PDA

View Full Version : Target's MP04 Optimus Quality Issues (serious enough to be news-worthy)

griffin
4th July 2008, 03:13 PM
This topic is for the discussion and reporting of any QC problems with Target's MP04 (Masterpiece Optimus). It took up 58 posts in the sightings topic, so is serious enough to be a news topic.
There are way too many faulty ones being found in this batch to be coincedence. It almost looks like we are the dumping ground for all the faulty/returned ones that Hasbro/Takara didn't want to waste by destroying them.

If you have a faulty MP04, you can return it to Target for exchange or a refund.

Hopefully we can get Hasbro AU to comment on this issue as well.

etht26
19th July 2008, 12:50 PM
i've purchase one about a few weeks ago and i must say that is it's not masterpiece quality because i have the same one brought from :rolleyes:singapore and there's a big differences.. i ended up returning mine and brought another one on ebay....

:mad: very disappointing and price at $200 you'll expect something more decent.

1orion2many
19th July 2008, 11:15 PM
i've purchase one about a few weeks ago and i must say that is it's not masterpiece quality because i have the same one brought from :rolleyes:singapore and there's a big differences.. i ended up returning mine and brought another one on ebay....

:(From what people have been writing about on this board there have been quality issues with the last few batches of the MP-04. I don't know if they've changed where they get manufactured to make them cheaper or what, surely they would keep their QC up, by the looks of it they haven't. We may be the dumping ground for some bad stock, a few years ago with the UM MP-02 they didn't have any quality issues so my guess is that it's more a case of going cheaper. I believe some people have bought their MP-04 from Internet-stores and still have had the same issue.

Lint
19th July 2008, 11:53 PM

Thanks for the heads up, I havent opened the box yet so I may return it. What exactly went wrong with your masterpiece?

etht26
20th July 2008, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I havent opened the box yet so I may return it. What exactly went wrong with your masterpiece?

Well the chest panel was loose and i wasn't able to close it probably anyway. a wheel was missing. the front bar chrome was scratch and there was major problem with the paint. it was very rough.... so i had to return it like within an hour... i ended up paying an extra $50 from ebay and it was just perfect...

Lint
20th July 2008, 12:46 PM
Well the chest panel was loose and i wasn't able to close it probably anyway. a wheel was missing. the front bar chrome was scratch and there was major problem with the paint. it was very rough.... so i had to return it like within an hour... i ended up paying an extra $50 from ebay and it was just perfect...

I gave in and took my prime out for inspection. In short, yeh its not the best quality, but the paintwork is no worse than most other MP4's i've seen. I had to fiddle around quite a bit to get things to work/fit properly (my chest panel wouldn't close properly when I transformed him back to robot but I figured out how to lock it in properly).
My only REAL gripe is the leg shortening mechansim on prime's left leg. It took a bit of fiddling to even get it to work and it's still a little loose so prime stands about a mm shorter on that leg. I don't mind visual defects but mechanical ones suck. (EDIT: I've since taken apart prime's leg and fixed the defect with a little electrical tape)

If I had problems like a missing wheel I definitely would have returned it too.

Kyle
20th July 2008, 10:23 PM
a wheel was missing.

:eek:

Missing on Prime or on the trailer?

Pulse
20th July 2008, 10:34 PM
I thought they took more care when assembling MPs when compared to regular mass-release figures... :rolleyes:

Tober
20th July 2008, 10:45 PM
I think they dumped their reject stock on us. I also wonder if the packages have been double-taped. :rolleyes:

Kyle
20th July 2008, 10:48 PM
I think they dumped their reject stock on us. I also wonder if the packages have been double-taped. :rolleyes:

Actually, every single box I saw in Target was double taped. Did they insert some sort of English instructions into the box?

iceburn
20th July 2008, 10:53 PM
sifun said they did...could someone take a pic of their MP04s with what's been inserted by Hasbro from Target?

1orion2many
20th July 2008, 11:53 PM
Actually, every single box I saw in Target was double taped. Did they insert some sort of English instructions into the box?

:(I'll be inserting something somewhere if my MP is a state of disrepair:eek::D.

Tober
21st July 2008, 01:09 AM

That's a bit of a dead end then.

If a box has been double taped it can mean that it has been returned to the manufacturer, resealed and sent back out again. However if something has been noticed to be left out the box can be reopened and the missing piece inserted.

Lint
21st July 2008, 02:10 AM
sifun said they did...could someone take a pic of their MP04s with what's been inserted by Hasbro from Target?

They put in a small black card in with the instruction booklet satchel warning something to the effect of "danger! do not recharge the batteries, mix batteries of different types or short circuit your matrix my 15+ y.o friend"

They also stuck a sticker on the satchel asking you to discard it immediately otherwise your kids will choke.

Kyle
21st July 2008, 09:16 AM
:(I'll be inserting something somewhere if my MP is a state of disrepair:eek::D.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2062/2482847543_3d979b7e72.jpg?v=1210561798

(Borrowed Pulse's pic... :D)

etht26
21st July 2008, 06:27 PM

Missing on Prime or on the trailer?

on prime's front wheel. i only notice it when transforming it..

iceburn
21st July 2008, 06:51 PM
sheesh..that's bad!

Kyle
21st July 2008, 07:19 PM

Robzy
21st July 2008, 07:39 PM
This doesn't sound like good news at all! :(

valkyrie_76
21st July 2008, 11:52 PM
Hrmmm all this bad news regarding the Target MP-04. Maybe it might be alright to leave it and keep my MP-01.

STL
21st July 2008, 11:54 PM
Hrmmm all this bad news regarding the Target MP-04. Maybe it might be alright to leave it and keep my MP-01.

I'm definitely keeping mine. All the stories sound like horror stories. I'll open mine to inspect and for the trailer but definitely I intend to keep MP01. He's perfect.

etht26
22nd July 2008, 06:55 PM
I'm definitely keeping mine. All the stories sound like horror stories. I'll open mine to inspect and for the trailer but definitely I intend to keep MP01. He's perfect.

i've just finish looking at some mp's on ebay and found that mp-1 is sometimes more expensive than mp-4... how stupid is that... paying more for the same version without the trailer.... i really can't understand.

k.wong23
23rd July 2008, 03:15 PM
i've just finish looking at some mp's on ebay and found that mp-1 is sometimes more expensive than mp-4... how stupid is that... paying more for the same version without the trailer.... i really can't understand.

Optimus with wheel > Optimus missing a wheel
:p

iceburn
23rd July 2008, 03:59 PM
erm who knows..maybe that MP01 is missing a wheel too. surprises surprises

1orion2many
23rd July 2008, 04:30 PM
:)I've still got my original 20th anniversary Optimus which I am very happy with, I didn't have an issue with the short smokestacks and the quality on this figure was very good.:)

iceburn
24th July 2008, 12:31 PM
I wonder just how many MP-4s Target will actually sell?

$180-200 is not exactly a "light purchase" & I don't really think MP-4 is the best TF for someone who hasn't owned any TFs prior to that... :rolleyes:

(If I was giving someone their first TF, it would probably be Classics Voyager Prime - not MP-4 :))

don't forget about scalpers...

1orion2many
24th July 2008, 12:52 PM
:(With the quality issues of this item you may even find the Scalpers having second thoughts:D.

Robzy
24th July 2008, 12:56 PM
Well, I was going to buy one during the sale - but after all the issues, I decided to put it back!

sanbot
24th July 2008, 10:30 PM
Hey all,

I finally got my MP04 today!

But excitement turned to slight disappointment as I realised what some people have been saying about the quality.

But I still want to keep it!

However, my optimus has a thumb missing!!! :mad: And I want to go replace it. Would I be able to do that?

iceburn
24th July 2008, 10:48 PM
Hey all,

But excitement turned to slight disappointment as I realised what some people have been saying about the quality.

However, my optimus has a thumb missing!!! :mad: And I want to go replace it. Would I be able to do that?

oh no!!

Trailer Park Ninja
24th July 2008, 11:01 PM
I've got my MP04 on layby at Target. With all these QC issues I've been hearing on the forum, I'm not feeling real confident about mine :(

Lint
24th July 2008, 11:08 PM
Hey all,

Thumb missing?!? :eek:
Personally i'd go buy another one, take it home and check if its ok, then return the thumb missing one.

I've got two of them now, the worst I can say about mine are imperfect paintwork and loose fitting left legs.

Though I have to say, you know QC is bad when you find two stat cards with ur instructions instead of one :p

(EDIT: Ohhh the engrish)

Pulse
24th July 2008, 11:23 PM
I got mine from RK a couple of months ago for not much more than what Target has them & I can't find anything faulty with my MP-4 at all... :)

How can TakaraTomy make one great production run of MP-4s & a seemingly less-than-great production run a short time later... :confused:

sanbot
24th July 2008, 11:32 PM
all is well in the universe and balance has been restored

yes thats right, shazam realised that Castle hill target opens till midnight so shazam went and replaced his broken prime with another one! :D

Paulbot
24th July 2008, 11:36 PM
I've got my MP04 on layby at Target. With all these QC issues I've been hearing on the forum, I'm not feeling real confident about mine :(

Me too....

Kyle
24th July 2008, 11:40 PM
Though I have to say, you know QC is bad when they give you find two stat cards with ur instructions instead of one :p

Somewhere in Australia, some guy is probably missing a stat card... :p

Kyle
24th July 2008, 11:42 PM
So... we have a missing hydraulic, a missing front wheel, and now a missing thumb. I wonder what will be next?

iceburn
24th July 2008, 11:49 PM
I wonder what will be next?

*raises his hands*
Missing Trailer? or missing roller *erm, okay..that's silly*

1orion2many
25th July 2008, 12:26 AM
:eek:I hope Op's isn't missing some nuts:p:D

darockk
25th July 2008, 12:53 AM
lol my friend just bought one from target, he said when he transformed it he was shocked to see that one of the front tyres was missing

luckily my junker 20th anniversary prime has a few spare parts left on him yet

Stompy
25th July 2008, 02:23 AM
All these QC problems got me worried. Especially the missing wheel. How does that escape QC? Anywya, checked it all, and it seems to be fine. All wheels are in place and the windshield/chest opens and closes all well aligned (unlike my DVD Prime).

kay-al
25th July 2008, 09:23 AM
So... we have a missing hydraulic, a missing front wheel, and now a missing thumb. I wonder what will be next?

I got one with a missing front light.....

Robzy
25th July 2008, 12:11 PM
So, um... what's the general consensus with this thing?

Is it worth getting? Or are the QC problems just too much, not to mention too frequent? QC problems Vs the price?

At this stage, I'm only considering getting him because the box is so nice (what a ridiculous reason :rolleyes:)

I'm very undecided... I'd love to hear what others think in regard to the above questions... :)

darockk
25th July 2008, 12:15 PM
I got one with a missing front light.....

jesus u serious? can i see a picture?

at this failure rate someone can make money by buying a cheap dvd prime and selling off the parts!

darockk
25th July 2008, 12:17 PM
So, um... what's the general consensus with this thing?

Is it worth getting? Or are the QC problems just too much, not to mention too frequent? QC problems Vs the price?

At this stage, I'm only considering getting him because the box is so nice (what a ridiculous reason :rolleyes:)

I'm very undecided... I'd love to hear what others think in regard to the above questions... :)

Well put it this way, If you plan on keeping it MISB all its life, it can be missing both legs for all you know but that wont matter one little bit as no one, including yourself, will ever know about it.

kay-al
25th July 2008, 01:05 PM
jesus u serious? can i see a picture?

at this failure rate someone can make money by buying a cheap dvd prime and selling off the parts!

I didn't take a photo- once I saw it, I packed, I went, and I exchanged!!!

Even with the exchanged one, the paintjob is crap.....

Kyle
25th July 2008, 01:06 PM
So far we have:

a missing hydraulic,
a missing front wheel,
a missing thumb,
a missing front tyre,
a missing front light...

This list is on fire~! :o

iceburn
25th July 2008, 01:08 PM
So far we have:

a missing hydraulic,
a missing front wheel,
a missing thumb,
a missing front tyre,
a missing front light...

Can we have the state and member name beside?

darockk
25th July 2008, 01:22 PM
So far we have:

a missing hydraulic,
a missing front wheel,
a missing thumb,
a missing front tyre, ACT, darockk
a missing front light...

well it was actually my friends. I havent opened mine yet and i dont think i want to anymore. They sold out at the target here so there's no returning option for me!

griffin
25th July 2008, 02:35 PM
Maybe they are disappearing from the shelves so fast because Target are removing them or exchanging them due to QC problems.
It's almost like these are all the rejected returns from the (first/only?) production run, and Hasbro AU and Target got stuck with them by accident/intentionally by Takaratomy. Or someone at Hasbro told them not to waste throwing them away, that they could make a few dollars selling them off in a backwater western market.

iceburn
25th July 2008, 03:24 PM
is it possible to ask Hasbro Australia why this is happening?

Robzy
25th July 2008, 09:12 PM
is it possible to ask Hasbro Australia why this is happening?And to also ask if we can exchange it with them (if it's got QC problems, and the store has sold out!)??? :confused:

TF76
25th July 2008, 10:14 PM
Wow, I take back what I said on the other thread. Maybe we are getting bad ones.

The few I have seen were all ok, the chrome wasn't great on some of the smoke stacks but that isn't an issue to me it goes eventually anyway.

You can cancel laybys at target or you can buy the toy and refund it.

If there is stock Target should let you inspect the replacement at the service counter.

Hasbro did call me a couple of times when I couldn't get an animated bee to replace my faulty one so it's worth asking.

TF76
25th July 2008, 10:36 PM
Maybe someone lucky enough to exchange their prime, or even someone just after a refund, will discover the parts other members are missing magically disapear from their toy too. Maybe that person could post the magical self removing parts to wanting members?

Lenneth
25th July 2008, 10:51 PM
Wow reading this thread is scary. but I still went ahead and bought one today at Indooroopilly Target. it seems quite fine to me but I havent looed at teh traileryet. Don't give up hope you won't get a complete one!

valkyrie_76
25th July 2008, 10:59 PM
Hrmmm not looking good for the Target MP-04. Well I got two on layby today (last two in store at Rockingham) so it would be interesting when I pick them up in two weeks if they are missing anything.

Lint
25th July 2008, 11:07 PM
Maybe they are disappearing from the shelves so fast because Target are removing them or exchanging them due to QC problems.
It's almost like these are all the rejected returns from the (first/only?) production run, and Hasbro AU and Target got stuck with them by accident/intentionally by Takaratomy. Or someone at Hasbro told them not to waste throwing them away, that they could make a few dollars selling them off in a backwater western market.

Whats more likely is that MP4's are returned/unsold MP1's that just got boxed with the new fandangled trailer. I suspect so because the new fandangled trailers are immaculate and I haven't heard much wrong about them.

Trailer Park Ninja
26th July 2008, 12:23 AM
Wow, I take back what I said on the other thread. Maybe we are getting bad ones.

The few I have seen were all ok, the chrome wasn't great on some of the smoke stacks but that isn't an issue to me it goes eventually anyway.

You can cancel laybys at target or you can buy the toy and refund it.

If there is stock Target should let you inspect the replacement at the service counter.

Hasbro did call me a couple of times when I couldn't get an animated bee to replace my faulty one so it's worth asking.

Thanks for your response. I'll give this a go tomorrow.

TF76
26th July 2008, 12:41 PM
I would be interested in a list of people with and without major issues, not just paint or somthing anal. Just to get an idea of how wide spread the problems really are.

Mine was fine.

jaydisc
26th July 2008, 12:47 PM
I've got one that seems quite fine. The red paint on the two cab windshield halves doesn't match, but that's it. However, I have no point of reference (My 1st MP). Perhaps STL or someone else that's seen mine can comment on their more experienced thoughts.

I have another that I'll be opening shortly and will report back on.

iceburn
26th July 2008, 06:21 PM
I've just opened the spare i've bought from Target...

Besides, the minor paintjob and machine mark problems seen in other figures
Nothing seems wrong with the Prime figure, no missing parts.
I might be wrong as I have not taken it out entirely.

etht26
26th July 2008, 08:44 PM
well.... i think that is not worth it in no means because even the box was strap with security devices and that really stuff up the box hardcore.... it looks worst than second hand.... man target has no idea what their doing..

dirge
26th July 2008, 09:54 PM
Whether this is a batch of defectives or just a batch of shocking QC, TakaraTomy should be ashamed of themselves for producing/selling this lot.

The stupid make-up gun battle damage on my 20th Anniversary Prime never looked so good :eek:

DigDug
26th July 2008, 10:14 PM
After all this commotion about QC I opened my MP4 and transformed him just to make sure nothing was awry...

Unfortunately, it seems that he is like the majority of Target's offering, a very rough example. This guy has patchier paint than any of the Titanium 6" figures I have ever seen - and that is saying a lot! The trailer, by contrast, is indeed as close to perfect as plastic goods get :confused: At least he is anatomically correct but for $200 I expected the toy to exceed the fit and finish of more expensive mainstream lines like the binaltech series rather than aim for 'classics' quality :mad:

Robzy
27th July 2008, 01:29 AM
The stupid make-up gun battle damage on my 20th Anniversary Prime never looked so good :eek:10/10 :D

JuzMel
27th July 2008, 03:31 PM
I got mine from RK a couple of months ago for not much more than what Target has them & I can't find anything faulty with my MP-4 at all... :)

How can TakaraTomy make one great production run of MP-4s & a seemingly less-than-great production run a short time later... :confused:
Yeah I bought mine from RK during the first re-release as well and apart from a tiny scratch on one of his arms, Prime is seemingly quite perfect in all other ways.

I have a feeling that Target sort of made a deal with (Whoever the wholesaler was) to agree and buy the whole bulk of rejects or something at a way cheaper price hoping that consumers won't realised the defaults. But honestly missing wheels and thumbs are things way to obvious not to realise!

iceburn
27th July 2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah I bought mine from RK during the first re-release as well and apart from a tiny scratch on one of his arms, Prime is seemingly quite perfect in all other ways.

That is one of those battle damage marks wah....the one i just opened has it too..so i guess that's a standard feature.

gamblor916
27th July 2008, 06:19 PM
My first one had the dodgy front panels but my second from the current Target batch seems ok. I haven't transformed it but the only thing I can see is it has a wonky left leg tank.

Geminii
27th July 2008, 06:39 PM

*beep*

"Um, Elita? Yeah, hi, Optimus here. Uh... did I... ah... leave anything at your place last time I was there? Just checking. Call me."

*beep*

Kyle
27th July 2008, 08:35 PM
*beep*

"Um, Elita? Yeah, hi, Optimus here. Uh... did I... ah... leave anything at your place last time I was there? Just checking. Call me."

*beep*

They play rough... :o

kup
29th July 2008, 01:07 PM
I better check mine, I only took him out of the box once at Darren's house.

He did seem to have cheap paint but no different to my original MP-01 however it was intact and there wasn't anything wrong with him upfront.

My original MP-01 came with a loose leg joint which I have not been able to secure due to the nature of it but it holds in place thansk to the plastic waist tabs. The paint over time begun to chip, particularly on the Blue die cast legs with a little bit on the red.

From the looks of it, it seems that MP-01 suffers from the same issues as MP-04. This is why I am reluctant to sell MP-01 and prefer to keep MP-04 in box.

STL
29th July 2008, 05:10 PM
Ican't even find a MP-04 to check out the quality atm.

iceburn
29th July 2008, 05:19 PM
don't you have 1 on layby? can't you check yours?

STL
29th July 2008, 05:45 PM
I do but i haven't asked to check mine nor did i think to when i put it on layby

jaydisc
29th July 2008, 07:50 PM
I just opened my 2nd, which is a bit better than the 1st, which as said are both seemingly fine to me. The 2nd doesn't have the subtle mismatched red on the two chest cab windows.

Regardless of QC, I find this toy so scarred by its abysmal alt mode. How could they not make the front of a red-box-and-wheels flush? Pathetic!

Tiby
29th July 2008, 09:59 PM
This is simply inexcusable. With the portrayal of the toy on the box and the fact that it is called "Masterpiece", we are being far too forgiving. I had toyed with the idea of getting one but now I am most certainly not.

If you were looking for one of these second hand and they had those defects, you would expect to pay far less than new price, yet Target (and comrades) are clearly screwing their customers here.

This has Fair Trading written all over it in my opinion.

jaydisc
29th July 2008, 10:04 PM
This has Fair Trading written all over it in my opinion.

C'mon Tiby!!! Class Action Suit!!!!

Lint
29th July 2008, 10:17 PM
Regardless of QC, I find this toy so scarred by its abysmal alt mode. How could they not make the front of a red-box-and-wheels flush? Pathetic!

Are you talking about the front window panels?

jaydisc
29th July 2008, 10:36 PM
Are you talking about the front window panels?

No. Talking about these bits:

http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/r_mp4convoy045.jpg

Lint
29th July 2008, 11:50 PM
I agree, kind of had me miffed while I was finishing transforming him. Wouldn't have been hard for them to resize that panel during the design phase.

darockk
30th July 2008, 01:43 PM
ive just opened my mp-04, without taking him from the cable ties, everything appears to be ok. Tiny paint chip on the top corner of the chest plate, but my mp-01 had the same thing. also the left gas tank on the leg seems to be protruding out a bit furthur than it should althought this could be due to the cable tie touching it.

chest plates line up properly. all fingers in place, 2 front wheels are tucked inside, paint work is as good as mp-01.

Trailer is perfect enough. (although there's probably the slightest gap on the top when you close it up) The trailer is much better than i thought and well worth paying extra for over the cardboard one.

The_Damned
30th July 2008, 04:04 PM
i got got my mum to get one from sydney and they only had one left target liverpool and the box was pretty dinged up, so on the way home she happened to call into shellharbour target and she said there were heaps there maybe 20 and went through the whole lot and found the one with nicest box and exchanged it. finally got my hands on it this afternoon and it is in pretty nice condition with only a couple of tiny paintchip's with nothing missing over all i am very happy with it.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h117/THE_DAMNED666/IMG_2596.jpg
Sweet
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h117/THE_DAMNED666/IMG_2598.jpg
Masterpiece Shelf

ok i missed the little scratches on the trailer but they arn't really noticeable

kup
30th July 2008, 07:59 PM
I have checked my MP-4 and he seems to be 'ok' overall. He still has some issues such as some badly applied paint on the corner of a door which looks almost as if it had been done by hand as well as the same door having chipped paint in the corners but aside from that he seems ok. I checked all the wheels and fingers and its all present.

Now, the issues that I have seem to be fairly minor compared to the issues you guys have experienced but I am still debating within myself if I should exchange it.

I probably shouldn't as the risks of getting something with worse QC are pretty high and I can't really be constantly returning figures until I score a good one specially since i don't live all that close to a Target.

Kyle
30th July 2008, 08:15 PM
It seems if you have no missing part then your MP-4 is already exceptional... :o

roller
30th July 2008, 09:20 PM
my advice

wait for Mp-11, Mp-22, MP-27, MP-28

we just know they are going to milk this mould and re re re re re release it over and over and over and over and over again.

Hopefully for those that want it, it will be rereleased later on with better quality

Golden Phoenix
30th July 2008, 10:27 PM
Mine is alright. A couple of spots here or there, nothing noticeable, unless your from CSI and can spot a small scratch from across the room

liegeprime
1st August 2008, 12:26 AM
Thank goodness the one I bought and split with gamblor is ok! As the things simply vanished from the shelf after the sale... looking at the MP shelf of The Damned had me chuckling to see MP Megsy all locked up like a convict:D, ah the crazy laws we have here....

optimus1
1st August 2008, 02:45 PM
Hey guys

I just put a deposit on mine for laybuy at Target today, i got the lady at the counter to open it for me because I was worried about all the problems going on.

I told her the box was double taped and looked like it was previously opened, and there didnt appear to be any problems when we opened it. Only a bit of an imperfect finish on front panels but looked alright.

Here's hoping when i finish payment and pick it up thats there's no probs!

iceburn
1st August 2008, 02:57 PM
it was already double taped by Hasbro so that's normal...

Paulbot
3rd August 2008, 09:23 PM
I opened mine today and it all looked fine... until I started transforming it.

One of the headlights is completely missing:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3011/2728059456_9433492419.jpg

The legs are also incredibly stiff to transform but I don't know if this is a QC problem or not, but I'm hesitant to use excessive force(tm) I think my Hasbro Prime has the same issue.

I can't be bothered packing it all up again and taking it back when there are none others to replace it with. Prime looks fine in robot mode so I'll leave him like that.

I was thinking maybe Ozformers as a group needs to buy one and use it as a junker to fix all the others..?!?

Kyle
3rd August 2008, 10:02 PM
I was thinking maybe Ozformers as a group needs to buy one and use it as a junker to fix all the others..?!?

I guess buying one of the Hasbro short-stack versions for parts would be the most viable option at the moment? Maybe make up a list like so?

Head lights (2)
Paulbot x 1

Right thumb (1)

Left thumb (1)

Front wheels (2)

Back wheels (4)

gamblor916
4th August 2008, 09:44 AM
That's pretty worrying Paulbot. I have yet to transform mine so I have to look at it when I get home.

iceburn
4th August 2008, 09:51 AM
I opened mine today and it all looked fine... until I started transforming it.

One of the headlights is completely missing:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3011/2728059456_9433492419.jpg

The legs are also incredibly stiff to transform but I don't know if this is a QC problem or not, but I'm hesitant to use excessive force(tm) I think my Hasbro Prime has the same issue.

I can't be bothered packing it all up again and taking it back when there are none others to replace it with. Prime looks fine in robot mode so I'll leave him like that.

oh oh..got to double check my figure now

griffin
4th August 2008, 01:12 PM
Can't you find any at any Target store anymore Paul? You should be able to exchange it at any Target store, especially if you still have the receipt. I've done that before, just because I didn't want to travel all the way back to the store of purchase.

sifun
4th August 2008, 01:21 PM
if you're going to do the exchange, do it with mine. Mine has crappy paint apps.. I haven't checked if its complete or not though.
Otherwise I can't be bothered to lugg that heavy thing around

darockk
4th August 2008, 01:53 PM
Can someone please tell me how you're supposed to remove one of the wheels off of prime? Seems to be on there permanantly.

Paulbot
4th August 2008, 04:14 PM
Can't you find any at any Target store anymore Paul? You should be able to exchange it at any Target store, especially if you still have the receipt. I've done that before, just because I didn't want to travel all the way back to the store of purchase.

I probably could but I can live with it, and maybe someone customising a MP Prime might have one to spare.

The problem with the fault I had is that you can't see it without pulling the toy completely out of the packaging. I opened the box checked thumbs, accessories, working chest light, wheels all looked fine so I left the shopping centre. Even pulled out and playing with it I didn't notice until the transformation. :rolleyes:

Because it looks fine in Robot mode which is the better mode IMHO, I'm happy not to swap.

Can someone please tell me how you're supposed to remove one of the wheels off of prime? Seems to be on there permanantly.

Why do you want to? :confused:

kup
4th August 2008, 04:27 PM
I probably could but I can live with it, and maybe someone customising a MP Prime might have one to spare.

The problem with the fault I had is that you can't see it without pulling the toy completely out of the packaging. I opened the box checked thumbs, accessories, working chest light, wheels all looked fine so I left the shopping centre. Even pulled out and playing with it I didn't notice until the transformation. :rolleyes:

Because it looks fine in Robot mode which is the better mode IMHO, I'm happy not to swap.

If I see any of the mold releases as a junker at the fair I will buy it for you. I think I saw one last time but I am unsure. It was the pink DVD Prime (which I hate :) ) would have the part although I may need to paint it a brick red so it fits properly with MP-1.

dirge
4th August 2008, 07:43 PM
Between Greenscream's far-too-soft plastic and the littany of errors and defects in MP-04, the Masterspiece line is failing to live up to it's name. If I spent $180-200 and found my toy was straight out defective, I'd be shattered :(

MV75
4th August 2008, 08:30 PM
Yep, I still believe that the first MP was the best ever released, and the 2nd one the next best. Everything after was pure balls. In a way I really hope that the next one is not Grimlock. They should do ultramagnus with trailer/armor.
________
Herbalaire vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/herbalaire-vaporizer)

darockk
5th August 2008, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darockk

because i'm trying to remove a wheel from a junker and attach it to a good prime with a missing wheel :)