
too WICKED

JuzMel
28th August 2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah! I bought the program book already for $20 bucks! It looks really good and I can't wait to watch it! Date booked on 27th Sep.. One more month but really looking forward to it.. :D