PDA

View Full Version : Custom Megatron as Tank!

jaydisc
26th July 2008, 02:42 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotome/JinsDangerousToys/MegaHulk.html

Soundwarp
26th July 2008, 06:37 AM
Great worsmanship but damm he looks like a gorilla!!

Burn
26th July 2008, 08:20 AM
I rolled my eyes when I saw it on Seibertron, because as Jin called his thread "brilliant".

Sorry, but it's not. Megatron as a tank? Yeah, that's original. And the head looks too small for the body.

Frankly, "brilliant" would be taking Hulk and turning him into BM Tankor. THAT is a Hulk custom i'd love to see.

Lint
26th July 2008, 10:51 AM
HOLY SHEET, that looks awesome. Sure he's beefy and doesn't suit the typical image of megs but damn, 10 pts for awesome.

1orion2many
26th July 2008, 12:07 PM
:)I like it and the Gorilla theme suites Megs down to the ground. There's not a lot of customising but as far as I'm concerned you don't have to completely butcher a figure and rebuild it for it to be a good custom.:)

TF76
26th July 2008, 12:46 PM
I don't like it, I still can't get past the paint and the sloppy way he tries to add "realism" to his stuff.

Vector Sigma 13
26th July 2008, 08:40 PM
Great worsmanship but damm he looks like a gorilla!!

Ditto, he looks goofy- give him a banana.

dirge
26th July 2008, 09:57 PM
Okay, it's a fanjob, so I can live with the paint job etc. Even though this thing is way too bulky (it is meant to be The Hulk, not Megatron), I still much prefer Megatron like this than as a ***** nerfgun.

Pulse
26th July 2008, 11:28 PM
It's just ssssso... Bulky :rolleyes:

DigDug
27th July 2008, 10:55 AM
Whoah :eek: Megatron's feral uncle!

Seriously, I think this work _is_ brilliant compared to the official hulk model even if the knuckle-dragging fatness of the mould is a bit comical for an official Megatron

I rolled my eyes when I saw it on Seibertron, because as Jin called his thread "brilliant".

When you are a one man band, you have to do all your marketing yourself :D

Pipesqueak
27th July 2008, 09:14 PM
I can appreciate that as a sort of massive exo-suit for Megs. If Hasbro did something similar, I'd be much more tempted by that than the grey hulk repaint we're getting. The mould itself is a good'n though.

Robzy
27th July 2008, 10:05 PM
I still much prefer Megatron like this than as a ***** nerfgun.
Nerfgun or real gun... Megatron is and will always be a gun to me! ;) A tank he aint!!

PS: I'm not a fan of this custom (if you didn't already guess)

dirge
27th July 2008, 11:05 PM
Nerfgun or real gun... Megatron is and will always be a gun to me! ;) A tank he aint!!

Well, he was a tank long before someone at Hasbro decided that bright orange psuedo-guns work as Transformer alt modes. So I can live with a tank.

I'd rather Megatron as a menacing tank (cannon, plane, guard dog, whatever) than a Dayglo nerf accessory. I can deal with the fact that you like Megatron as a gun, but I just don't see a Nerfgun as a decent representation. He's meant to be the most evil guy in the universe (insert evil 80s cartoon laugh) and Hasbro relegated him to firing foam at 8 year olds?

I don't blame Hasbro for the fact that US gun laws don't allow them to do the Megatron we know from 1984, but hey I do blame them for not portraying him as a cannon, a tank or... something... menacing.

PS: I'm not a fan of this custom (if you didn't already guess)

Fair enough. For me the idea (if not the mould) is a stronger concept for a Classics Megatron than what we got.

Robzy
28th July 2008, 12:32 AM
:D I admire your passion Dirge! :)

To be fair, I agree that I would rather see Megatron as a "real" gun rather than a toy gun - but I actually don't mind the Henkei/Classics mould! (although the colours on the Henkei version are the only ones I like)