PDA

View Full Version : Spare MP3 who to repaint to?

iscreamonstars
19th October 2013, 09:35 PM
I have a spare MP3 and want to do a repaint, should i do shattered glass SS or Sunstorm or someone completely left field.
It will be my 1st attempt at a repaint so feedback welcome thanks :)

GoktimusPrime
19th October 2013, 10:46 PM
Choose someone who hasn't been done yet (Sunstorm already exists). Maybe Bitstream or the Purple Generic Seeker. ;) SG Screamer's not a bad idea either. :)

lancalot
20th October 2013, 03:32 PM
i would do redwing.... as there not many custom of that around...so you can pretty much paint any scheme you like for him... and i love red... :)

If this is your first time then i advice you do anther piece to get you use to repaints of transformers , try a deluxe toy or a voyager cause MP3 is quiet an expensive experiment ... He is also a masterpiece and has alot of small parts that are pinned together and he got LOTS of rubbing points where you have to sand down heaps or you get your paints scrapped off ... Also MP3 plastic is a little brittle so you have to be careful for the stress you put on his wings and joints . He is also a fairly large figure so i recommend you using a airbrush because hand painting the wings section alone would be a nightmare without leaving any streak /brush marks , and you have to do quiet a few coat as well cause he very dark in colour..
Just post a work in progress of your customs and we all can give you advice on it as there a few customizer on this board.

Cat
20th October 2013, 06:00 PM
Sunblender.

Hideous, yet oddly beautiful.

lancalot
21st October 2013, 03:30 PM
Sunblender.

Hideous, yet oddly beautiful.

Who that cat?... i can't seem to google him? and never heard of him before..

You can try G2 thundercracker colour :p

Cat
21st October 2013, 03:59 PM
For a start, I typoed the name, sorry. It's Sunbender, not SunbLender.

I also cannot find my pic of it, nor can I access the page I KNOW it's on on the Allspark, as the main board is still down.

He's in the letter pages of Marvel UK #9 (anyone got a scan or photo they could share, please?) and was an entry in their 'Design A Decepticon' contest.

He's purple and yellow. He's hideous, but it really works. He's also rather unique.

GoktimusPrime
21st October 2013, 05:03 PM
You can try G2 thundercracker colour :p
There's no such thing as G2 Thundercracker. Starscream and Ramjet were the only G1 jets released in G2. Maybe you're thinking of G2 Starscream? Or did you mean Action Master Thundercracker? (if so, that's G1)

:)

lancalot
21st October 2013, 08:09 PM
There's no such thing as G2 Thundercracker. Starscream and Ramjet were the only G1 jets released in G2. Maybe you're thinking of G2 Starscream? Or did you mean Action Master Thundercracker? (if so, that's G1)

:)

Cool sorry ... ok it this guy... SG thundercracker (BotCon 2011)
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:SGtoy-Thundercracker.jpg
:D
now that cool... he stand out for sure :D