PDA

View Full Version : Shockwave lab

tron07
28th November 2013, 01:28 AM
I am overseas at the moment and i saw beast hunter shockwave lab at TRU. Is it worthy to buy it as its quite pricey.... Around $80

BigTransformerTrev
28th November 2013, 09:29 AM
I am overseas at the moment and i saw beast hunter shockwave lab at TRU. Is it worthy to buy it as its quite pricey.... Around $80

That's not too bad in my opinion. Not the best price but considering the awful alt-mode Shockers comes with, having a little playset reason to keep him in robot mode in is very appealing. I tried to buy this from the Hasbro shop but they wouldn't ship overseas :( so I ended up getting the swish-paintjob Takara version sans lab

UltraMarginal
28th November 2013, 09:51 AM
I've seen it in person, and the lab structure itself is pretty basic. If you are mainly after the Shockwave there are cheaper options.

If you are after the box/lab to have on display I'd say that's not a bad price compared to importing it from some other source.

it's also the only way to get the clear predaking.

griffin
28th November 2013, 03:48 PM
I like the little diarama, but the scaling is bad. As toys only, it is a little expensive for us in Australia (as a Voyager and a Cmdr is about $60 here), but REALLY expensive for those in America (as those two figures retail at about $30).
It can also depend on which version you've found, as I didn't think either one was released through a TRU store?

The one with the clear white Predaking was from SDCC in America, and the one with the translucent orange Predaking was from the AGC convention in Asia. Perhaps there was excess, or a TRU in a third country was allowed to release it.
What country are you currently in (or saw it in)?

Check some of the online stores for both versions, as the prices for both can vary from $40-100 on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/sch/Transformers-Robots-/83732/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=shockwave+lab&_sop=3)... and neither one is consistently more expensive than the other (the Asian one looks to be rarer, at least in America, but the SDCC one is in higher demand because it was originally cheaper, looks nicer, and cheaper to ship as it was already in America). BBTS however, has the SDCC one at a higher price, while both BBTS and an Asian site has the orange Asian one at about $85.
So it's value will depend on what colour version of Predaking you want, or what "number out of the Anniversary 30" you want... or whichever is more convenient for you, as you obviously have direct access to one version.

UPDATE - okay, I can see what Asian country you are posting from, and they must have been given stock to sell in their TRU stores... which I'd be guessing is the orange AGC version?

Deonasis
28th November 2013, 05:31 PM
Also, here is one for sale on our board: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=16744

Just like the rest of this thread who knows which version it is.

I prefer the pics of the orange one myself.

tron07
28th November 2013, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback.... I will give it a miss as i thought it was the clear version. My lugguage is quite full, so i dont think i can fit the box in.

Last week I was in Bangkok and most of the small toy shops carry fake transformers. I got 2 knock off bumblebee for my twin 5 year old nephews at the price of 1 deluxe toy and intro them to the world of transformers. They will be going back to US soon, so hopefully it will encourage hem to play with transformers.

griffin
28th November 2013, 09:30 PM
If the outer box doesn't have a SDCC or AGC label on it, see if it has the "of 30" label on it, as that will let you know what colour should be on the inside (if you would have bought it if you were sure it was the clear version).
Number 2 of 30 is the clear version from SDCC, while the 6 of 30 set has the orange version from AGC.
Both should only be about US$50 though at retail (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=388008&postcount=3)... if you find you have a choice (like on ebay).