PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up MP-05 and...

WeallscreamforStarscream
21st November 2013, 02:00 PM
Just picked up MP-05 Megs for $150!! Sydney local complete with everything.

Only prob is the dude tried to transform him into gun mode and popped bits and pieces off him. So it took me about 45 to find the bits and put them where they go.. and almost 90mins to try and figure out how to put the last step together.

SH-T IS CRAZY!!!

This has to be the most fiddley and fragile toy i have played with EVER!

... going to you tube now to work out how to finish him up.. damn it

lancalot
21st November 2013, 02:10 PM
cool..good find.... he is a floppy mess :D... but a great figure overall ...
if you can't work it out ...i can take pic of the instruction for you ...but i think you should be able to found it somewhere on the net ....

Sinnertwin
21st November 2013, 02:18 PM
I only tranformed him once. That was enough for me.

WeallscreamforStarscream
21st November 2013, 02:40 PM
oh i got the instructions... still a pain in the ass.

i think im gonna take some snaps of him in gun mode when done and then take a day off to transform him into robot mode lol

UltraMarginal
21st November 2013, 02:45 PM
It is a complex figure but brilliantly engineered in my Opinion.

If you go through the transformation a few times you pick it up and it becomes less harrowing. The hip panels will always fall off though, you can't really avoid that.

Good find for $150

Megatran
21st November 2013, 06:20 PM
That's fantastic & I'm happy for you mate!!! MP Megatron (& G1 Megatron) are my holy grails, so it's nice to know that people get excited when they land one of these.

Ehhhh.... why is this thread appearing in the Non-TF section? :p

MayzaPrime
21st November 2013, 07:08 PM
I only tranformed him once. That was enough for me.

Me too... Never again :o

WeallscreamforStarscream
21st November 2013, 07:14 PM
I probably messed up and posted in the wrong section lol still a noob on here :)

It would be a mission complete to have the G1 Megatron and MP-10 Prime in my collection. I was over the moon to have picked MP-05.. i was gonna smuggle it on my next holiday in 2 years time lol

Sinnertwin
21st November 2013, 10:01 PM
If you're planning on displaying MP05 & 10 together, it may be worth considering a variation of the MP01 mold as these will scale better together than 05 &10. :)

WeallscreamforStarscream
21st November 2013, 10:06 PM
does 01 come with trailer though?

AND FAAAR OUT.. i just cant finish this guy off...

all i need to do is put the handle together to complete the pistol. I just cant figure out how to bring them together without breaking the damn thing:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

WeallscreamforStarscream
21st November 2013, 11:04 PM
almost 4 HOURS later its done. i finally finished him into gun mode. awesome feel to it and understand why its banned in the country!

one more transform into robot and that will be that!

lancalot
22nd November 2013, 12:33 AM
almost 4 HOURS later its done. i finally finished him into gun mode. awesome feel to it and understand why its banned in the country!

:D:eek: 4 Hours!!

WeallscreamforStarscream
22nd November 2013, 08:51 AM
again.. all i was trying to do was put the legs together to form the guns grip. no sh-t! I watched a couple of vids on your tube, and i ended up working it out myself.

i was just scared of breaking it to make it fit. I even grabbed a screwdriver to start taking apart to make it fit lol.

unbelieveable...

GoktimusPrime
22nd November 2013, 11:38 AM
almost 4 HOURS later its done.
It is certainly the single most difficult toy to transform. Even as an experienced collector, it took me about 1.5 hours to transform it. :o :rolleyes:

i finally finished him into gun mode. awesome feel to it and understand why its banned in the country!
It's not banned in this country. Laws for gun Transformers are state/territory based on vary between regions. In NSW it's not banned, but it is prohibited. This means that you must own a special permit to have one, and there are requirements for having said permit (e.g. safe storage requirements). megatron.net.au (http://www.megatron.net.au[/url)

Yup. I find G1 Megatron more fun to play w/ in gun mode anyway (being closer in scale to an actual Walther P38). ;) Also G1 Megatron comes w/ the silencer-barrel and stock which MP Megatron doesn't.

Lint
22nd November 2013, 11:44 AM
If you go through the transformation a few times you pick it up and it becomes less harrowing. The hip panels will always fall off though, you can't really avoid that.

Yep this is definitely true, it's actually a pretty smooth transformation once you get the hang of it. Unfortunately if you're like me and only transform the guy once in a blue moon you do tend to forget the less intuitive points of his tranformation and it's like you just got him yesterday again :p

liegeprime
22nd November 2013, 05:24 PM
Congrats, its hard to find one these days, especially because of the prohibitions set on the item here in Australia.
I myself transformed mine twice. First when I got him the first time - which took me hours as well, but not as much as 4 heheheh. The second time was when I changed his legs and hip plates with the third party upgrade kit. which made the figure more bottom heavy and thus less resistant to toppling over. It made the figure more heavier really, plus with all the extensions, feels so satisfyingly more like G1 Megs. Shouldve taken pics then, ah well. Im not too keen on transforming him any time soon, as he is at the back of my display case, in a rather non-standing-out place in the collection room.;)

Megatran
16th December 2013, 10:22 PM
Was playing with a used MP Megs for the first time ever. His ankle ball joints are loose and thus have trouble trying to make him stand upright in bot mode, let alone trying to strike creative poses. Keeps on falling forward. Is there a remedy to rectify thus?

1AZRAEL1
16th December 2013, 10:54 PM
Was playing with a used MP Megs for the first time ever. His ankle ball joints are loose and thus have trouble trying to make him stand upright in bot mode, let alone trying to strike creative poses. Keeps on falling forward. Is there a remedy to rectify thus?

Yep, adding a few layers of either clear nail polish or super glue to the ball itself then put back in the socket works pretty well with most other figures with ball joints, though not really a permanent fix. I have noticed with at least one figure I have done this on needs a new coating.

There is no real long term fix that I have heard of yet.

Though for my MP Megs on my display shelf, I use a doll stand to keep him from falling forward :p

DELTAprime
16th December 2013, 11:28 PM
I'm never getting my MP Megs out of his package again. He seems so fragile just standing there, especially with the Scope/Fusion Cannon putting a permanent lean on him. I remember when Megs was new and YouTube reviewer Dyansis broke his Megs in half doing the review. Super fragile figure.

millhouse
17th December 2013, 12:06 AM
does 01 come with trailer though?

Nope.

But MP-4 does. :)

WeallscreamforStarscream
17th December 2013, 09:11 AM
i still haven't taken him out of gun mode.. too scared and really enjoying gun mode.

my wife looks at me weird when im on the phone and waving 'a gun' around in the other hand hahaha

Sinnertwin
17th December 2013, 09:35 AM
As long as your not quoting Tony Montana while you're on the phone :p

WeallscreamforStarscream
17th December 2013, 03:07 PM
hahahahahaha and a mountain of wizz fizz on my desk LOL