PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Go! Black Hunter Optimus Prime

Zommael
23rd October 2013, 01:16 PM
Pretty much exactly what it sounds like:

Thanks to a Tweet from Snakas, we have our first images of a black repaint of the Beast Hunters Optimus Prime voyager toy!

Two images have been shown revealing this black repaint is a Decepticon with a head mold featuring a closed mouth plate.

Sound off on the images after the jump!

EDIT: image of black Hunter Optimus in truck mode added thanks to Tag Hobby(from the latest issue of Figure King). The figure is due out in December for 5250 yen.

(Hotlinked images removed - from this source (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/beast-hunters-optimus-prime-black-repaint-first-images-178638/))

It's exactly what you'd expect from a black Optimus repaint at this point (although they do sometimes mix it up a bit). I reckon the big question is how well the black and teal works on the mold, and in this instance, it does seem to work pretty well. Hunter Prime has a pretty mean look already when you think about it and applying that to an evil 'con works. Plus the wings are reminiscent of IDW Nemesis Prime, which is nice. The new head is a nice touch but I'm not one to lose it over whether Prime has a mouthplate or not.

MayzaPrime
24th October 2013, 06:37 PM
I like it, but I think that I might give it a miss... I have plenty of 'Nemesis Primes'

VGMStudios
25th October 2013, 08:26 AM
WANT IT WANT IT WANT IT WANT IT WANT IT!!!!
Looks so badass.

Shirokaze
25th October 2013, 08:52 AM
I'm a a huge sucker for black primes, so if he's out while I'm in Tokyo then I'll probably buy him :o

Sinnertwin
25th October 2013, 10:07 AM
Put me down for one too

kaiden
25th October 2013, 12:24 PM
definitely needs the chainguns upgrade.

Deonasis
25th October 2013, 02:32 PM
definitely needs the chainguns upgrade.
Ooooh.. :eek: linky linky?