PDA

View Full Version : IDW reprinting DWs Armada comic (IDWs Oct TFs comics)

griffin
28th July 2008, 01:43 PM
To be released in October is the first of Dreamwave's Armada comic compilations. This could see the entire Armada and Energon comic reprinted as compilations (DW only did 2 Volumes, up to Issue 11), and hopefully unprinted Energon material when DW folded.

http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=208&itemid=11928

Also listed for October release is more UK reprinted material - Space Pirates and Time Wars.
Plus Animated #3, All Hail Megatron #4, Saga of the Allspark #4, and the Art of IDWs Transformers (which could be a re-release).

Gutsman Heavy
28th July 2008, 01:45 PM
gonna grab Armada

Paulbot
28th July 2008, 01:55 PM
I would like to buying those comics again in trade format. I prefer the trade format for ease of access.

If they did include some of the unpublished Dreamwave stuff that would be great, even if it was just a gallery of the penciled art and the scripts/plot outlines.

gonna grab Armada

That the spirit! Gotta catch 'em all!

TheDirtyDigger
28th July 2008, 02:05 PM
What are the chances of them resurrecting and completeing War Within?

Pulse
28th July 2008, 02:29 PM
What are the chances of them resurrecting and completeing War Within?

Better than them ever finishing off Hearts of Steel... :rolleyes::D

Paulbot
28th July 2008, 02:51 PM
Hearts of Steel was finished... ???

Zippo
28th July 2008, 02:56 PM
I'll be keen on the new stuff. I prefer single comics for some odd reason - even though a trade is cheaper and easier to read..

Pulse
28th July 2008, 03:09 PM
Hearts of Steel was finished... ???

To me (Yes, I know I'm an idiot :p), by including these concept sketches (http://ueba.net/hosted_pages/Transformers-Evolution) at the end of the comics tells me there were plans made to include them as a part of the story in future issues... :)

STL
28th July 2008, 03:34 PM
Not the reprint everyone was crying for but I've been contemplating grabbing the Armada/Energon comics for a long while now so I'll probably bite

GoktimusPrime
28th July 2008, 04:44 PM
re: War Within
They could reprint The War Within but I don't think there's much chance of them continuing from it. Two problems I see could be...
1/ DW could still own the rights to the War Within designs and story etc. Being given the licence to reprint those comics doesn't mean that its contents becomes IDW's intellectual property (after all, Titan Books have reprinted a lot of G1 issues but I think Circuit Breaker, Death's Head, Centurion et al. remain property of Marvel Comics).
2/ I think IDW are more interested with keeping things within their own continuity as far as their retro-G1 series is concerned. They're more likely to write a story about Nova Prime and the Ark-1 mission rather than continuing the War Within.

Paulbot
28th July 2008, 06:14 PM
1/ DW could still own the rights to the War Within designs and story etc. Being given the licence to reprint those comics doesn't mean that its contents becomes IDW's intellectual property .

There's several War Within designs on the Stormbringer cover so I'd say IDW/Hasbro own them and can use them if they wanted to. I'd be happy with just detailed plot summaries and line art.

They're more likely to write a story about Nova Prime and the Ark-1 mission rather than continuing the War Within.

They are, it was announced over the weekend.

STL
28th July 2008, 09:10 PM
Paulbot is correct. The designs are available to Hasbro. What isn't available are the stories from the third volume and artwork b/c the artists/inkers/colourists/writers haven't been paid for their work. Until that happens, which is most likely never since Hasbro doesn't want to pay a liability it doesn't have to and that's not even starting about liquidation procedures, we will never see the finished WW: the Age of Wrath.

Which means me will forever be = :(

War Within was in my opinion some of the best Transformers stuff ever.

Bartrim
29th July 2008, 09:49 AM
War Within was in my opinion some of the best Transformers stuff ever.

Totally agree there. Should of been made into a cartoon.

GoktimusPrime
29th July 2008, 11:44 AM
They are, it was announced over the weekend.
Sweeet. :D

Paulbot is correct. The designs are available to Hasbro.
Ah of course. That's why they can use them for Titanium Series!

What isn't available are the stories from the third volume and artwork b/c the artists/inkers/colourists/writers haven't been paid for their work. Until that happens, which is most likely never since Hasbro doesn't want to pay a liability it doesn't have to and that's not even starting about liquidation procedures, we will never see the finished WW: the Age of Wrath.
Yeah, so in the end same result. :/

Totally agree there. Should ofhave been made into a cartoon
That would only work if they made a toyline to go along with them - and not like Titanium Series, I mean a proper toyline. Ti Series make nice display pieces but they're awful action figures.

But as we know Hasbro instead decided to go with Animated. (-_-)

Bartrim
30th July 2008, 12:06 PM
That would only work if they made a toyline to go along with them - and not like Titanium Series, I mean a proper toyline. Ti Series make nice display pieces but they're awful action figures.

Yes it's nice to dream isn't it :)

Paulbot
12th August 2008, 11:39 AM
I was having a look at the IDW Greatest Battles of Optimus Prime vs Megatron trade paperback in Borders and I'm a little wary now. That trade reprints an issue of the Armada series in very poor quality, it looks like colour photocopies of the original printed comic. I hope they find a better source for this reprint collection.

roller
12th August 2008, 11:46 AM
hmmmm might have to cut out issue 4 when i see this thing on the rack

i dont have issue 4 of Armada

sifun
12th August 2008, 03:09 PM
need More than Meets the eye Volume 2 :( Cmonnn reprint!

Paulbot
12th August 2008, 03:32 PM
They are. Patience. :)

autobreadticon
13th March 2009, 04:30 PM
what the status of the armada//Energon reprint, i actually like almost all of DW titles, so disappointed with alot of TF IDW titles in comparison.

STL
13th March 2009, 04:33 PM
what the status of the armada//Energon reprint, i actually like almost all of DW titles, so disappointed with alot of TF IDW titles in comparison.

They're about into the 3rd volume of reprintings IIRC. Not into any of the Energon stuff yet. I should know cos I just looked at the sales figures... which shall be posted over the weekend