PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with an online transaction- Any advice?

Bartrim
30th July 2008, 09:40 AM
Okay Ozformers I need advice.

Earlier on this year I asked about a good place online to buy TPB's. I got several good answers (thanks guys :)) and I settled on Rupps Comics in America as they had what I felt to be fairly reasonable prices and an extensive catalouge. I bought Target: 2006 and DW Generation 1 volume 2. Paid and received in 3 weeks with great communication.

Last month I order Megatron: Origins and Devastation. I got an email to say that the order has been paid on 30/06. It has now been a month and my order has not been shipped and they wont respond to any of the half a dozen emails I've sent.

Can anyone give me any advice on the next step to take or am I screwed out of my money?

As always, thanks for listening.

kup
30th July 2008, 09:42 AM
What method did you use to pay?

Bartrim
30th July 2008, 09:50 AM
credit card.

gamblor916
30th July 2008, 10:12 AM
I've bought stuff through them before (though I think they're a middleman distributor) without any issues as late as a few weeks ago.
As for your problem if you paid by credit card I think you may have some protection through your credit card company.

Tober
30th July 2008, 10:15 AM
How much are you being charged? If it's alot you could try contacting your creditcard company or bank. If they side with you they can refund your money (in theory).

iceburn
30th July 2008, 10:29 AM
just call your credit card company to cancel that transaction if they do not wish to respond.

TazD
30th July 2008, 10:48 AM
Why don't you buy from this website. http://www.kingscomics.com/catalog/
As it is based in Sydney. I have had no problem with them.

Pulse
30th July 2008, 10:57 AM
They won't respond to your emails? How the hell do they do business like that? :mad:

Just call your credit card company to cancel that transaction if they do not wish to respond.

That's what I'd do... :)

Bartrim
30th July 2008, 11:08 AM
Why don't you buy from this website. http://www.kingscomics.com/catalog/
As it is based in Sydney. I have had no problem with them.

Yeah I think I will, especially since I metone of the guy through Kuzzy on the weekend.:)

Thanks for the advice guys I'll give my credit card company a call.

Bartrim
31st July 2008, 10:50 AM
Okay. This morning I ring citibank (my credit card company) and start a dispute over the transaction with Rupps. 20 minutes of talking later and I am told that there are claim forms being sent to me to fill out. Happy with that I go online to kings comics to purchase the comics and take advantage of their flat rate shipping special. Just about to complete the transaction when the little envelope thingy appears in the corner saying I have a new message in outlook express. I decided to open it up. Low and behold it's from Rupps apologising because he's been at SDCC and my order has just been shipped. So now I have to cancel the dispute with citibank.

I believe the term is GRRRRRRRR!

Pulse
31st July 2008, 11:12 AM
Hopefully you've learned your lesson - don't shop with Rupps Comics in the future :D

iceburn
31st July 2008, 11:14 AM
glad everything worked out fine...ask Rupp to send you a FREE 6" Titanium Skywarp or SDCC Nemesis Prime for waiting so long!! *haha*

Bartrim
31st July 2008, 12:06 PM
glad everything worked out fine...ask Rupp to send you a FREE 6" Titanium Skywarp or SDCC Nemesis Prime for waiting so long!! *haha*

That is a good idea. I already emailed him and telling that I understand about his attendance at SDCC but it still shouldn't of taken a month so I'm still pretty annoyed. Maybe he will compensate me... I wish :p

iceburn
31st July 2008, 12:20 PM
haha Bartrim!! you liar, cheater and compulsive gambler!!

Zippo
31st July 2008, 05:00 PM
You could always dispute the charge still ..

STL
31st July 2008, 10:14 PM
Hrm... I'd be careful, Bart. Just be sure they arrive first. A lot of sellers say a lot of things to get out of trouble. I'm surprised you just didn't use Amazon though. They're pretty good.

Bartrim
31st July 2008, 10:24 PM
I've had alot of trouble with amazon in the past STL. The folks at Citibank aren't pursuing the claim but have left it open... sort of. In case the goods don't come. But having now gotten atleast some respons from Rupps I feel alot better.

STL
1st August 2008, 12:15 AM
Just thinking, Bart. There's a store in Sydney CBD called Kinokunya. They sell a lot of graphic novels and w/ the member discount the prices come very close to US RRP so in the future u might want to ask one of the Sydney metro folks to grab it for u and then mail it up which in a thick padded back would only be about $5-7