PDA

View Full Version : Mp wheel jack ko or not?

evandouglas86
12th November 2013, 01:46 PM
So I have seen mp Wheeljack on a site for $56 pre order... Does that sound sus to you? Or are TakTom Mp getting cheaper?

UltraMarginal
12th November 2013, 01:47 PM
some sites were selling the datsuns for about that much at pre-order.

lancalot
12th November 2013, 02:23 PM
There hasn't been an official announcement yet from tt about MP20 MP21 yet...
so ill hold out for the preorder till then i reckon ....

Deonasis
12th November 2013, 02:28 PM
I think straight out of Amazon japan the MP Datsuns were about $46 USD. I am not sure if that was a discount or rrp..

Cat
12th November 2013, 02:30 PM
RK's early-bird pricing is about the same.

I don't understand how they could be selling a KO of a product that has yet to be seen. Sure, there's predecent for a mold pre-release in KO form first, but there's been other factors that contributed to that. And the announcement of a KO this quick is unlikely, and would also mean there's a very long and interesting backstory behind it. It's simply not a credible scenario at this stage.

I see no reason to distrust reputable retailers offering these prices, which are around the same as the pricing for the others.

It's just that they're guesstimating at best.

I think it will turn out to be a very good deal, but for now, I'm waiting to get more info, and to ensure I can get any extras with whomever I preorder from. Until then, I just have a pre-order at BBTS, which I can cancel at any time anyway.

Sinnertwin
12th November 2013, 05:15 PM
So I have seen mp Wheeljack on a site for $56 pre order... Does that sound sus to you? Or are TakTom Mp getting cheaper?

As an example, HLJ's original preorder price for Prowl was 4640 Yen or $50 AUD.
Sites like BBTS add a further mark up on top of their prices to cover the cost of shipping etc which is why they sell the same toy at the ~$80USD mark.