PDA

View Full Version : In package images of Deluxe GEN wave 7.

DELTAprime
11th November 2013, 05:56 PM
Just found Seibertron has in package images of Generations Deluxe Wave 7 courtesy of RK.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/inpackage-images-transformers-generations-30th-anniversary-deluxe-waspinator-goldfire-skids-and-dreadwing/28762/

I find it interesting that Dreadwing has G2 faction symbols. Seems odd, I didn't expect a figure targeted at todays kids to have a throwback to the 90s.

Verno
11th November 2013, 07:16 PM
Since when do toys come displayed in their robot mode in-package? I'm not fussed about the G1-esque guys, but Waspy looks odd. So much space in that bubble.

DELTAprime
11th November 2013, 07:19 PM
Since when do toys come displayed in their robot mode in-package?

For a year or so. They started with FoC toys.

MayzaPrime
11th November 2013, 07:53 PM
According to RK these guys should be out by the end of the month :D

Can't wait

Starscream77
11th November 2013, 08:07 PM
Already pre ordered mine

Skids is the must have of this bunch

Sinnertwin
11th November 2013, 08:14 PM
Since when do toys come displayed in their robot mode in-package?

Since 1985 :)
WFC/FoC has the robot mode packaging as the preferred choice and this has carried through to the new Generations line

Autocon
11th November 2013, 09:00 PM
Will waspy be sold here in Aus?

Firestorm
11th November 2013, 09:11 PM
Will waspy be sold here in Aus?

no definitive answer yet I think, but based on Australia's track record with transformers lately, I wouldn't count on it. but anything it possible.
personally I'm not gonna take my chances and just buy it online

techx
11th November 2013, 09:17 PM
Skids does look good. Hope to see it by Xmas in the stores :)

Cat
12th November 2013, 03:58 AM
RTS Voyagers also shipped in robot mode.

Ode to a Grasshopper
12th November 2013, 08:41 AM
In-hand images of Skids and Waspinator courtesy of seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-generations-30th-anniversary-deluxe-waspinator-and-skids-inhand/28764/).

Verno
12th November 2013, 08:05 PM
Waspy looks nice, though he'll be slightly outnumbered given we already have Henkei Dinobot and Cheetor to go with Rhinox and (possibly) Rattrap. He needs some Pred buddies *cough* Tarantulas *cough*.

GoktimusPrime
12th November 2013, 11:31 PM
I find it interesting that Dreadwing has G2 faction symbols. Seems odd, I didn't expect a figure targeted at todays kids to have a throwback to the 90s.
As opposed to toys targeted at kids today being throwbacks to the 80s. :p :p :p </cheek>

I suppose one thing to consider is that the children who grew up with Transformers in the early to mid 90s (i.e. the "G2 generation") are now in that 20-something age bracket where they're working but unattached in terms of marriage, mortgage etc., so they've got this disposable income that can be exploited. The other thing is that this toy would've been very cheap for Hasbro to develop because it's just a redeco of Megatron. And unlike the BotCon G2 figures, the retooled head was created concurrently with the original Megatron mould. And of course, the toy is being mass produced for the regular retail market.

personally I'm not gonna take my chances and just buy it online
I really wish Hasbro AU were more reliable. :(

Hursticon
13th November 2013, 02:36 AM
Argh! :eek:
Wazzzzzpinator also needs to be in my hands immediately! :D

Verno
13th November 2013, 11:28 AM
Argh! :eek:
Wazzzzzpinator also needs to be in my hands immediately! :D

They can't be far away from hitting stores mate. BBTS still has them as a November release, so hopefully by this time next month we'll be recreating the scene from 'Chain of Command' at the Standing Stones! :cool:

DELTAprime
13th November 2013, 11:59 AM
As opposed to toys targeted at kids today being throwbacks to the 80s. :p :p :p </cheek>

Kids today know about the 80's characters thanks to a little thing called reruns. I have younger cousins that know about G1, and I didn't introduce them to it. On the other hand when was the last time you saw the G2 cartoon or comics?

Hursticon
13th November 2013, 12:47 PM
They can't be far away from hitting stores mate. BBTS still has them as a November release, so hopefully by this time next month we'll be recreating the scene from 'Chain of Command' at the Standing Stones! :cool:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Crap/vlcsnap-2013-11-13-12h40m10s54_zpsf58b739e.png

;):D

Mythirax
13th November 2013, 01:26 PM
Hot damn, I love how skids looks!

liegeprime
13th November 2013, 05:52 PM
Like the look on Skids, he's the last of the Diaclone originated car mould that I bought for G1...He gets so little exposure, thank goodness the current IDWverse pulls out characters (such as him) from obscurity and gives em awesomesauce characterization (well sorta). That toy is really packing in the ammo!

Funny how there's not much difference in the look of Waspy from his original BW toy. guess there's little to improve on a n originally nice toy hehehe. Other than make it slimmer so it'll match the CGI look. Wish they'd do that for an updated Blackarachnia figure when they eventually get around to making one... and a Car Arcee :p. The original looked bulky masculine.

Quickstrike
13th November 2013, 09:27 PM
In-hand images of Skids and Waspinator courtesy of seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-generations-30th-anniversary-deluxe-waspinator-and-skids-inhand/28764/).

Give them to meeeeeeee.

MayzaPrime
13th November 2013, 09:44 PM
Like the look on Skids, he's the last of the Diaclone originated car mould that I bought for G1...He gets so little exposure, thank goodness the current IDWverse pulls out characters (such as him) from obscurity and gives em awesomesauce characterization (well sorta). That toy is really packing in the ammo!

Funny how there's not much difference in the look of Waspy from his original BW toy. guess there's little to improve on a n originally nice toy hehehe. Other than make it slimmer so it'll match the CGI look. Wish they'd do that for an updated Blackarachnia figure when they eventually get around to making one... and a Car Arcee :p. The original looked bulky masculine.

Skids is awesome in the IDW comics... I also hope they make a Getaway toy to partner him.

I would love more Beast Wars Generations figures. I think Dinobot needs a voyager figure

Omega Metro
13th November 2013, 09:57 PM
Hot damn, I love how skids looks!

Finally someone with taste. Can't wait to replace movie Skids with this!:)

BigTransformerTrev
14th November 2013, 03:09 PM
Already pre ordered mine

Skids is the must have of this bunch

Ditto and Ditto :)

Ravagecat
14th November 2013, 05:45 PM
Waspy looks nice, though he'll be slightly outnumbered given we already have Henkei Dinobot and Cheetor to go with Rhinox and (possibly) Rattrap. He needs some Pred buddies *cough* Tarantulas *cough*.

Tarantulas would be nice or a modern design Blackarachnia :cool: Hell even Inferno would make for an awesome modern makeover :D The Royalty commands it! :D