PDA

View Full Version : The Coronation - TFSource Article

Maz
28th December 2013, 08:59 AM
Return of the King, the return of Starscream, the return of MP-11. For everyone who originally missed out on Takara Tomy’s Transformers Masterpiece Starscream when it was re-tooled as MP-11 (“What do I need with another MP Starscream?”) and realised in time what a sore omission it turned out to be in their Masterpiece collecting, Hasbro Asia have recently reissued MP-11 with another run due early in 2014. Online images rarely do this magnificent creation justice, so having finally added him to the MP shelf, I can comfortably say what others have said for months – I will never need another G1 Starscream.

The Coronation | Source Blog (http://tfsource.com/blog/the-coronation/) <- CLICK TO READ

http://tfsource.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/xmpScream.jpg

All the best
Maz

Megatran
28th December 2013, 11:28 AM
Click on the thread below for previous discussions on this forum regarding MP-11 Starscream Coronation Reissue by Hasbro HK.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=17029

heroic_decepticon
28th December 2013, 12:06 PM
lovely article as always mate

Maz
29th December 2013, 12:29 AM
Click on the thread below for previous discussions on this forum regarding MP-11 Starscream Coronation Reissue by Hasbro HK.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=17029

So I shouldn't be posting articles on toys previously reviewed by others separately?

Would I have to post in the thread dedicated to that particular figure?

Thing is I don't normally do single toy reviews, so what would I do with articles spanning various toys or even lines? Should that go in the creative forum?

Thanks for the kind words, Brando :)

All the best
Maz

Trent
29th December 2013, 11:24 AM
Great article Maz. Your stuff is always an interesting read into a different collecting mindset.

In my mind the only thing that MP-11 is missing is a stand. But I managed to pick up an MP-03 one from a board member here so all is good with the world :)

And I have never understood the hate for Thundercracker's tattoos. I quite like them and think they add to an otherwise uninteresting colour scheme ;) But each to their own :)

griffin
29th December 2013, 07:47 PM
So I shouldn't be posting articles on toys previously reviewed by others separately?

Would I have to post in the thread dedicated to that particular figure?

Not always. If there is something significant about it, it may be left on its own for a while and then moved, but Staff can do that, if or when it is required.
Particularly if you are someone who is not trying to be disruptive or difficult with postings in the wrong sections (which this isn't).... otherwise one of the Staff would give some advice on what best to do. (some people even have their own dedicated review topics on here, for "their fans" to follow their more creative or unique review formats)
If you thinking of cross-posting your reviews here, particularly if they are being hosted on another site for people here to go to, perhaps the dedicated Review Topic idea (like "Maz's Reviews" or something) could be worth looking at doing - and then you can come back at any time and quickly post up new and obscure reviews in that spot.
(Just be sure that the other site is okay with hotlinking of images hosted on their site)

Megatran was probably just posting up the other review topic for the benefit of others to refer to, when reading your review... He wouldn't have been having a go at you for posting something creative here.

Megatran
29th December 2013, 09:31 PM
Thanks & spot on Griff. Wasn't my intention to play 'traffic police' nor is it my role. Rather, merely providing a previous thread on a similar topic for Maz (or anyone else) should they want to read it. I need to use icons more to convey the mood. :)

Maz
30th December 2013, 07:46 AM
Excellent, thank you for the positive feedback and advice guys :)

The dedicated thread idea sounds good, as long as "Maz's TFSource Articles" doesn't sound too pompous? Ideally I'd love to do an individual thread for each article as I do on other boards but only if it isn't considered against this board's accepted and respected etiquette.

All the best
Maz

griffin
30th December 2013, 08:39 PM
Your own topic title won't be pompous, as we have others here with their own dedicated topics for different reasons. It is better that, than having someone posting all their random reviews (of older or less demand items) clogging up the first page of this section.

Maz
1st January 2014, 12:39 PM
Your own topic title won't be pompous, as we have others here with their own dedicated topics for different reasons. It is better that, than having someone posting all their random reviews (of older or less demand items) clogging up the first page of this section.

Thank you Griffin, I'll start a new thread now :)

All the best
Maz