PDA

View Full Version : SDCC Hasbro TFs product panel.

sifun
27th July 2008, 11:01 AM
guys if you haven't noticed they have the 25th anni pics up

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/hasbro-transformers-panel-sdcc---live-165465/

CYCLONUS looks awesome! INFERNO, HOUND ZOMG
lol no 25th hotshot in site though... (thank god)

kup
27th July 2008, 12:18 PM
I am loving that Cyclonus! Its fantastic.

Hound looks pretty decent too if a bit lanky, I like Ravage but still don't get why he connects to Hound.

I was surprised by Cheetor as I was expecting him to be Beast Machines, not Beast Wars. However I can't say that I like what they did, the original mold seems like a better tlooking toy although they did improve the Beast Mode conciderably.

I am pretty neutral about the Legends G2 Megatron and Jazz. I may or may not get them. However I am loving Cosmos and Beachcomber mainly due to the characters.

Inferno is absolutely great! I thought they were going the non G1 way but I am glad to be wrong!

Activator Cliffjumper's head doesn't look very good.

Another thing they should have asked Archer is if in the final release of 25th Anni Prime, the smokestaks are going to be cut.

jaydisc
27th July 2008, 01:49 PM
Lovin' pics of the new stuff. Hound and Ravage look great as does Cyclonus, although not as good as Jizatoys... I'd like to see alt mode without the targetmaster blocking my view.

The unique Legends are great, i.e. Cosmos and Beachcomber. I'm not too interested in non-unique ones (e.g. Hound, Bumblebee). Inferno is a nice surprise (where's da ladder at?).

I like Animated Cliffjumper a lot. He does have a plump face, but admittedly, I'm happy with any non-Bumblebee face.

Pulse
27th July 2008, 01:53 PM
Cyclonus & Hound = :cool:

Inferno is a great suprise... :)

Argh! How are we supposed to wait 'til next year for these awesome figures... :rolleyes: :D

Zippo
27th July 2008, 02:46 PM
Hound and Cyc look pretty sweet, Ravage looks excellent while Inferno and Cheetor are a bit of a disapointment.

Not sure about the legends figures, Cosmos and Beachcomber look good, the other two not so.

Verno
27th July 2008, 03:46 PM
Yay for giving a nod to Beast Wars but by the rings of Saturn, how sh!t does Cheetor :eek::(:confused::mad:look?!

Tober
27th July 2008, 04:10 PM
I'm happy to see Ravage looking good. Pity I have to buy Hound to get it tho. :(

The rest look ok, but not something I want to persue.

MV75
27th July 2008, 04:14 PM
Ok, first impressions:

Hound: Disappointing. Got too much "skinny waist syndrome", and looks too "hummer" and not enough "jeep". Big plastic wheels also look like arse. And the transformation looks "cheap". Look at the head, looks like it's just on the back of that bonnet panel.

Seriously, they should have just redone alternator hound and included the shoulder missle launcher. That thing, aside from the original toy, is what hound should be.

Cyclonus: Ok, but the legs should have been under, not on top of the jet danggit.

Legends: All good except bumblebee. Looks like animated bumblebee, not anything before. Oh, cosmos' tailfin looks out of place too. I'll call him "jetson mobile". :D

Original beastwars cheetor looks miles better. This one looks like he's had a saddle on too long and has deformed his back. :D

Inferno: gave it a second look, looks pretty good.
________
Silver Surfer Reviews (http://vaporizers.net/silver-surfer-vaporizer)

SilverDragon
27th July 2008, 05:51 PM
Cheetor looks, well, deformed and sort of Beast Machines-ish, but I'm still getting him. My inner Beast Wars fanboy isn't going to let me past him if I have the money. :D

autobreadticon
27th July 2008, 05:59 PM
Anything different for this version of Prime?

Tober
27th July 2008, 06:16 PM
Anything different for this version of Prime?

Looks like the package includes an Autobot shield (with belt clip), Issue #1 Marvel comic and More Than Meets the Eye DVD.
Not sure what's on the DVD. Maybe just the first 3 G1 Eps.
Not sure if Roller is blue or silver/grey either.

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=9906&pic=DSCF3555.JPG&dispsize=800&start=20

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=9863&dispsize=800&start=0

kup
27th July 2008, 06:31 PM
Original beastwars cheetor looks miles better. This one looks like he's had a saddle on too long and has deformed his back. :D

Yeah, I didn't totally notice his back. I still applaud the Beast mode as it is an attempt of making him look more like a Cheetah and less like a tiger but I think they did go over the top with it and looks exagerated.

Pulse
27th July 2008, 07:01 PM
I wonder if they expect older Transfans (like us :)) to pick up this 25th Anniversary Prime or is it about introducing G1 Prime to a new audience? :rolleyes:

kup
27th July 2008, 07:51 PM
I wonder if they expect older Transfans (like us :)) to pick up this 25th Anniversary Prime or is it about introducing G1 Prime to a new audience? :rolleyes:

I think they expect everyone to pick up one for the sole reason that its a 25th anniversary special. Even though I pretty much already have everything within that box minus the voice box. I am sure that plenty of fans out there are in the same situation.

griffin
27th July 2008, 07:54 PM
More pictures here as well:
http://tformers.com:80/ig.php?mode=album&album=9906&start=0

kup
27th July 2008, 07:57 PM
They have to do something about Brawn's face.

Paulbot
27th July 2008, 08:08 PM
Are Shockwave and Longarm the same toy? They appear to be... which means it's a four changer? Awesome.

Tober
27th July 2008, 08:12 PM
Are Shockwave and Longarm the same toy?

Yes.

I might actually crack and buy that one, but his alt modes are kinda odd...

Kyle
27th July 2008, 08:33 PM
Longarm/Shockwave is a must-have. They're all awesome (except for most of the repaints). My wallet will not be happy. :(

autobreadticon
27th July 2008, 09:13 PM
i knew swindle as a deluxe toy would fail, the proportions (looks like length is too short) are wrong

Verno
27th July 2008, 09:23 PM
Cheetor looks, well, deformed and sort of Beast Machines-ish, but I'm still getting him. My inner Beast Wars fanboy isn't going to let me past him if I have the money. :D

Mine is.

griffin
27th July 2008, 09:26 PM
So that's 2 years in a row that we weren't allowed to take photos at BotCon so that SDCC gets all the extra publicity of first public broadcasting of images. If they prevent us again next year at BotCon, I'll certainly be disputing it. :mad:

Good to at least have pics of those future toy items out for the rest of you guys to drool over. :)

Cheetor doesn't look as good up close as I remembered it, which is a bit of a pity for the whole point of the Anniversary line (super cool new designs).

Inferno looks a little boring and too bricky, but something still makes me like it. (shrug)
Cosmos doesn't work for me though, and Beachcomber's arms and hands bug me.

I guess at least Hasbro have been listening to the fan complaints about Cliffjumper always being just a straight Bumblebee recolour in recent years. :)

Longarm and Shockwave look like the same toy, or something like Gen1 Punch/Counterpunch, but it is difficult to tell from the photos if they are supposed to be the one toy in two slides, or two different toys from the one mould.

Shadowblade Megatron is another disappointingly pointless recolour for making money of the same large size mould.

griffin
27th July 2008, 09:31 PM
And some brief details on the Q&A at the panel:
http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=9906

(A lot of typos in this, so it can be a little confusing)

Q&A

Any more Master Pieces coming?
They are aware of them, but no plans coming just yet.

13 Origins Comic Figures?
News to come as they get into to the comic.

Arcee figure?
Some things in the works that they cannot talk about.
They know the love - and want to answer "where are the women?"

Season 3 of Animated green-light?
Very clear they are working on next, but not announced yet.
Wreckgar toy coming...

Anymore Combiners?
Always possible - no plans to do a the ones that do now.

Can you amke Seaspry look cool?
We tried to a copuple time, but they will see.

Voyager Bonecrusher?
Would love to more... not yet.

Can we get a Robot heroes set of Sari and BB?
They have been drawn up, when it makes sense in real product, Hasbro will find away.

Why the Universe line?
was a great opp to do new things, as a stand alone series, with new forums and updated character. Address fan wants.

A new Wheeljack Figure?
No ready to talk about it.

Any more IDW toys?
Always looking to cross-pollinate, comic is importan to get the stories out,
As they make new ones, we look for ways to make more.

Starscream has a change, the forgotten logo will be added.

No plans for Human Animated toys yet.

Bring Back Alternators!
We know there is a lot love, wait and see, (suggesting something will come)

Premium TFs were done because people wanted authenticy, they really wanted to offer updated figures.

Any Japanese toys coming?
Trying to celebrate all eras, better than maybe a chance.

Animated Omega Supreme - no plans yet.

Wrekgar could be back in S3.

Ravage takes up 1` slot TRU Soundwave

Want to make Waspinator, definate possibilty.

Repaints of Starscream would liked to be done.

Voyager Soundwave, rumble, ravage or Soundwave?
No ravage, maybe Soundwave has another instrument. No soundwave plans.

Sideshow collaboration?
Those are not made by toy team, so dont know.

Why is Galvatron so small?
Not always their decision. They like the delux scale and want to make them affordable
No plans for a bigger one.

Possible to see more TF style items in fast food packs.

Marty does not know the answer to Female SS personality "you don't want to know"

No leadre Lockdown.

Lockdown redeco? Why they hand problem?
Yes. It was designed that way.

No new Universe Unincron
Armada reissue at TRU.

Will there be a full-length Animated movie?
Not at the moment, but you never know these days

Transformers Panel

Aaron Archer
Jared Wade
Michael Bellog
Jared Jones

2007 WAS HUGE FOR THEM WITH MOVIE
Over $700 mill sales
#1 DVD
#1 Action Figure
Toy of the Year Assorgtment

Animated

Sential Prime
Swoop Action figure - Hoping to do all Dinobots
Elete Guard Bumblebee
Leader Ultramagnus - sept 08

Spring 2009

Acivatorys Cluffjumper - new head
Deluxe Blurr - Looks like Movie movie mystery car?
Deluxe Swindle - Looks kind of like Senetical with camo deco 12/08
Voyager Longarm - 12/08
Voyager Shockwave - 12/09 - One bot 2 forums - Puzzle type design by Takara
Blade Megatron - Blue Repaint of voyger - in the shadow repaint

Universe

Ironhide - 10/08 - Ratchet is a possible
Sideswipe - red sunstreaker with new torso and head
Silver bolt - 08/08 - Light sounds - prjectle and TFing effect
Storm Cluod - Made powerglide into a Decpticons and like Micromaster Storm Cloud
Legends - Megatron G2 & Jazz
Robot Hereos - 08/O8 - Maybe some Armada coming

Fall 08 Exclusives

Nemeis prime - SDCC
Skywarp - SDCC
Wal Mart Off Screen - deluxe - Breakaway, fracture, crankcase - 9/08
Wal-mart - 3 pack with classics, move and animated - 9/08
target - Inverse comic Packs - target 2006 - Dirge and Roadbuster
" - War Within Springer and Ratbatt - 11/08
KMart - Mini-con 12 Pack - 9/08
TRU - Titaniums Grimlock and Prowl - 9/08

25th anniversary

Celebrtion of all 25 years
As many touch points onf the "Eras' in TFs
History lesson the Brand
25th Prime - Toy and comic and DVD, sound box with cullen phrases, hooks on to belt!
Deluxe Unverse Hound and Ravage - cassteet fist into TRY Soundwave - some paint apps TBD
Cyclonus Target Master - very good transformation from takara
Deluxe Cheetor - Button on back made mouth and eyes to change from red to green, has bblade weapons and tail whacker weapon
Voyager Inferno - Avoid Ladder truck, used water cannon blaster instead. Missile is scuplted to look like water.
Legends - Brawn and Beachcomber.
Cosmos and BB Legends - Looks very G1 - Cybertronian version. Text on bot spells Cosmos.
Robot Heroes - Cheetor and Tankor BM, Rid Prime and Megatron
Transformers - Lots more Mighy Muggs coming!

Movie

Working hard on new Robots to make them awesome
Bigger and bader than first
Cannot talk about it right now.

Robzy
27th July 2008, 10:19 PM
Wowee! :eek: I love all those new Animated figs! I am also very excited by Hound, Ravage & Cyclonus! And the Legends are awesome too! Can't wait...

Pulse
27th July 2008, 11:25 PM
Why must they tease us like this...?!

I feel like a kid who knows what they're gonna be getting for Christmas but just can't have it yet... :D

Tober
28th July 2008, 12:08 AM
So that's 2 years in a row that we weren't allowed to take photos at BotCon so that SDCC gets all the extra publicity of first public broadcasting of images. If they prevent us again next year at BotCon, I'll certainly be disputing it. :mad:

I can assure you that it annoys people who don't/can't go to BotCon alot more :p
You guys get to see things that the rest of us don't for months.
Then we have to hassle you for info... :rolleyes:

How confusing is it going to be for people unfamiliar with G1 to know that the dog looking figure isn't the one called "Hound". Even if it's supposed to be a Jaguar.

griffin
28th July 2008, 01:31 AM
Absolutely. How can I share the info and pics from BotCon to you guys if they have that policy? Us Aussie fans (okay, the 1 or 2 of us) only go to BotCon, not SDCC, so which is more use for reporting first hand info from?
The fans at BotCOn are the ones who have been with TFs through the bad and good, keeping the faith and universe alive all these years, and this is how Hasbro rewards us by allowing an audience with only a small proportion of serious fans at SDCC get permission to record the panel (for themselves and for relaying to others).
It really is a slap in the face by Hasbro to the real fans.

STL
28th July 2008, 02:32 AM
How confusing is it going to be for people unfamiliar with G1 to know that the dog looking figure isn't the one called "Hound". Even if it's supposed to be a Jaguar.

:D

I find it particularly annoying that Hasbro suck so bad that they don't even fix their promotional slides when it's painfully obvious they've mistransformed two of their own toys which they're trying to generate buzz for. (WW Prowl & Cheetor).

Either that, or that is one seriously deformed up toy. :rolleyes:

I'm only really excited about Hound/Ravage. Cyclonus = Henkei, please.

Was the world really crying out for a repaint of Leader Megatron? :rolleyes:

Inferno's a very nice touch... but... I'm disappointed that the molds not flexible enough to incorporate a Grapple repaint. It's possible they might just do a straight orange repaint of Inferno but that wouldn't feel right. I also hope they add the white thinks to Inferno's head too. I'm very glad too about the size class Inferno is in. Just right imo.

ChlorHex
28th July 2008, 04:06 AM
Oh, I really like the new Cheetor!
I'm hoping that they'll consider doing a Rhinox or Terrorsaur... in fact, anything Beast Wars will make my day :D

These are great times for TF collectors with the vast range of timelines the Universe toyline covers (can't believe that they're doing a Targetmaster Cyclonus!)

The only bad thing would be the huge deficit in the bank after all these purchases! :p

Verno
28th July 2008, 09:52 AM
I'd be happy to see that new Animated Swoop design given a thorough coating of red paint and called Terrorsaur, it's a great design.

Lord_Zed
28th July 2008, 06:23 PM
Hmm interesting.

Cyclonus and Hound looks pretty good to me as long as thier deluxe size. not sure about Cyclonus jet mode yet, seems a bit busy. Inferno I'm not sure about his alt mode is updated, but his robot mode makes his old one look good. As for Cheetor need to see his alt mode transformed properly, I like that they've tried to make it more cheetery or something. Like Inferno he seems to have an updated alt mode and a goofy bot mode.

As for the legends, I may actual get some if there based on g1 minibots.

As for animated toys there not my thing. Though Blur could be a maybe just to stand next to Lockdown.