PDA

View Full Version : how much will u pay for Brave Maximus C-027

kennymak167
25th July 2008, 07:53 PM
hi all.

i m looking for a Brave Maximus , but i just want to know how much is it??? and what is the reasonable price.

thx

1orion2many
25th July 2008, 08:06 PM
:)I seem to see them on a regular basis for about $600 U.S but postage is a killer. Here is the cheapest I've seen for a while http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-C-027-TAKARA-JAPAN-BRAVE-MAXIMUS-COMPLETE_W0QQitemZ220261370915

Pulse
25th July 2008, 08:22 PM
Postage might be $150-200 :( but what transfixed me with that Brave Max auction was all those friggin cable ties! :eek:
Does Brave Max really need that many to not jiggle around... :rolleyes:

GoktimusPrime
25th July 2008, 09:24 PM
I paid $400 for mine including insured postage via EMS. That was 6 years ago though so I have no idea what they're going for now. :/

Bring on Encore Fortress Maximus!

Burn
26th July 2008, 07:21 AM
I paid about $350 (with postage) about a year ago from a fellow Australian collector who unfortunately had to part with him.

Don't rush out to buy him, bide your time and watch auctions and trawl the forums for private sales.

iceburn
26th July 2008, 09:32 AM
you talking about this too??

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MIB-BRAVE-MAXIMUS-FORTRESS-MAXIMUS-reissue-R-I-D_W0QQitemZ220259403644QQihZ012QQcategoryZ49015QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hi could you please quote the postage to australia? thanks - Steve 22-Jul-08 http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/x.gif A: Shipping to Australia costs $845.00 US through Purolator only. WOW! That is not a typo. Sorry for the bad news. Thanks for your question.

1orion2many
26th July 2008, 10:59 AM
:eek::eek::eek:Why don't they they just say that I only ship locally instead of giving you a heart attack:D

dirge
26th July 2008, 09:20 PM
I actually grabbed mine from HLJ back in the day, figuring I'd never get a chance to buy the mould cheaper (retail plus postage). The dollar was in the toilet back them (like ¥60 to the dollar, now it's ¥105), cost $305 shipped.

I since paid more than double that for Fort Max, but that's beside the point.

A couple of things to keep in mind...

+ Yes, you need the cable ties. With all that mass, if the thing starts shifting around it could easily wreck the box in transit.

+ There are Japanese & Korean versions out there - the Korean version used to be a little cheaper (not sure if that's still the case). Aside from an upside-down factory applied sticker on the KR one, they're the same. Well, obviously the packaging differs :p

+ Brave Max comes with few accessories compared to Fort Max - the ramps, the cigar-gun things, but heads and the handgun for Brave (er... Cerebros). Just for people's general info :)

Zippo
26th July 2008, 09:31 PM
I luckly got mine back in 2002 before the prices hit the roof ..

Cost me about $400NZ, and I still haven't opened the shipping box.

Pulse
26th July 2008, 10:43 PM

Does that mean it's been some 6 years & you still haven't even opened the box? For shame... :rolleyes: :D

kennymak167
27th July 2008, 09:12 AM
thank you very much:)
If any one thinking for selling it, pls pm me. Thx

kup
27th July 2008, 10:11 PM
I luckly got mine back in 2002 before the prices hit the roof ..

So as far as you know there could have sent you a couple of bricks instead of the actual figure?

GoktimusPrime
28th July 2008, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I already paid Zippo out about that on #transformers (heh). For all you know it could be a 5kg lead weight in there. :p ;)

kennymak167: unless someone already has a spare Brave Maximus I don't imagine anyone want to let go of their Brave Max. I got Brave Maximus before getting Fortress Maximus but I want to keep both toys. Toywise Brave Maximus is actually a lot nicer looking than Fortress Maximus (also my own Brave Max is in much much better condition than my Fort Max :p). I only wanted a Fortress Maximus for G1 completism's sake and because I like the character from G1. Lord Zed and I saw some Prince Valiant comics at Comic Kingdom at the Sydney Meet on Saturday and we started making Fort Max (Galen) jokes about it. ;) But yeah... you should've gotten it when it was out man - and they were out for a while; I got mine as late as 2002 for just $300 for the toy (paid an extra $100 for insured* shipping though). They were relatively easy to obtain too... just not cheap (although a LOT cheaper than getting a Fortress Maximus). :D I have absolutely no idea how easy/hard it is to find a Brave Maximus now or how much they're going for... but good luck man.

______
*cos I would've been really urinated if a $300 had been lost in transit! The $100 was worth the peace of mind. :)