PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here done an AFA grading of their bots?

ChlorHex
26th July 2008, 02:37 AM
I'm seriously keen on AFA-ing my one and only remaining original Gen1 MISB bot left in my collection (the rest were sold off during desperate times :().

Has anyone done it before?
Could you give a little feedback to your experience?
How much did it set you back?

I'm doing it more for sentimental reasons as I want to preserve this baby... the sole survivor when times were hard. Heh :o

Kyle
26th July 2008, 07:14 AM
At least for Transformers, I guess these services are really only meaningful for the packaging. Can never truly grade the toy inside without taking it out and transform at least once. :p

Zippo
26th July 2008, 10:31 PM
I want to do some of my items.. but the prices to get them graded are rather steep.

Pulse
26th July 2008, 11:48 PM
I've heard (somewhere :confused:) that it can set you back some $300-400 or more...

& on occasions, people have been disappointed in that they felt as though their sealed figure deserved a higher grading than it actually received... :rolleyes:

ChlorHex
27th July 2008, 12:21 AM
I've heard (somewhere :confused:) that it can set you back some $300-400 or more...

& on occasions, people have been disappointed in that they felt as though their sealed figure deserved a higher grading than it actually received... :rolleyes:

Wowzers! :eek:
If it's that steep I think I'll pass!
I was thinking that if it's below 200 (inclusive of shipping and all) I wouldn't mind getting it graded.