PDA

View Full Version : Sales assistance (Perth)

BlackConvoy
10th January 2014, 02:50 PM
I'm hoping someone can help me out here, a lifetime ago I sold a bunch of RID, Armada and Beast Wars figures on this forum, but its reached that point where its probably time to let go of some of my original Generation 1 figures.

I would prefer to sell in a bulk lot, but that doesn't always work, my biggest trouble is trying to come up with a fair price as I haven't collected anything in a long time - besides Kre-O as my kids love to build the robots with me.

I'm from Perth, there isn't anywhere (that I know of) where I could take the collection for appraisal/sale, and I would rather they go to someone starting their collection. Figures are loose as most of them I had as a child.

If anyone is able to assist (or interested?), I will catalog everything I have. They are almost all loose Decepticons from '84-'86 with the prize piece of a complete, boxed (open) Megatron.

Thanks in advance
Steve

1orion2many
10th January 2014, 03:26 PM
Have you thought of getting a table at the Nexus Toy Fair. This one is already fully booked out for the 18th. They happen every 3 months
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nexus-Toy-Fair/212723015422407

Hope that helps, If you make a list I'm sure there are a few people on here that can help with pricing and Welcome to the board:)

BlackConvoy
10th January 2014, 04:27 PM
Many thanks ;) Alas my collection isn't large enough for something like the toy fair. Its mostly season 1 and 2 jets, Devastator, various insecticons and Megatron.

I'll write up some more detailed information this evening with what accessories they have.

Deonasis
10th January 2014, 05:03 PM
Getting stuff accurately valued by someone can be tricky. We do have a 'What is it worth' thread but i thought that was more for those unsure if they want to sell - you seem sure. If you are going to catalogue it anyway, take photos and add all the info to the sale board. Explain that you are unsure (therefore the high price) and that the price still may change up or down for a few days dependant on thread feedback. Start with a high price and insist on a bulk sale with ALL corrospondance in the thread. I am banking on a few members here helping you out on what a good price is. Members can quickly and kindly tell you if your price is far too low or far too high (better to start way high). It would be good to find a box and weigh them to give the east coasters a shipping estimate too.

This is just my thought, a mod may say this is unacceptable practise in the sale section and it may well be, i do not know enough about the caveats.

BlackConvoy
10th January 2014, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the response, I had a quick look around for G1 items, they seem so hard to put a dollar figure on given the such variation in quality and number of accessories.

I'll gather a full list and some photos and hope a moderator can redirect my post if it shouldn't be in the sale section.

Deonasis
10th January 2014, 05:57 PM
Or.. take a few days to get more ideas/feedback from more people. I guess a point i did not make was to take time between each step to get the most feedback so you can always make the most informed choices.

BlackConvoy
10th January 2014, 06:39 PM
Of course :) First step is to gather exactly what I have first...

griffin
10th January 2014, 08:40 PM
There is a list of rules and suggestions in the Saleyard (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=9293), like starting high (above what you'd be happy with) and solicit offers or haggling (in the topic) if no one jumps on your starting prices. Then discount according to limited demand or your own desperation.
Ebay's "completed listings" can be somewhere to start, in case you want to make sure you aren't "giving away" items that could be worth a lot more than you think. But be aware that ebay America gets a lot better prices than ebay Australia.
If you already have a price that you are happy with, don't be too worried about trying to find a "current value", as that will be more of a guiding range, than an exact figure.
If it sells at your preferred price and it is below what you "could" get on ebay, you're both still happy. If it doesn't sell, then you can either list it on ebay as an auction to see what the demand/value is in Australia, or discount your prices here to see how far you have to go to get someone to buy it here.

BlackConvoy
11th January 2014, 03:06 PM
The trouble I've found with ebay is that its so flooded with knock-offs and re-releases, its a pain to find anything decent.

Figures I have are:

G1 Megatron with box, presume complete. Box has some damage.
G1 Sky Warp, Thundercracker, Thrust, Ramjet, Dirge, mostly complete
G2 Starscream, only a few accessories
G1 Constructicons lot, all accessories required for Devastator, missing mini pistols
G1 Kickback, Shrapnel, Bombshell, incomplete
G1 Kickback with box, has some damage.

I'll make up a photo album and catalog exactly what accessories I have.

llamatron
11th January 2014, 03:33 PM
Not that helpful but I'm in Perth and would be keen for that boxed Megs pending box condition. ;)

BlackConvoy
13th January 2014, 11:10 PM
Many thanks everyone for their input, I have gathered photos and *rough* prices and listed them in the Saleyard here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=395250#post395250).