PDA

View Full Version : About AmiAmi shipping quotes

Deonasis
18th October 2013, 04:55 PM
Once AmiAmi gives you the shipping quote is there a way query the cost? Not that I found. If not, can you cancel the order or do you just let the payment date lapse?

It is first time shipping with AmiAmi and the exact equivalent shipping quote was 2380JPN ($25AUD) cheaper elsewhere.

Tober
18th October 2013, 05:02 PM
Once AmiAmi gives you the shipping quote is there a way query the cost? Not that I found. If not, can you cancel the order or do you just let the payment date lapse?

It is first time shipping with AmiAmi and the exact equivalent shipping quote was 2380JPN ($25AUD) cheaper elsewhere.

Cheaper at HLJ?

You could try contacting them and being VERY polite, otherwise I suspect just waiting for payment to lapse will get you blacklisted. They do have SAL and monthly shipping options tho.

UltraMarginal
18th October 2013, 05:08 PM
payment to lapse?

I made an order through Ami Ami over a week ago and I am still waiting for my card to be charged. there were a couple items that were on pre-order so I was expecting to be charged when they all arrived. is this how they normally work. that was the impression I had from their faq.

Gouki
18th October 2013, 06:34 PM
Once payment is required, you get quoted for shipping. You are able to change your shipping method to make it more or less expensive then, but if you need the order cancelled you will have to email them.

If you pre-order an item, they send you an email when the item needs to be paid for, at which point you need to go to your account, go to the order and "Send Payment" under the "Orders Awaiting Payment" option. They will then charge you pretty much straight away. If you have done all that and still not been charged and a week has passed, contact them.

kaiden
18th October 2013, 07:13 PM
they hate people that cancel orders though and will threaten to blacklist you.

Gouki
18th October 2013, 07:23 PM
They pretty clearly say if it happens multiple times it's a problem. Once or twice won't cause an issue. I've had to do it a couple of times unfortunately.

I'd hate to be blacklisted, though. I love the place.

Deonasis
19th October 2013, 07:40 PM
Well i certainly do not want to be blacklisted as i have another big order with them waiting on a few backorder items - this I will not be cancelling no matter the cost.

The order I want to 'let go' is a Takara Metroplex. The EMS postage quote I was given equates to 6kg on the AmiAmi postage chart. I know this version of Metroplex weighs less than 4kg. This one also has a damaged box so I am not interested in +2kg of lightweight packing material to keep it pristine.

Next time i am in front of a computer I will email them my apologetic cancellation.

Tober
19th October 2013, 08:58 PM
I'd still think you're risking a blacklisting and the cancellation of any other outstanding orders, especially if this is your first order and they have invoiced you.

According the EMS Schedule (http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/charge/list/ems_all_en.html), you should be looking at around $90 to ship Metroplex.