PDA

View Full Version : KO Grimlock Asia Exclusive

1AZRAEL1
12th November 2013, 08:51 PM
http://tformers.com/transformers-new-images-of-ko-transformers/21739/news.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Hope everyone who wanted Grimlock has him. Hopefully there will be enough differences in the mould to differentiate from the real thing.

lancalot
12th November 2013, 10:13 PM
There got to be something going on at the factory ...as all the new Mp that getting release are getting KO straight away ! :( the reissue of grimlock isn't retail yet and it already getting copied .

Hursticon
13th November 2013, 12:40 AM
Well, it doesn't affect me but that is some seriously s***ty news! :(

Megatran
13th November 2013, 07:00 AM
Based on the photo, are there obvious differences in the KO mould?

It was bound to happen. I'm not surprised with Grimlock. He's been around for a while. But KO of new moulds is frightening. I've always wondered if some of these KOs came from the same factory as unauthorised production runs.

GoktimusPrime
13th November 2013, 08:37 AM
Isn't the box a dead giveaway? I thought the legit Asian version came in a white box like this (http://superhappycashcow.com/pic/Jimmy%20Yeh/transformers/grimlock/grimlock-1.jpg). :confused: If so, then perhaps anyone who doesn't have MP Grimlock yet will need to ensure that they get the toy MISB and avoid the one in the KO box.

drifand
13th November 2013, 12:33 PM
More likely you get cheated when buying loose.

Jetfire in the sky
13th November 2013, 04:12 PM
FFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR K :mad::mad::mad:

kup
13th November 2013, 05:42 PM
There got to be something going on at the factory ...as all the new Mp that getting release are getting KO straight away ! :( the reissue of grimlock isn't retail yet and it already getting copied .

Not a new phenomenon. It's happened in the past.

I believe that the outsourced factory tends to do an 'extra' unauthorized production to sell themselves.

Skullcruncher
14th November 2013, 08:56 AM
Not a new phenomenon. It's happened in the past.

I believe that the outsourced factory tends to do an 'extra' unauthorized production to sell themselves.

Sounds right to me, surely Takara or Hasbro must be annoyed at this or maybe they have made their money and don't care?

What I do find funny is several people (on other boards) who have embraced the G1 KO's are complaining about these. :confused:

kup
14th November 2013, 12:03 PM
Sounds right to me, surely Takara or Hasbro must be annoyed at this or maybe they have made their money and don't care?

What I do find funny is several people (on other boards) who have embraced the G1 KO's are complaining about these. :confused:

I don't think they care. They would just ignore it or write it off as an unavoidable consequence of outsourcing the production. They save a tonne of money and considerably increase revenue by outsourcing and cost cutting so what do they care?

drifand
14th November 2013, 09:22 PM
I don't think they care. They would just ignore it or write it off as an unavoidable consequence of outsourcing the production. They save a tonne of money and considerably increase revenue by outsourcing and cost cutting so what do they care?

I am surprised as Bandai cover their end quite tight and fake ones don't match their products.

SkyWarp91
15th November 2013, 01:49 AM
Guess MISB is only way to go, as seeing as some bastard could just buy an empty Grimlock box, put the KO in and mark it up!

kup
15th November 2013, 12:10 PM
I am surprised as Bandai cover their end quite tight and fake ones don't match their products.

It's called having pride in the products you make. Bandai does, Takara used to. Takara-Tomy and Hasbro doesn't really care. Tak-Tom probably have higher standards than Hasbro only because their target market demands it.