PDA

View Full Version : KO Classics Jetfire

griffin
8th November 2013, 07:54 AM
Not sure how long this has been around for, but since the official figure is still currently in release (in Asia), I thought I'd mention this one which I just saw on ebay.

In box it is obviously a "cheap Chinese fake", as it borrows the TF Movie theme, but avoids using "Transformers" words. (it has some nice "Engrish" on it though)
Out of box, this figure is also different to the real thing (it might even be over-sized too), but if sold loose on ebay, any photos might not make it look obvious that this is a fake.

After all, it has the red & white colours for the Jetfire character... and there are now several official ones now out there with different colour patterns.

(link is just for reference (http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRANSFORMERS-CLASSIC-UNIVERSE-2-0-JETFIRE-KO-NEW-MISB-/161127658728), I'm not promoting the item - please don't buy it)

It just goes to show that sellers know that ebay doesn't even bother with removing KOs anymore, because this one didn't even try to hide the fact that it is a Knock Off, even so far as calling it one in the actual title.

techx
8th November 2013, 10:08 AM
The unit looks good from afar but up close shows a lot of differences in terms of the arms, head sculpt and colouring. I believe the quality of the plastic also would be bad as well.

I was lucky enough to get one from a fellow TF fan in mint condition and it was truly a good buy.

CBratron
8th November 2013, 11:33 AM
I like how they include "KO" and "MISB" in the listing as if they mean anything when put together.

Cat
8th November 2013, 03:02 PM
I almost want it just for the fantastic box text.