PDA

View Full Version : Beast Machines DVD!

SilverDragon
28th July 2008, 09:16 PM
In Dick Smith Electronics at the Moore Park Supacenta, I spotted a DVD of Beast Machines.

It was of some second-season episodes, and featured Optimus Primal and Cheetor on the cover, with the other Maximals (and Megatron) on the edges.

Interestingly, the back featured images from Beast Wars! :confused:

kup
28th July 2008, 10:27 PM
In Dick Smith Electronics at the Moore Park Supacenta, I spotted a DVD of Beast Machines.

It was of some second-season episodes, and featured Optimus Primal and Cheetor on the cover, with the other Maximals (and Megatron) on the edges.

Interestingly, the back featured images from Beast Wars! :confused:

yeah that was released late last year. I think Sony released it.

When I saw it I also noticed the mistake. There is nothing Beast Wars in it, they just mistakingly put screen shots from BW instead of BM.

Autocon
1st August 2008, 11:16 PM
bought set of 4 today at kmart
$9 each

regarding BW screen shots: these would be flashbacks;)

probly just trying to make ppl buy them bcoz there're related to BW;)

Paulbot
22nd September 2008, 12:38 PM
I saw these at JB HiFi for $10 each which I thought was quite cheap (but Autocon's sighting back in August was chepaer). Still $36-40 for the complete Beast Machines series is not bad.

GoktimusPrime
22nd September 2008, 02:05 PM
The Sony Beast Machines DVDs are adequate, but not as nice as Madman's Beast Wars DVDs. There's bugger all special features on them. :(

kup
22nd September 2008, 04:14 PM
The Madman Beast Wars DVDs are the best release yet. The Rhino ones come a distant second as they don't have as many special features and that 'we care' factor.

GoktimusPrime
24th September 2008, 09:37 PM
One thing I will praise the Sony BM DVDs for is the inclusion of SUBTITLES. That's one thing I don't like about the Madman TF DVDs ('cept for the Takara collection of course).

Subtitles are useful for people whose English may not be so strong so that they find subtitles as a handy aid, and they're absolutely vital for the hearing-impaired, and yeah, there are deaf Transfans (including deaf Australian Transfans).