PDA

View Full Version : (OCT-2013) Animated Era - Your best of the best

griffin
15th October 2013, 02:22 AM
Animated... short-lived, but one of the more popular and expansive Universes in Transformers.

Details of the Animated era can be read about here (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers_Animated_%28franchise%29).

In the Animated era/series, what are you Ultimate top 3, best of the best, to recommend to others....

Toys
-
-
-

Cartoon Episodes/stories
-
-
-

Later, I might do up a tally, to see if there are any standouts.

Trent
15th October 2013, 12:49 PM
Animated is awesome. I have nothing bad to say about it. It's on an equal footing with Beast Wars for me.

BigTransformerTrev
15th October 2013, 03:25 PM
In the Animated era/series, what are you Ultimate top 3, best of the best, to recommend to others....

Toys
- Leader Ultra Magnus
- Leader Megatron
- Deluxe Swindle

Cartoon Episodes/stories
- Blast from the Past
- Decepticon Air
- The last 2 Ep's of each season

UltraMarginal
17th October 2013, 04:20 PM

Toys
- Prowl (to me possibly the best motorbike transformer toy ever. perhaps unseated by wreckgar/junkheap)
- Lockdown (brilliant transformation simple yet manages to make a normal sized deluxe vehicle into a very tall deluxe robot. The only issue I have with this figure is the hand/wrist design)
- The Activators, they are almost scout sized figures and most of them are a joy to pop into robot mode from vehicle mode at the press of a button with only a couple more motions, they are fairly articulated and are great desk toys.)

Cartoon Episodes/stories-
-I have to agree with BTT and pick the last two episodes of each season.
-

GoktimusPrime
19th October 2013, 04:10 PM
I agree that Prowl is a very impressive toy. I wasn't that enthused w/ Lockdown though... aside from the wrist, I don't like how his legs pop out so easily. :( Overall I found the Animated franchise to be quite hit and miss - there were some parts I loved, others I disliked (which I've gone into detail in other threads, so I won't bother repeating it here :)).

P.S.: I did like the idea of introducing titles like "Prime," "Minor," "Magnus" etc. as ranks that were earned through merit and promotion rather than selected succession. :)

i_amtrunks
20th October 2013, 02:17 AM
Toys
- Voyager Bulkhead
- Leader Megatron
- Hot Rod / Prowl

Cartoon Episodes/stories
Very tough, will count multiple parters as one.
- Transwarped
- Endgame
- Elite guard / Thrill of the hunt / A bridge too close

Comics
-Bots of Science