PDA

View Full Version : Robot Kingdom site Unstable for next couple days.

UltraMarginal
17th October 2013, 02:37 PM
According to this letter (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/robotkingdoms-website-temporarily-offline-to-make-way-for-new-site/28602/), Robot Kingdom is updating it's website.

In my opinion this has been a long time coming.

CBratron
17th October 2013, 03:58 PM
Only noticed when there was that question about where to get Green Giant for less than $600 and I went to check.

Most overdue. Looked real shonky like it'd been done by me back in the dotcom boom.

Gouki
17th October 2013, 04:15 PM
Oh good. It's really needed an overhaul.

Bumbleb33
17th October 2013, 04:32 PM
If it hadn't been for all the positive reviews I had heard from users on here, I myself would never have tried them based on the look of their old site. I am glad to see they are overhauling it.

Sinnertwin
17th October 2013, 06:35 PM
I didn't mind it's current format. Hopefully the new version will be easier to navigate than some of the other etailers. Yes, HLJ, i'm looking at you.

Omega Metro
17th October 2013, 06:40 PM
Hopefully it will make their postage quicker also.:mad:

CBratron
17th October 2013, 07:54 PM
It seems they're back and nothing has changed...

MayzaPrime
17th October 2013, 08:32 PM

I still can't access the page :(

Bidoofdude
17th October 2013, 09:08 PM

It seems only the URL works, so I'm guessing that's just a placeholder. No search results show it though. :confused:

Sinnertwin
17th October 2013, 09:10 PM
I still can't access the page :(

Odd :confused: I was looking at it 5 minutes ago

kaiden
17th October 2013, 09:17 PM
it looks the same to me. even the checkout. why this qualifies as tf global news... :confused:

MayzaPrime
17th October 2013, 09:51 PM
Odd :confused: I was looking at it 5 minutes ago

It works for me now... :)

UltraMarginal
18th October 2013, 03:12 PM
Looks like the new site is up.

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php

kup
18th October 2013, 03:56 PM
Looks like the new site is up.

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php

It's different so it confuses and frightens me!

UltraMarginal
18th October 2013, 04:10 PM
I've had a bit of a fiddle this afternoon. I'm not sure I like it much better than their last layout. it's still not as nice as BBTS.

you need to register with them before you get through to the cart page. it does give you a postage quote up front though without the three step process they used to have.

kaiden
18th October 2013, 04:25 PM
i only just noticed the title of the thread has kink in it.

tried to look at the new website and its error-ed.

UltraMarginal
18th October 2013, 04:47 PM
i only just noticed the title of the thread has kink in it.

tried to look at the new website and its error-ed.

Ooops, too late now I guess.
the site stopped working for me about an hour ago. not long after my last post.

kaiden
18th October 2013, 07:21 PM
Ooops, too late now I guess.
the site stopped working for me about an hour ago. not long after my last post.

hah its not like spelling errors matter all that much. it was an amusing observation for me since 'kink' can mean 'a twist or bend' in something

CBratron
18th October 2013, 10:59 PM
Ugh! Those windows take forever to update.
[edit]But I don't mind the way it looks.

Omega Metro
18th October 2013, 11:25 PM
That 'Robot Kingdom' banner/logo looks very 'unproffeshinall'.:confused:

kaiden
18th October 2013, 11:48 PM
the whole thing looks pretty crap.

Megatran
19th October 2013, 12:46 PM
New Website was operating last night but seems to be having a wardrobe malfunction at this point in time.

As mentioned by other forumers, you need to set up an account. Another password to add to my list and hopefully remember.:mad:

kaiden
19th October 2013, 12:58 PM
all they did was add accounts and change the layout. im disappointed they don't have any form of self management for orders or POL.

Megatran
20th October 2013, 04:53 PM
The price of postage insurance seems to have disappeared at Checkout. Has it been absorbed in to the shipping cost or not available altogether?

drifand
20th October 2013, 08:04 PM
Is this place safe to order from?

Sinnertwin
20th October 2013, 08:23 PM
Is this place safe to order from?

There's an RK feedback thread here. (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=1567&page=32) Personally, I've been using them for years and have had very minor issues which were resolved quickly, but we're all going to have differing views, so have a read decide for yourself. Perhaps place a small order and see what you think :)

5FDP
21st October 2013, 07:27 AM
As mentioned by other forumers, you need to set up an account.

Well, that sucks!

crankcase76
22nd October 2013, 12:37 AM
Ordered from them tonight, only a small set. The only thing that was i had an account but had to set up a new one.:confused: Other than that the site workes fine on my Iphone.:)

Megatran
23rd October 2013, 08:40 PM
Does anyone have an explanation as to why the cost of shipping has increased ever since the new look website was launched?

kaiden
23rd October 2013, 09:46 PM
Does anyone have an explanation as to why the cost of shipping has increased ever since the new look website was launched?

because they can?

Sinnertwin
23rd October 2013, 09:54 PM
How much is the difference in shipping? Anybody have a pre-update & post-update comparison? I haven't purchased anything from them in a while

Vector Sigma 13
23rd October 2013, 10:00 PM
There's an RK feedback thread here. (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=1567&page=32) Personally, I've been using them for years and have had very minor issues which were resolved quickly, but we're all going to have differing views, so have a read decide for yourself. Perhaps place a small order and see what you think :)

Same here. Only issues I ever had was the box on my Encore Omega was dented a bit on one end (probably due to the carrier more so than robot kingdom) and I purchased a after market roller for the original MP Prime which had a dodgy fuel hose ( would have been cheaper to buy a new one than send the old one back). Other than that it has always been smooth sailing.

MayzaPrime
23rd October 2013, 10:21 PM
I too have been buying from RK for a very long time.

The only problem I have had was with my Encore Fortress Maximus missing a gun, this wasn't RKs fault but I contacted them and they sent me a new part.

I have found when dealing with RK that they are very professional and have always been helpful.

I will continue to buy TFs from RK

I am one very happy customer :D :D :D

Megatran
24th October 2013, 05:29 PM
How much is the difference in shipping? Anybody have a pre-update & post-update comparison? I haven't purchased anything from them in a while

Confirmed. Shipping price has gone up since the relaunch of RK online store.:mad:

Here are 2 examples (using Registered Air Mail Parcel).

Exhibit 1: Asian MP Grimlock & Henkei Jetfire combo
Pre-relaunch of online store shipping cost = US$44.99 + $2.10 insurance
Relaunch of online store shipping quote = US$53.43 (no option for insurance?)

Exhibit 2: Planet X Genesis
Pre-relaunch of online store shipping cost = US$56.99 + $1.75 insurance
Relaunch of online store shipping quote = US$67.29 (no option for insurance?)

Guillty as charged.

Kazza
25th October 2013, 11:33 PM
Those shipping rates are making me consider buying from ehobbybaseshop with future purchases.

ILikeSoundwave
26th October 2013, 09:30 PM
RK have been going way down lately, they got to get there game together if they want me to continue ordering from them.

Sinnertwin
26th October 2013, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the comparison, Megatran.
Even with insurance, it looks like they've increased their shipping rates by $7-10 across the board.

For those who have received an item from RK recently,
Was there any indication of insurance included in the shipping?
Did the rate supplied match up to what was posted on the shipping carton?
I'm thinking this increase may be an extra handling fee?

RK have been going way down lately, they got to get there game together if they want me to continue ordering from them.

Something happen?

ILikeSoundwave
26th October 2013, 09:45 PM
No, nothing major just people were expecting something new with their face lift like how BBTS has the pile of loot thing, and I've been noticing small price changes every couple of weeks going up by a couple of dollars and plus the extra shipping costs. To summarise :D