PDA

View Full Version : Happy new year

lancalot
31st December 2013, 07:23 PM
Happy New Year everyone... wishing every the best .... have a safe holiday ... now time to party !!! :D

http://imageshack.us/a/img268/2157/ys6j.jpg

ILikeSoundwave
31st December 2013, 07:30 PM
Happy new year to everyone and your families, may 2014 be full of great new Transformers.

1AZRAEL1
31st December 2013, 08:06 PM
Happy new year all. For those partying, spare a thought to those poor suckers that have to work, and have a few drinks on our behalf and stay safe, and rock out \m/

Hursticon
31st December 2013, 08:11 PM
Indeed - Happy New Year to everyone, I hope the incoming year is both fruitful and enjoyable for you all! :cool:

GoktimusPrime
1st January 2014, 12:07 AM
Post yer Transformers New Years greetings here ;) Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR! :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/nye_zpsa0600e8c.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/umadoshi_zps0fdb3e08.jpg

Skullcruncher
1st January 2014, 12:11 AM
Happy new year everyone, keep to those resolutions as long as possible! :D

Sam
1st January 2014, 12:12 AM
Wishing everybody a fantastic New Year. For those of you on leave / holidays, hoping you will have the opportunity to recharge and go back to work / study feeling refreshed.

VERT
1st January 2014, 12:45 AM
Happy New Year everyone. Hope its a good one. :D

UltraMarginal
1st January 2014, 12:51 AM
Happy New Year!!
party hard and travel safe.
I'll have a brew in your honor az.

jazzcomp
1st January 2014, 09:07 AM
Happy new year, everybody!!!

Deonasis
1st January 2014, 10:09 AM
Happy New Year everybot!

MayzaPrime
1st January 2014, 10:11 AM
Happy new year every-con :p

Megatran
1st January 2014, 12:14 PM
Happy New Year everyone. May this year be a prosperous one (just like all previous years) and good health to you and loved ones. May you seek out and grasp the holy grail you have been longing for. Carpe Diem!

loophole
1st January 2014, 12:16 PM
Happy new year everyone!! Hope its a year filled with Transformers!!

griffin
2nd January 2014, 01:11 AM
Any new year's resolutions people want to share?

Mine...

No more of this type of food for the foreseeable future (or for as long as I can).

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/b693.jpg

Not avoiding burgers in general, just "junk" fast food (like HJs, McDonalds, KFC, Pizza franchises, as well chips & confectionery). I've been able to avoid McDonalds for 13.5 years now, so should be able to do the other junk food franchises... hopefully.

Starscream77
2nd January 2014, 10:41 AM
Yeah I am trying my hardest resolution yet.... Giving up the smokes

This is bloody hard, it's been a day and a half and my mood is not pretty

UltraMarginal
2nd January 2014, 11:59 AM

I hear the first couple weeks are the hardest. Good luck and hang in there.

@Griffin yea until Botcon:p

Trent
2nd January 2014, 03:47 PM
Any new year's resolutions people want to share?

Mine...

No more of this type of food for the foreseeable future (or for as long as I can).

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/b693.jpg

Not avoiding burgers in general, just "junk" fast food (like HJs, McDonalds, KFC, Pizza franchises, as well chips & confectionery). I've been able to avoid McDonalds for 13.5 years now, so should be able to do the other junk food franchises... hopefully.
^That does not look appealing in the slightest.

griffin
2nd January 2014, 04:07 PM
That was probably the only time I've ever bought a cheeseburger and didn't get a squished, pancake-looking mess.
For me it was a fitting final Cheeseburger... which has been a weakness of mine for so many years. :p

christalcase
2nd January 2014, 07:46 PM
@Griffin yea until Botcon:p

You are so generous! I give griffin one month before he cracks :p.

Hursticon
3rd January 2014, 01:06 AM

Good on ya and best of luck dude! :D

For myself, I found the 1st 3-4 weeks to be the hardest as it's during this period that your body will start reacting to/craving the the sudden loss of the various chemicals that comprise cigarettes.
After this period I found I no longer had cravings, but the 2nd-hand smoke of others and drinking would have them "knocking at the door" again and this lasted probably close to 3 months. :o

Breaking the routine of smoking (Such as after a meal, a drink, an argument etc) and conquering the addiction mentally are every bit as crucial as that of the physical - This is often the reason why many people quit multiple times. ;)
Of course, this is all predicated on your chosen method of quitting - I took the "Cold Turkey" approach and whilst it may have had social impacts (For me at least), the benefits you'll experience financially, physically & health-wise are all very much worth it. :)

As of August last year I've not touched a ciggy for 3 years; that's coming off of a 9 year addiction, 8 of which were "a-pack-a-day" and let me tell you...

When you suddenly start getting your sense of smell back, no longer wake up to coughing your hole out & expelling brown/black sludge from you're throat, able to walk/run more than 20 meters without keeling over - I think you can tell where I'm going with this. :p

Basically, it's not easy so don't expect it to be, the key thing is everyone is different; you'll get agro, you'll lose your temper and get mighty frustrated - just make sure you fight it both mentally and physically, keep at it and if you feel you need help? - Do not hesitate to ask for it. ;):cool: